Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General > PV, 120, 1800 Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Breaking 1961 122S

Views : 6698

Replies : 40

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 12th, 2009, 22:18   #11
konio-nt

Which one is it? Interior trim or outside? Have you got a picture?

@All
Front bonnet and boot is avaliable again as potential buyer pulled off. I also have a 4 doors in good condition, stainless steel exhaust, nice and clean dashboard, clean starter motor, original gearbox and original seats (early type ones) in reasonable condition, indicators, headlight chromes, front arms, propshaft.

Last edited by konio-nt; Dec 12th, 2009 at 22:21.
konio-nt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12th, 2009, 23:56   #12
dilip122S

Hi there, I've been watching this since it was on ebay. That is potentially a lovely, lovely car. If I had anywhere to put it, and if I did'nt already have a very nice early Amazon, I'd have been sorely tempted. By the way, by the look of it, its better than mine was when I started. Can't believe no-one wants to take it on, as these are the most stunning, head-turning Amazons when restored. Even just thrown together "hoodride style" it would be an extremely cool ride. Shame it got dismantled prior to its ebay sale, never a good selling point. Sorry, not my intention to offend anyone, I'm just genuinely saddened at the prospect of another B16 about to bite the dust. I wish I had the resources to save them all.....but I don't.

Someone please take this car on: original or customised, restored or ratted, its a very cool car waiting to happen.
dilip122S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2009, 09:11   #13
fugman

I will be up for the bonnet and boot if the sale has fell through.
Old Dec 13th, 2009, 14:36   #14
amazon69
Premier Member

have you still got the front anti roll bar and mounts?
Old Dec 14th, 2009, 15:10   #15
amazondean
amazondean

OK guys i owned this vehicle and sold it to the guy who is now selling it. I bought it to do up but realy i have no more time to spend restoring cars any more, so i sold it to the new owner.

As you know, i tend to have plenty to say regarding bodywork so i supose i had better inform people if its condition.

YOU WILL NOT FIND A BETTER EARLY EXAMPLE ANYWHERE IN THIS COUNTRY THAT REQUIRES RESTORING.

Please don't let this car end up being stripped for bits. Having said that there is plenty of work to do but it will be one of those projects that shouldn't brake the bank and would be a dream to restore. The car was stood for about thirty five years in a dry barn so the body realy is superb and totaly original.
The underside is about as good as you will find on any amazon. The sills are near perfect but would benefit from small local repairs to the rear and there is a sizeable dint on one side which could be filled over. The boot area is also superb. The boot lid itself is mint too. The only body repairs needed are the tops of the front inner wings need welding. There is no need for complete inner wings. The vertical sections are perfect. There is a small amount of welding to the box section underneath one inner wing. One wing i believe is very good the other requires replacement. All doors are very good although i believe one door has a dint. There maybe very small repaires needed to one door in the corner but they havn't rusted along the bottom edge. The engine bay has plenty of surface rust and i feel it would benefit from sand blasting but it is totaly solid. The floors are again in absolutely outstanding condition and appear to have never had water in the foot wells. The dash was in perfect condition when i sold it.
The interior in my opinion will need replacement as the back seat has rusty springs. The fronts are not bad but i feel the whole interior would benefit from replacement. The headlining would need to be replaced too if i remember correctly.
The biggest headache is the mechanics as the whole lot would need total refurbishment.

To sum up the car only requires one wing as far as expense goes for the body. The rest could easily be made up from sheet steel. If anyone had a doner car to swap over all the mechanicals and interior it would finish the car off with very little extra expense apart from a respray.

There are plenty of cars bought out there that people are quite willing to spend there lives cutting panels out and spending years of theire lives trying to make a good car. This car needs none of that and is original to boot. So come on guys leave that rusting reck that you are trying to restore and and buy this one. Like i have said before and i will stick my neck out again. I know what i am talking about.
There is no V5 but i spent about £50 getting a document from nurfalk county council which veryifies that that cars chassis number belongs to that number. DVLA have no record of the number so it has never been taken off the car. I also got a document from the archives in sweeden verifying the number.

SAVE THIS CAR FROM THE SCRAP HEAP

Last edited by amazondean; Dec 14th, 2009 at 15:23.
amazondean is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to amazondean For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 14th, 2009, 20:53   #16
dilip122S

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazon69 View Post
have you still got the front anti roll bar and mounts?
the front anti-roll bar's different on the B16 models, slightly thinner. Not sure whether it would be worthwhile trying to make this fit a later Amazon...
The Following User Says Thank You to dilip122S For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 14th, 2009, 21:48   #17
sikboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by konio-nt View Post
Which one is it? Interior trim or outside? Have you got a picture?

Exterior trim please - as shown in piccie below, thanx.

sikboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2009, 21:59   #18
konio-nt

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazondean View Post
SAVE THIS CAR FROM THE SCRAP HEAP
Sorry Dean, that this one is treated like this, but I really need some money. As I said before - I can keep shell for potential buyer as it is as healthy as those cars can get. Just move rest of mechanical parts, interior, bonnet and boot into it and you will have lovely car with original serial number and all paperwork needed to register it.
Old Dec 16th, 2009, 16:53   #19
dilip122S

Quote:
Originally Posted by konio-nt View Post
Sorry Dean, that this one is treated like this, but I really need some money. As I said before - I can keep shell for potential buyer as it is as healthy as those cars can get. Just move rest of mechanical parts, interior, bonnet and boot into it and you will have lovely car with original serial number and all paperwork needed to register it.

minus all the unique B16 bits, of course. That car will never be the same again. Right, time to put my money where my mouth is. How much money do you need? I believe the figure of £300 was mentioned somewhere along the line. Only interested if the car's more or less complete. Don't mind missing engine, gearbox etc. Mechanical bits missing I can live with.

Last edited by dilip122S; Dec 16th, 2009 at 18:36.
Old Dec 17th, 2009, 01:45   #20
konio-nt

Car is still as complete as I got it from Dean except front panel/grille, which is long time gone. There is engine and gearbox too, so I would give then in a deal. I will also drop in brand new rear lenses, used front indicators, used front chrome light covers and complete front axle (which I bought seperatelly from Dai - classicswede on this forum). If you are serious about buying it - 300 pounds for all lot will do and I will just recall all orders for a seperate parts I have now. I would be very very happy if this car would be restored to it's former glory

Regards
Konrad