Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Original Sensus Maps update

Views : 84494

Replies : 408

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 26th, 2017, 22:15   #281
Matto

That's not cool, hope they get it fixed for you soon.

If not all of they will give you a free map update for the system you have!
Matto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2017, 20:20   #282
Whiterdesign
Master Member

Well had my car serviced and MOT,d today so asked about the Sensus update, no problem they said that will be £60. , so told them to go ahead. When i picked car up i had to re pair my phone which took a few goes but eventually it worked. Uploaded maps and set update going in car, then noticed phone wasn't connected, tried for about half an hour and still wouldn't pair so tried to delete phone from car and it wouldn't . Gave up eventually and got wifeys phone that wouldn't connect either. So anyone any ideas, or will i have to wait for the update to finish. Noticed that a few people have had phone pairing problems with the update
Old Mar 9th, 2017, 22:35   #283
blackogo
VOC Member

Mine ignored the phone and everything else except the radio until the update finished. All fine after.
Old May 25th, 2017, 09:52   #284
Ixion

Hello

My navigation system (Volvo S60) is currently on version V30.14.02 (Software version: OBC2).

On the downloads section of the Volvo website (Link) it mentions I should have version V.30.16.04 or later to update the maps.

It mentions "Maps can only be installed after you have visited your Volvo dealer for a Sensus software upgrade" before adding the new maps. Is this just a reason to hand over some money and will it still update from the old version without a visit? Or is the format specific only to a later version
Ixion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2017, 20:15   #285
Whiterdesign
Master Member

You have to have the latest software, will cost about £60, but this depends on dealer, then you can download maps to a USB stick, need 32 GB, You then download to car which takes about 2 hrs, but remember maps and phone will not be available when you do this. At the moment the maps are May 2016, hopefully they will be updated soon.
Old Jun 1st, 2017, 01:53   #286
ericy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
Hello

My navigation system (Volvo S60) is currently on version V30.14.02 (Software version: OBC2).

On the downloads section of the Volvo website (Link) it mentions I should have version V.30.16.04 or later to update the maps.

It mentions "Maps can only be installed after you have visited your Volvo dealer for a Sensus software upgrade" before adding the new maps. Is this just a reason to hand over some money and will it still update from the old version without a visit? Or is the format specific only to a later version
I can say from experience that if you attempt the maps update without first going to the dealer, that Sensus will ask you to enter a license code. I believe that's the mechanism that they used when people purchased DVD sets, and the main point of the software upgrade at the dealer is to remove that.

It might have been easier for Volvo to simply add something to their website where you input your VIN and they give you the license code. But they didn't do it this way.

Once you have the software update from the dealer, your software version should be 1100 or higher.
ericy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2017, 15:39   #287
Voltan

I wonder how committed Volvo are to maintaining updates for this 'free' system. The most current maps are now 1 year old yet maps for 2014 and later cars have been released.
Old Jun 1st, 2017, 17:49   #288
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

They committed to 10 years from Sensus Connect which would take them out until 2023.

And given the timeliness and accuracy of the latest releases it might be 2023 before you get the current road building integrated into the car
The Following User Says Thank You to wimorrison For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 1st, 2017, 21:48   #289
Voltan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wimorrison View Post
They committed to 10 years from Sensus Connect which would take them out until 2023.

And given the timeliness and accuracy of the latest releases it might be 2023 before you get the current road building integrated into the car
Did they make a similar commitment for Sensus Upgrade Version of which we speak? I seem to recall someone on here (in another thread?)stating that the next such map upgrade was scheduled for 2018 which is not inspiring.
Old Jun 29th, 2017, 19:03   #290
TverD

Hello guys, I'm new on this forum and with volvo too. But thanks for this thread I make my volvo v60 navi update today in my local dealer. Of course before update I got a guaranty from him to change IAM if something wrong. Now I have a 1230 software and new maps. Dealer say what they get a new programme just last month.
Sorry for my English, it's not my main language

Last edited by TverD; Jun 29th, 2017 at 19:06.
TverD is offline   Reply With Quote