Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Driver Heated seat

Views : 876

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 19th, 2004, 20:02   #1
refer man

Hi to all,
Some time ago, maybe two years, I made a repair to one of the seats. The heater wire had broken. I made the repairs and all was well. I found this info somewhere on the internet. Cannot find in again. But I guess it was a common occurance. It must have been the passenger side. I am tring to repair the driver's side. I can not even see where the wire connects. It is the red wire that is broken.
1995 850 4 dr sedan turbo 215,000. I seem to remember that it was a female spade clip and the wire had pulled out. I simply replaced the electrical clip. Maybe I should check the passenger side...
Thanks for any help. A picture would be of help.
Ron
Old Dec 20th, 2004, 14:43   #2
cootuk
Premier Member

Default RE: Driver Heated seat

Is yours part of the recall for heated seats?...
http://www.volvoclub.org.uk/pdf/VCC_...eatedSeats.pdf

You might be able to persuade the dealer/Volvo UK to do the repair anyway if the loom is broken....
cootuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20th, 2004, 15:10   #3
mraldonnelly

Hi Ron,

There should be two wires (obviously). If you've determined that the red wire is the broken one then I assume you can get to that wire. If that's the case can you not just trace the other wire to the connection under the seat? If so, the red wire connects in the same place, on the spade next to the one already connected.

If the above isn't possible then just try feeling about under the seat. There's a hole in the foam towards the back of the seat base, on the door side of the seat (not right over to the side but nearer the door than the centre console.

Sorry I'm not making much sense but I can't think of any other way to describe it. Just feel around - you'll find it.

Regards

Andy
Old Dec 20th, 2004, 20:54   #4
sholtby
Premier Member

The seats aren't that difficult to remove. Just 4 bolts and one for the seatbelt if I remember correctly. This may allow you to see things more clearly.

Simon
sholtby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21st, 2004, 16:58   #5
DieselDoNicely
Premier Member

I believe there is a recall notice on 850 heated front seat looms, check your dealer.

DDN
DieselDoNicely is offline   Reply With Quote