Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Spotify update won’t install

Views : 9416

Replies : 117

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 16th, 2019, 23:42   #71
anotherv60
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by weemark View Post
If it was the app I dont understand how it works for some and not others ..... unless there are multiple versions of the sensus build across models and/or MY models and Volvo haven't done the proper compatibility test .... perish the thought!!
Having just changed vehicles from a MY2018 to MY2020, the sensus system has had a massive upgrade in terms of processing power and speed, it appears to be 10x faster. Voice control is also significantly quicker so you might well be correct. The drivers display right hand buttons are instantaneous now, where there was a lag previously between presses and the pop up window displaying and delays in scrolling left.
The Following User Says Thank You to anotherv60 For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 17th, 2019, 00:34   #72
weemark

Thanks - confirms what suspected - with different hardware, inevitable over the timeframes we're talking about, Volvo will need to test the integration of any new app with a wide range of hardware/software builds. Doesn't really explain though if, as is suspected, theyve rolled back to an earlier 'known state and working' version why there are so many ongoing problems
Old Jul 17th, 2019, 11:10   #73
familymangreg
Premier Member

For what it is worth, my Spotify updated about a week ago now and I was expecting the worst, but no issues. There was a journey shortly after the update where it was showing the blue spinner for a good minute before it started up, but I think i was in a mobile data black spot, so don't think this was related to any issue.

When I setup my Spotify account years ago, I used my facebook login (wish I hadn't), so in order to login in my Volvo, I had to login to Spotify on the web and generate a device username and password, but this has always worked fine since.

For those struggling with the update, it might be worth logging into your Spotify account in a web browser, clicking your profile at the top right, and selecting account. Then, in the left hand main menu you should have an option to 'set device password'. Maybe try doing this and using the provided userid and password to login in the Volvo.

:wq
The Following User Says Thank You to familymangreg For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 17th, 2019, 11:14   #74
weemark

Just got this from Volvo UK this morning on Twitter

"We apologise for the inconvenience Mark. The app should now be fixed as the issue is now resolved. Please do let us know if you have any further issues"

Mine most certainly is not fixed so I'll continue chasing
Old Jul 17th, 2019, 20:48   #75
DangerMUK
VOC Member

I've got the Spotify update installed but the music buffers a lot now whereas it never used to.

Also when you skip a few tracks in a row in a playlist it locks up and will pause and just sit there until you prompt it again.

Guessing the update is a bit funny, still "works" though.

Possibly XC90
DangerMUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19th, 2019, 09:23   #76
weemark

Still struggling with this - lost count of the number of times I've deleted, downloaded, reinstalled and paired Spotify using the provided code - nothing works and I'm left looking at the spinning blue circle of bugger all for up to 40 minutes. Volvo Customer Relations response below - not altogether sure what 'generally working' means, so off to pester the dealer today, tho given they have no role in the management of Spotify etc I'm at a loss to understand what they can do

"We have been informed that this has been resolved and as far as we are aware, it should be generally working for all cars.

If you are still experiencing issues with it, I would kindly recommend to contact your local/preferred Volvo retailer, who will be able to help further."
Old Jul 19th, 2019, 09:27   #77
taylora

I suspect a re-flash of Sensus FW will clear the cache and get it working.

Switching user account seemed to do that for me but if you don't have another account you could try then re-flash might be the only way to resolve.

Les us know what the dealer says, I am still getting messages to say I have software updates but none showing in download manager. I suspect the cache is still reporting the old version of Spotify.
Old Jul 19th, 2019, 09:31   #78
weemark

Will do but don't expect too much!!
Old Jul 19th, 2019, 12:27   #79
uro1

Did you try a Hard restart of the system by disconnecting the battery in the boot?
The system does not totally turn off when you turn of the car. Some components just go to suspend/sleep mode. If one of those are hung up, it´s possible that Apps wont work. I had that with TuneIn not connecting. After disconnecting the battery for 2min. everything worked like intended.
Old Jul 19th, 2019, 12:43   #80
weemark

Nope I didn't - now at my 'local' dealer (75 mins journey I could do without), sitting waiting for a tech to become free.