Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Events and Meetings
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Events and Meetings Car events and meetings for Volvo cars can be listed and discussed here.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Non-Forum Events

Views : 3806

Replies : 45

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 13th, 2006, 21:20   #11
IC
S60R/V70R

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_N View Post
can we still discuss turbobricks events?
There's no problem talking about Turbobricks' events, I just ask that if anyone from Turbobricks wants to advertise an event they ask before posting the details. I'm a member of Turbobricks myself!

VOC Speed Challenge Champion 2007/08/Joint Winner 2009
Motor Sport Challenge Winner 2008/Joint Winner 2009

<font size=2><font color=RoyalBlue>
</font></font>

IC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13th, 2006, 21:28   #12
IC
S60R/V70R

Quote:
Originally Posted by pault5 View Post
Hello Iain,
Am I being a bit thick here.
Can I ask why?

Paul
Hi Paul, yes you can ask why. There needs to be some degree of moderation when it comes to outside forums posting details of events. We have never had this before, however there is a need for it now. If an individual/organisation wants to use the huge popularity of our forum to advertise an event surely it is not unreasonable for them to ask first?

</font></font>

Last edited by IC; Oct 13th, 2006 at 21:30.
Old Oct 13th, 2006, 22:05   #13
MissDMeanor
Corruption rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by IC View Post
Hi Paul, yes you can ask why. There needs to be some degree of moderation when it comes to outside forums posting details of events. We have never had this before, however there is a need for it now. If an individual/organisation wants to use the huge popularity of our forum to advertise an event surely it is not unreasonable for them to ask first?
Why does this need moderation now? What has happened? Who has used the popularity of the VOC - and does it really matter?

We all like Volvos - can we not all get on?
Old Oct 13th, 2006, 22:51   #14
arbee
Yellow member

I hold my hands up - I think this must've been brought on by an earlier post I made (tho this thread didnt exist at the time)

I am also a little confused as I thought we were trying to widen the volvo gene pool so to speak?

Just a thought tho IC, if I have asked you beforehand (if I'd known it was protocol) would the answer have been 'yes'? and if not why not?

I'm not trying to be funny etc, i genuinely dont understand why it would be the case. I'm just trying to spread the ovlov.... lol
Old Oct 13th, 2006, 22:52   #15
IC
S60R/V70R

Hi, I PMd you before I read this!

</font></font>

Old Oct 13th, 2006, 22:56   #16
arbee
Yellow member

lol - I typed it before I read the pm!
Old Oct 13th, 2006, 22:57   #17
AndrewC

As a member of VOC (forum and paid membership) and a member of another forum and as the organiser of the meet that arbee promoted that then got deleted I'd like to understand too IC....

The meet in question is for any Volvo owner to attend no matter what forums they happen to use... or is it now us and them and if it is and I'm a member of both (or more), and a paid member at that, where do I stand ?

Andrew.
Old Oct 13th, 2006, 23:10   #18
IC
S60R/V70R

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewC View Post
As a member of VOC (forum and paid membership) and a member of another forum and as the organiser of the meet that arbee promoted that then got deleted I'd like to understand too IC....

The meet in question is for any Volvo owner to attend no matter what forums they happen to use... or is it now us and them and if it is and I'm a member of both (or more), and a paid member at that, where do I stand ?

Andrew.
Andrew, I PMd arbee about the post informing him that I saved the post and that I would get back to him. Secondly, the issue is simply about people asking about posting information on meets first before posting, that is perfectly reasonable The issue is not about creating a divide! If you read arbees post you'll see that he typed the reply before reading my PM and I did the same!

</font></font>

Old Oct 13th, 2006, 23:19   #19
AndrewC

But Ian - this is not an "official" other forum meet (do such things exist) this is a meet I organised and just happen to be collecting a list of names on the forum I use most of the time. It's not restricted only to that forums members so I don't understand your logic. I'm a member on every volvo forum because I believe in bollox to the politics it's about the people and the cars and every one of my meets is open to everyone and trust me no one restricts them.

I think what you are doing in this particular case is restricting things which supprises me cos we've chatted in person and I see you as a very intelligent guy hence this whole thing has confused me.

I wonder then if I wasn't a VOC member would I be welcomed at your monthly meets?

*scratches head*

Hey your the mod - if you want to implement this rule it's up to you. I personally just think it's going to work against the community and your members.

I've had my say - I won't say any more but this isn't very welcoming behaviour from a leader in the Volvo community such as yourself. I hope there's some good reason behind it somewhere.

Goodbye and goodnight...

Andrew.
Old Oct 13th, 2006, 23:21   #20
MissDMeanor
Corruption rules

Hi AndrewC & Arbee

So, what's going on here if you don't mind me asking. From what I can gather, you posted up about a meet inviting VOC forum members and it was deleted???