Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General > 850/x70 S1 Wants
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Wanted Strut Brace "9204180" RHD

Views : 913

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 1st, 2019, 19:47   #1
ZOMOVOL

Default Wanted Strut Brace "9204180" RHD

Hi, I'm looking for Strut Brace Volvo part number 9204180 for Right hand drive.
ZOMOVOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2020, 03:31   #2
joshlgoodwin

I'm currently trying to find a strut brace for my '04 C70 - did you manage to find a strut brace anywhere mate?
joshlgoodwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2020, 16:54   #3
Mkengineering
Master Member

Is that a part number for the volvo 850 t5 r strut brace
Mkengineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2020, 17:56   #4
VOLVWALL

Default Volvo C70 Strut Brace

Hi I've just become a member of the VOC and joined this forum. I too am looking for a strut brace for my recently bought 2004 C70. i have spend weeks ringing and emailing scrap dealers etc to no avail. I've just been in touch with a chap at ViVA Performance https://www.vivaperformance.com/ who were marketing Volvo C/S/V 70 strut braces, unfortuately in the US of A. I emailed a query as to whether they could supply the item for RHD UK cars, and was surprised to get a reply saying "We should be able to special order one for you" so I'll let you know how it goes. I've told them that I'd need a guarantee that it'll fit and a quote for supply and shipping first. Once bitten twice shy-I ordered a brace from Scandcar in Holland, who special ordered it for me,when it arrived it was for LHD!, which they had neglected to tell me. They wont refund and to be honsest were not that helpful- Maybe a language barrier thing.
The Vovo part number is 9204180
VOLVWALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2020, 23:55   #5
sdg1970
Master Member

I would be VERY careful of expecting one to come from the States, being a RHD one. If it didn't from Holland, I'll pretty much guarantee it won't from the States. All they'll do is exactly the same Internet searching you've done imo.

In a nutshell - these are only available when they come up on Ebay second hand and are now floating around the £200 mark. Which is dirt cheap given demand imo.
sdg1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2020, 09:30   #6
VOLVWALL

Hi Thanks for the advice, I'm am pretty certain nothing will come of this as you say.
Steve, the number you left on your PM was too long, so I cant get back to you. As you correctly note As a new member I cant PM you a repy yet.
VOLVWALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2020, 17:06   #7
ITSv40
VOC Member

The world is awash with LHD braces but RHD are as rare as rocking horse poo. Several places made pattern ones but I think all those have dried up now. They have not been available from Volvo for many years. Ebay and scrap scrappies is the way to go.
ITSv40 is online now   Reply With Quote