Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General

Notices

S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General Forum for the P3-platform S80 and 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo V70 D4-information

Views : 1447

Replies : 29

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 26th, 2019, 14:09   #1
constantin sorin

Default Volvo V70 D4-information

Hello ! I am new to this forum and I want to buy a volvo v70 2.0d. I found a car, I like it very much, but unfortunately I have no need to check its history and not even the options of the car, the level of equipment, although I have the chassis series, so I pray to those in this big community if I I can help with what I asked. The car is equipped with the D5204T3 engine and has the chassis series yv1bw88a101268417. Thank you
constantin sorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2019, 16:32   #2
tommyweaves
Premier Member

Can you not just go and look at it?
tommyweaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2019, 17:12   #3
Sotosound
Premier Member

The V70 D4 with the new 4-cylinder engine is an excellent car.

What is the trim level?

Is it SE, SE Lux or.....?

This will provide some information.

If the car is being advertised but there is no information being provided, then this is slightly worrying.

It would be good to look at the car but I do wonder why so little information is being provided.
Sotosound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2019, 17:26   #4
Zebster
Upstanding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotosound View Post
The V70 D4 with the new 4-cylinder engine is an excellent car...
This is an older 5-cylinder example, probably a P2?

It's certainly confusing why the seller can't provide the required information though!
Old Jun 26th, 2019, 20:09   #5
tommyweaves
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebster View Post
This is an older 5-cylinder example, probably a P2?

It's certainly confusing why the seller can't provide the required information though!
I think it would have to be a P3 as he says "D4". But then he also says 2.0D, but that would also make it a P3! I'm also confused by the OP! How can he have the engine type, and the VIN but not know anything else?!

(But I shan't say anything about new members posting once, then disappearing without responding to anyone's replies!)

Last edited by tommyweaves; Jun 26th, 2019 at 20:11.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tommyweaves For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 26th, 2019, 20:25   #6
constantin sorin

Hello. I can not go see it, it's a long distance from me. I talked to the seller and from him I have the chassis series and the engine time. The engine is D3 but resoft at 163cp and became D4, cylinder capacity 1984 with 5 cylinders. - D3 136 CP: D5204T7 // 5 pistons // 1984 cmc // Bore: 81 mm // Stroke: 77 mm // 350 Nm

- D4 163 CP: D5204T3 // 5 pistons // 1984 cmc // Bore: 81 mm // Stroke: 77 mm // 400 Nm - this is the former D3 2011.
The seller is a dealer who buys cars in Germany and sells them to Romania, usually they do not really give details about what they are selling. I'm not the kind of guy to leave after posting. Unfortunately I posted on a volvo forum in Romania for two days but no one tired of answering, so here I see you are a real volvo community, congratulations!
The Following User Says Thank You to constantin sorin For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 26th, 2019, 20:34   #7
tommyweaves
Premier Member

Ok, nice to see you're still here!

It's a great engine, but the correct oil specification and change intervals is important. So I'd ask for service history as a minimum.

Do you know what country it was originally produced for, and what model year it is? The seller should be able to tell you the spec, ES, SE, SE lux etc. With that information you can find what the standard spec was for the car.

To be honest, I'd never buy a car I'd never seen or driven.
The Following User Says Thank You to tommyweaves For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 26th, 2019, 20:41   #8
constantin sorin

It is 02.2013 manufacture, I do not know where it is produced but it's from Germany, the description is volvo v70 Rdesign, something else I do not know. I do not buy it without testing it, but first I wanted to find out more information about the chassis series.
This is the car:
https://www.autovit.ro/anunt/volvo-v..._E0SY9OOromp0Y
Old Jun 26th, 2019, 21:20   #9
constantin sorin

What should I be careful when I see the car, what I see in the photo appears on the board the information sign, that yellow "O" with a line in it between the two dials; what can this sign mean? I'm afraid it's been damaged and then repaired ...

Last edited by constantin sorin; Jun 26th, 2019 at 22:25. Reason: To complete the comment.
Old Jun 26th, 2019, 23:35   #10
37 RUBY
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyweaves View Post
(But I shan't say anything about new members posting once, then disappearing without responding to anyone's replies!)
...except you just did.

At least constantin wasn't scared off by you unlike the last poor soul
37 RUBY is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 37 RUBY For This Useful Post: