Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Original Sensus Maps update

Views : 84031

Replies : 408

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 18th, 2019, 20:54   #401
steadvex
Master Member

I find I use it mostly with nav, have it set to pause to stop instructions on the bits I know.

If it's already set I believe you can Chang eits function in my car settings, although been a while since I played around with it so might be a little wrong...
steadvex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2019, 13:19   #402
george57l
George

Steadvex - you were right (ish)

The FAV key (with an asterisk - bottom left) has a number of things the FAV key can be assigned to, one of which is iPod random. So I have access to that function now. If yours is
set to random - give it a long press and it will reveal a short list of other things this key could be assigned to when in iPod mode specifically (I assume - because when I then select random or equalizer it says something like 'iPod FAV assigned to...")

But previously there was an iPod menu with options that included random but also repeat, and others. Still have not found it. Will have another play later.
george57l is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to george57l For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 22nd, 2019, 10:30   #403
Yom

Default Anyone in ireland update sensus

Hi
I have a 2011 S60 R design and Sat Nav needs updating, I have contacted 3 dealers asking for Sensus upgrade so I can update by USB and so far have no reply, has anyone had this upgrade in Ireland ?
the Best Volvo dealer around closed years ago and since I have had nothing but issue with Volvo parts / service ( driving S70 since 2002 )
tks
Yom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2019, 18:30   #404
george57l
George

Default Update on the map update experience...

Quote:
Originally Posted by george57l View Post
...off to find the links for downloading new maps, and adding some MyPOIs now the thing has been updated at last....
Just to update on my experience, with an interesting observation... having had the Sensus software updated and found a 32gb USB stick and downloaded the latest maps to it....

When I put the USB stick in the car it told me the new map was detected and it would take 3hrs and 5 mins to upload. In fact, over several short journeys (some very short) I reckon the ignition was on for perhaps only a little over an hour, maybe less (and certainly less than an hour and a half at the very most) by the time it had finished. Progress monitoring was a little 'jerky' as others have noted, but more than once when I started the engine the remaining time was less than it had been when I last turned it off. And it never seemed to decrease in units of less than 10 mins.

But my key point is that, not having a 32bg stick around, I went and bought a Sandisk and paid a few quid extra to get the fastest one I could (Flair, rather than the slightly cheaper Cruzer). I wonder if the initial remaining time calc was based on some 'assumption' as to upload speeds (perhaps at the time the system programming was written, when memory sticks were much slower) and that my having one with very fast transfer speeds (claimed to be upt to 150mb/s) did in fact make the difference that meant it thankfully took between a half and third of the initially estimated time.

This may be worth noting if you have not yet done this and are put off by the long update times quoted. It can be much quicker than stated and perhaps it is plausible (??) that a faster USB stick will help. I wonder whether it would have been very much slower if I'd bought the cheapest unbranded one - so cheap they were 2 for £10 and had no transfer speed quoted.

Anyway, all updated, and at last I've got the Satnav system just like I was used to on the previous car, and a fully updated map, plus all the POIs are now added, too (inc. pocketgpsworld speedcams). The only one I cannot find a POI file for is RHS gardens. I swear I used to have it but cannot find it again. Hey-ho.

Over and out.
george57l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2020, 00:11   #405
Bigchewie

Sorry to dig up an old (but big thread) just read this 41 pages through along with other simialr threads, just picked up a 63 plate (2014) v60 and it badly needs new maps, I do not have the 'globe' button its has the camera button there, I have software version OC72 and maps V 30.13.02, would i be correct in thinking i defo need the software update from dealer? or do i just try and update?

Thanks in advance
Bigchewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2020, 07:11   #406
Whyman
Premier Member

Yes you will need the firmware updating on the car first. About £90 ish at a dealer then you need to download the updated maps using a usb stick. The latest version available was published in 2018.

There is currently one more updated outstanding, which is now overdue, and that will be it from Volvo.
Old Oct 20th, 2020, 11:26   #407
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigchewie View Post
Sorry to dig up an old (but big thread) just read this 41 pages through along with other simialr threads, just picked up a 63 plate (2014) v60 and it badly needs new maps, I do not have the 'globe' button its has the camera button there, I have software version OC72 and maps V 30.13.02, would i be correct in thinking i defo need the software update from dealer? or do i just try and update?

Thanks in advance
https://www.volvocars.com/uk/support...ads/maps/iam21
Old Oct 20th, 2020, 22:16   #408
Bigchewie

Cheers guys as i suspected, had downloaded the maps last night and was awaiting a 32gb stick from amazon today, may be a while before i get to the delaers.
Bigchewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2020, 20:58   #409
marcustandy

Bought a 2013 XC70 SE Lux D5 a few days ago. Tried the navigation update via USB, got the usual screen message wanting a code so a bit of research brought me here. I don't have the globe button, BTW.

41 pages of reading later and I called Bells Volvo of Northampton for the software update. A very nice person told me that depending on how many updates were required, the price would be either 'free' or £29. I called on Saturday morning and was booked in for 08:00 on Monday morning! I was also told that it might take 30 mins or possibly 3 hours.

In the end it was a 3hr job and it cost me £25 (not £29?). I probably cost the dealer more in complimentary coffee and posh biscuits!

So, before the update I had 'Software version: 0C72' and 'Map version: V 30.14.02'. Bluetooth was 5.00.17U.

Following the update, I now have 'Software version: 1210' and 'Map version: V 30.18.03'. Bluetooth is now 5.00.90C.

I'll be honest, I find the navigation very lacking in information compared to any of the free smartphone apps, even though it's updated. A 3 mile journey into town had 3 separate speed limits that were incorrect, I couldn't set a journey to the big Tesco or to the BP garage (I know where they are, this was just my test/trail of the updated system).

What has also come to light is that I can no longer connect to my iPhone, neither as a phone or as a media source, both of which worked fine prior to the update.

I've tried the factory reset option in the menus but nothing changes (even though it says it has); old phones from before I owned the car are still showing, all settings are exactly as I set them up prior to the update. There are no 'delete phone' options anywhere in the menus as an online search tells me there should be.

I'm assuming that I need to go back to the dealer as one or more of the 'modules' needs further updates or something? I'm actually in a worst position than before the update now.

Any thoughts/comments will be most appreciated.

Last edited by marcustandy; Nov 17th, 2020 at 23:52.
marcustandy is offline   Reply With Quote