Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

700/900 Series General Forum for the Volvo 740, 760, 780, 940, 960 & S/V90 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

ULEZ (London)

Views : 2824

Replies : 43

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 20th, 2019, 10:37   #41
DaveMitch

Point me in the direction of a decent V8 & Ill consider that option
Recall when looking for the current car the v8 was a rare beast indeed
DaveMitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DaveMitch For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 20th, 2019, 10:57   #42
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMitch View Post
Point me in the direction of a decent V8 & Ill consider that option
Recall when looking for the current car the v8 was a rare beast indeed
They are definitely rare animals, seem to recall seeing a gold one on ebay in Romford (or Ilford, i mix those two up) recently but i daresay you could do the same with any petrol S80.

My mistake, it was Ongar, not far from the other two though!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2007-Volv...r/183470856529

With the V8s only made for a couple of years (about 2005-7 i think it was, might be wrong) and your present car being newer, with the cost of the car and the LPG conversion, you may even come out on top of the deal and when you do come to sell it, make a few quid into the bargain!

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2019, 11:22   #43
DaveMitch

Im amazed that there isnt relatively cheap retrofit available as I'm sure a lot of punters would be buying...
Think a few other cities are about to bring in their LEZ so definitely not just a London issue in the future
DaveMitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DaveMitch For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 20th, 2019, 12:02   #44
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMitch View Post
Im amazed that there isnt relatively cheap retrofit available as I'm sure a lot of punters would be buying...
Think a few other cities are about to bring in their LEZ so definitely not just a London issue in the future
Relatively cheap compared to what?

You can buy secondhand kits on ebay and fit them yourself but to get the benefit of not having to pay the ULEZ fee, you'll need it inspected, certified and enrolled on the database by an LPG installer. Charges vary from £100 to £500 but are usually around £150.
Kits can be bought secondhand from about £80, usually including the tank, ECU, loom, reducer and injectors. Expect to pay more elsewhere for new copper tubing, a filler and various other miscellaneous items needed to complete. All in, usually a secondhand kit will nudge about £300 once you've fitted everything in place.

Alternatively, you can pick up a new complete kit for £600 ish, depending on the car it's going into. Cars with bigger engines/more cylinders could easily cost more. Again if you fit it yourself, you'll have the inspection etc fee.

Having it converted by an LPG installer adds a fair whack on top of the cost of the kit in labour charges. However, many places will give you a price to do the whole job and that includes the inspection etc fee.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote