Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Anti skid service required c30

Views : 24784

Replies : 30

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 18th, 2013, 17:55   #21
Sprout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprout View Post
I turned off the dstc it when I went up a hill it seemed to lose power, quite interesting!
I'm going away the weekend for a night so I will try it again the m/way.
the pipe with the clips on is broken by the clips which is 111 +vat so purchased some hose tape as its a bit of a cost to replace if im not sure its the problem.

on another note i opened the bonnet just and there is a loud ticking noise which i should say is the injectors!

would this cause the limp mode as putting pressure on the car going up hill?

thanks
Sprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 19:52   #22
SonyVaio
VOC Member

Have you had a good look, feel, flex of all the pipes? Once you put the tape on has it made any difference? Might beworth sourcing that part you need from a scrappy or similar.

The injectors ticking is absolutely normal, unless you think it is a completely un-normal noise? In which case if you record it (phone) and drop it on youtube we could all look and listen for you.

Your limp problem I'm pretty sure is down to a split somewhere in your pipework. The symptoms are spot on for that problem.

SonyVaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 07:56   #23
Sprout

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonyVaio View Post
Have you had a good look, feel, flex of all the pipes? Once you put the tape on has it made any difference? Might beworth sourcing that part you need from a scrappy or similar.

The injectors ticking is absolutely normal, unless you think it is a completely un-normal noise? In which case if you record it (phone) and drop it on youtube we could all look and listen for you.

Your limp problem I'm pretty sure is down to a split somewhere in your pipework. The symptoms are spot on for that problem.

Me and dad have had a look there is a split pipe on the £134 one but it looks like the jubilee clip is holding it tight, not tested the tape part on a motorway yet.

The tapping noise is quite loud I will try and record it tonight so you can have a listen! I might get them done as its quite loud.

The man at the garage said about the turbo as its not for my car, ain't sure if he means genuine one as its a refurb, if that could cause it?

Also volvo charge £57 for a diagnostic check which ain't too bad.
The plan is now to get the injectors fixed after you had a listen, take it to the garage see what he says then to volvo for there diagnostic check.

Sorry for going on thanks for the advice
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 11:46   #24
SonyVaio
VOC Member

I'm sure I said already but it is amazing just how small any rip, tear or hole has to be to cause major problems.

The pipe you know of you can try tape it up but even then tape might only hold for a very short time. It is a fair old pressure that goes through these pipes.

What turbo have you got if it is not the right one??

SonyVaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 12:54   #25
Sprout

The tape is quite strong and the bloke said its quite good for hoses, but we will see!

The turbo I ain't sure about I will have to investigate it, I just thought that it was the same till the bloke said about it that he checked the part numbers and they don't match.

You have to believe what the garage puts on the car is correct till you find out different! I will try and get the hose from a scrap yard and change that sometime just eliminate the problems.
Old Apr 25th, 2015, 10:05   #26
ymc30

how lovely that he has not came back with the solution...

C30 SE Lux 2.0D / V70 D4 SE Lux / Miata NCFL 2.0 Sport Tec
Sold: C70 T5 / several C30s in different flavours / V50 D4 Geartronic
ymc30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2015, 10:43   #27
Sprout

Sometimes we have busy lives and need to be reminded about it
The turbo was faulty, I took it to a place and had it tested and they said the turbo was faulty, the garage that put the turbo on had trouble with the supplier not admitting it was the turbo after 3 months of phobe calls the garage had put a new turbo on and the car has been fine since.

Sorry for the delay.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sprout For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 16th, 2019, 19:58   #28
Robertf

Default Anti skid

I have same problem with anti skid service required and puts the car into limp mode which is frustrating when I first start the car it's not on and if I drive it fast and hard it doesn't come on but if I drive slow or sit idle the it comes on and puts the car into limp mode when in limp mode and I rev car hard just at the front of engine I get a puff of smoke on deceleration could that be the issue as I seen you talking about burst hoses ?
Robertf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2019, 20:51   #29
Sprout

This brings back memories. I sold the car ages ago.
As stated above mine was the turbo, I also had the dpf removed which sorted out all the problems.
I think I replaced the hose and it didn’t make any difference.
I took it to a place in Yorkshire who helped me out loads.
Shark performance in Mansfield a man named Ben helped me, I think they have changed names now.
Old Jul 16th, 2019, 21:30   #30
Robertf

Thanks the egr valve is getting done on Friday and just had the tracking redone as that was scrubbing the inside of the tyres thought with tracking out that much it would maybe fix problem but came back on again when a sat idle but when a drive it hard it doesn't come on crazy but thanks mate
Robertf is offline   Reply With Quote