Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General Forum for the P3-platform S80 and 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Issue With Heated Washer Jets

Views : 614

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 6th, 2023, 11:26   #1
V70 Wales

Default Issue With Heated Washer Jets

Hi folks -

I am trying to fix an issue with the washer jets on my 2009 V70 and would appreciate some advice.

The jets are just dribbling washer fluid and I suspect they're blocked. When I disconnect them from the system, plenty of fluid comes out of the pipe just fine and the rear washer is also working perfectly. I have also changed the T and L valves which has had no effect.

The jets are currently sat in vinegar to try and clear them, but having blown through them a few times now, they still seem to be blocked.

My questions: have I missed anything? If I replace them, the heated jets don't seem to be as easy to get hold of. Can I just replace with non-heated jets and tape up the subsequently disused wiring?

Many thanks for any advice.
V70 Wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9th, 2023, 14:14   #2
Tatsfield
Premier Member

If you have used cheap generic washer additive or worse, washing-up liquid, the blockage can be detergent based not limescale, so vinegar will not remove it. Vinegar isn't that effective anyway. Better to use a proprietary descaling fluid if the problem is scale or alcohol if it is detergent gunk. You could try using a fine stiff wire as a "pull through" to move softer obstructions. Once cleared, stick with Volvo's own fluid as this never causes blockages.
Old Aug 20th, 2023, 10:30   #3
Skyedriver
Master Member

Can I join this thread please?
Can't believe I'm stuck with a screen wash problem having fixed cars for 50 years but:
Plenty squirt from the passenger side but very little getting through the T. It's not the pipe to the driver side as that's clear. Was going to cut the feed to the working one and fit another T to feed the other side but it's a rigid pipe not a soft wall one.
So what actually comes apart, do I just pull the whole fitting out from the bonnet?
Skyedriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2023, 00:30   #4
RogerTo

May not be an issue with the jets, but further back. I had the same symptoms caused by low pressure, which was due to slime in the washer bottle. ended up removing the bottle to clean out, and ensure the wee rubber filters to the pumps remained clear.

and yes, removing the bottle is a bumper half off job...
Old Sep 1st, 2023, 12:15   #5
John XJR6

Hi Everyone, I have just bought a 2009 V70 (D5 205ps LUX SE auto) and it looks to have had the washer jets replaced with non heated items and the wiring connecters taped up!
Is this a common issue with these cars, and do we know a good place, or breakers where I could get the heated replacements given that it could be a nice feature in winter?
Thanks, John
John XJR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2023, 14:13   #6
NAD

Deleted.
I reread your post and realised you’ve already changed the t—valve that I was going to recommend you changed.

Last edited by NAD; Sep 2nd, 2023 at 14:16.
NAD is offline   Reply With Quote