Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Entertainment system shut down

Views : 4629

Replies : 11

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 1st, 2019, 14:30   #11
buzzman

Bad news. I've experienced the same problem that was supposed to have been fixed with the software update performed only a few days ago.

The infotainment system become sluggish again while using both iPod & Nav. The iPod playback got so corrupted with the sluggish operation that it was stuck repeating the same audible sound of a track. (This feature has been experienced before, but not every time when things have gone wrong). The iPod was disconnected from the USB socket before the infotainment system decided it was time to restart itself. The iPod was not locked up interestingly and could be operated on its own and powered off just fine.

Once the infotainment system was back up with no iPod connected it was apparent there were still issues. I could switch freely between eg. Nav & My Car, but as soon as I pressed the Media button the system was very sluggish to respond. The screen would eventually display ”Connect iPod”. With the Media button having dual usages for eg USB, Bluetooth etc, the system after the reboot could remember / knew that the last function used as Media was the iPod. When I tried to use the thumb wheel to scroll and select another media function like Bluetooth this was totally sluggish too. If you selected Nav Screen or MY Car Screen again there was a massive delay before these screens were displayed, but once this happened any operations using these were completely fine. (Basically, operation was fine other than anything trying to use the Media functionality).

The infotainment system didn’t reboot itself again on the journey, so the problem remained. I wasn’t in a position to pull over and switch the car off and on to restart the infotainment system to see if normal media function could be regained.

I will be contacting the garage again. When I first took the car in before the software update was found to be necessary, I was warned that most issues involving iPods were due to their age not having the latest software revision installed, and faulty cables used to connect the iPod, so I can expect the response to be “check this first”. Also, unless there are any faults codes logged by the car again, I expect not much can be done investigation wise on the car by the garage without the fault happening with them too.

I still need to check that the iPod has the latest software revision installed.

I’ve access to another iPod, & have another cable which has hardly ever been used, so will try to use this other iPod & cable for a period time to see if the same thing happens. Along with my 2018 Model year V60 I have access to a 2017 Model year V60, so I can also try my iPod & cable in this one too over a period of time.

It’s just so annoying with faults like this one that are intermittent, and don’t happen straight from drive off to be able to nail the fault and get a fix.
buzzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1st, 2019, 19:09   #12
Garryboy

No a fix but I bought a 64gb usb pen drive for £10 and I have hundreds of albums on it. They all play perfectly through the media button. With album art displayed as well. Maybe worth trying with that to see if causes the system to grind to a halt.
Garryboy is offline   Reply With Quote