Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 Rear seat split

Views : 2895

Replies : 19

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 27th, 2019, 05:59   #11
Quacker
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobQuads View Post
Price wise I agree, specially as we are looking second hand. At the moment IMO the xc90 is a much better value but its just a bit bigger than we were looking for (my brother has one). I do keep flipping around as it does have the 3rd row which we currently have in our SMax but we only use that so occasionally that we decided to not have it as a requirement
The difference in size is neither here nor there when driving it. I alternate between the rather larger Ford Ranger, the XC90, a Honda CR-V and a Nissan Qashqai and for driving, there is nothing between them. For parking, yes, the Qashqai is notably easier than the particularly long Ranger but it really is a matter of degrees between Honda and Volvo. Just make sure that the XC90 has all-round cameras for the most precise and easy parking possible.
Old Jan 27th, 2019, 09:47   #12
Chief inspector
Master Member

Probably dropped it as I dont think I ever used that split in my XC60, maybe most users were the same. Indeed the 60 or the 40, or it all.
Old Jan 27th, 2019, 12:10   #13
HDAV
Master Member

V90 CC then you can have the roof box and still fit in underground car parks..... these don’t have 40/20/40 either

If looking used and it that important why not the older shape XC60?
HDAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2019, 14:57   #14
RobQuads

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDAV View Post
V90 CC then you can have the roof box and still fit in underground car parks..... these don’t have 40/20/40 either

If looking used and it that important why not the older shape XC60?
If I were to not go the SUV route I would probably end up with an S4 or A4 Avant.

I normally keep my cars for 4/5 year and IMO the old XC60 looks massively dated inside and out and is also missing all of the modern tech that if I buy I new car I want. Otherwise I'm not getting anything over keeping the existing SMax.
RobQuads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2019, 08:49   #15
jonnyu

Quote:
While I agree we could put the board in on its own diagonally (I've got a 162, wifes on a 151) once they are in bags (166) with all our stuff there is no way it fits. Especially if we went abroad with it. Yes we could do a roof rack but I would hope not to have to do that because then many of the underground carparks you can't fit in and have to find a spot in the outside ones - which is always a risk to find capacity.
A 162 will not fit as I described.
My 159 fits really on the edge.
The XC60 has a small boot.
Old Jul 15th, 2019, 23:41   #16
rnick

Hello
Any news of a volvo with 40/20/40 rear seat? Called in at my local dealer who said "no" and I should just stick stuff on the roof or buy an xc90, actually very dismissive.
Seems bonkers as they must be losing sales to BMW and Mercedes. We've a 5 series and xc70 for this reason, you can even get this on a 3 series.
rnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2019, 08:38   #17
RobQuads

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnick View Post
Hello
Any news of a volvo with 40/20/40 rear seat? Called in at my local dealer who said "no" and I should just stick stuff on the roof or buy an xc90, actually very dismissive.
Seems bonkers as they must be losing sales to BMW and Mercedes. We've a 5 series and xc70 for this reason, you can even get this on a 3 series.
I got similar replies. I'm sure its costing them sales, it cost them mine.
Old Jul 16th, 2019, 11:21   #18
James77

Quote:
While I agree we could put the board in on its own diagonally (I've got a 162, wifes on a 151) once they are in bags (166) with all our stuff there is no way it fits. Especially if we went abroad with it. Yes we could do a roof rack but I would hope not to have to do that because then many of the underground carparks you can't fit in and have to find a spot in the outside ones - which is always a risk to find capacity.

The snowboard was just one example. Couple weekends ago we picked up a desk without even thinking about it and then when putting it in the car realised we couldn't have done that without having to move one of the car seats to the front, someone sit in the back on the 60 along side an existing car seat. (and thats then without isofix on the front seat too which IMO is not good)
If you put a board diaginally it'll be over a child head. Additionally if 1 end rests on the boot floor you'll seriously reduce load space. I need to see a picture of this I can't visualise how it would work.
Old Jul 17th, 2019, 15:38   #19
RobQuads

Quote:
Originally Posted by James77 View Post
If you put a board diaginally it'll be over a child head. Additionally if 1 end rests on the boot floor you'll seriously reduce load space. I need to see a picture of this I can't visualise how it would work.
The board would probably just about fit diagonally without having to go above the seats but as you say you would then be massively limiting your boot space and the space would not fit any luggage thus why its not a viable solution
Old Jul 24th, 2019, 11:02   #20
rnick

Volvo UK replied quickly.

"Were very sorry but we have no plans to change how our rear seats fold. To continue we also have no plans for 40/20/40 configurator.
However with your permission I would like to forward your opinion to our team in Sweden for future consideration."

Given they've aped and surpassed BMW MB in stylish estates and SUV - a shame they missed out on a feature which is actually a deal breaker to some of us.
rnick is offline   Reply With Quote