Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Xc90 my2019

Views : 6607

Replies : 37

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 27th, 2018, 10:13   #21
Lexman8
Premier Member

See post #47 here: https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showt...=278247&page=3
The Following User Says Thank You to Lexman8 For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 27th, 2018, 13:22   #22
Quacker
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukden View Post
The manual (XC60) states:

"The car should be driven on A-roads at
speeds in excess of 60 km/h (38 mph) for at
least 20 minutes between each refuel."

A long motorway run once a month should more than cover that requirement.

I would go with the diesel option.
Any 20 mile A road journey should do it. Once a month is being optimistic though, because a regen is only initiated when the system feels like it should, not necessarily on that once a month run. It may decide it needs regenerating two days after the run and a month less two days before the next run.

No, if mainly town driving or for short journeys, petrol engines are far more suitable and potentially less bother and cost in the long term, as well as being cheaper to buy in the first place.

Mind you, there are some great incentives available with some brands to buy Diesel engines at the moment. There's up to £5k extra discount incentive on Honda C-RV for instance.
Old Feb 27th, 2018, 20:09   #23
AB-UK
Premier Member

I've just received an offer of £7K off a new XC90 from my dealer.
AB-UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27th, 2018, 21:27   #24
Billfolder

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB-UK View Post
I've just received an offer of £7K off a new XC90 from my dealer.
That's similar to what I have been offered on a MY18.5 D5 momentum with all packs. Was your offer on an MY19?
Billfolder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27th, 2018, 21:50   #25
simonjedrake
Premier Member

DTD are currently offering 11.3% discounts that has to be your target negotiating point........
Old Feb 27th, 2018, 22:39   #26
AB-UK
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billfolder View Post
That's similar to what I have been offered on a MY18.5 D5 momentum with all packs. Was your offer on an MY19?
Doesn't actually say. Just £7,014 off the latest new Volvo XC90 R Design Powerpulse D5.
That's probably around a 12% discount isn't it?
AB-UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28th, 2018, 13:06   #27
lalith16

The best I got is 12.5% on both MY18.5 and MY19 of XC60. Does any one know a dealership who can beat 12.5% on XC60. Thanks in adavance.
lalith16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28th, 2018, 13:13   #28
MtillingVolvo
Sales Monkey @Volvo Npton

12.5% is very high on a vehicle which is selling well anyway...but there may be dealers around that will match/beat it.

Kind Regards

Marc

Main Dealer Based in Northampton
mtilling@bellsmotorgroup.co.uk

Last edited by MtillingVolvo; Feb 28th, 2018 at 14:35.
MtillingVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MtillingVolvo For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 28th, 2018, 15:07   #29
Deman77
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjedrake View Post
DTD are currently offering 11.3% discounts that has to be your target negotiating point........
That should be your minimum. 14-15% is reasonable target.
Volvo had an offer for existing Volvo customers for xc90 registered before 31mar that would knock an extra 3.6k off the price on top of anything dealer gave you. They had it once they would have it again.
I confirmed with my best price guy that it would be combined. if I went ahead my total would have been 19.7% off with a build slot intime to make the Volvo offer. Obviously that was just before model year refresh but the point is you can do better than 1yo used asking prices if you are willing to wait and Shop around.
The Following User Says Thank You to Deman77 For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 28th, 2018, 15:12   #30
MtillingVolvo
Sales Monkey @Volvo Npton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deman77 View Post
That should be your minimum. 14-15% is reasonable target.
Volvo had an offer for existing Volvo customers for xc90 registered before 31mar that would knock an extra 3.6k off the price on top of anything dealer gave you. They had it once they would have it again.
I confirmed with my best price guy that it would be combined. if I went ahead my total would have been 19.7% off with a build slot intime to make the Volvo offer. Obviously that was just before model year refresh but the point is you can do better than 1yo used asking prices if you are willing to wait and Shop around.
The £3600 loyalty discount deal is only for existing Volvo owners and is for all vehicles ordered by the end of March and registered by the end of June (its been extended as you did have to register them by the end of March initially)

lalith16 doesn't drive a Volvo at present from what I know (unless he has another car?) so won't be able to benefit from this.

Kind Regards

MArc

Main Dealer Based in Northampton
mtilling@bellsmotorgroup.co.uk
MtillingVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MtillingVolvo For This Useful Post: