Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Ordering? Check and double check

Views : 708

Replies : 11

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 13th, 2017, 18:56   #1
Carlos13

Default Ordering? Check and double check

My new XC90 D5 turned up last week. It came on the wrong wheels, but worse than that, it was the wrong colour!

I changed my mind on the colour well before it was built, but somehow, despite the dealer confirming he'd seen the change in the system, the factory built it according to the original specification. I was worried about it, so I asked him to check.

The dealer has blamed the factory, and who knows where it went wrong. It's immaterial to me, because I decided to take the car and was adequately compensated. That was preferable to waiting months for a new order. The moral of the tale is simply that if you are ordering, keep checking with your dealer right up to the last minute to ensure the order is in with the factory correctly.
Carlos13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13th, 2017, 19:27   #2
gaby
Premier Member

Mine also came with the wrong wheels, but I this case that wasn't bad at all.
The car was ordered on 6-spoke wheels, but afterwards my partner preferred the 10-spoke wheels.
But is was to late to make any changes, 6-spokes it would be. When the car arrived, it had....10-spoke wheels.
But it did have the right colour.
If a car is delivered and the specs don't match those on the written order, can't the customer then argue that it isn't his car?
This probably wouldn't be relevant in your situation since I assume that the car was delivered in the colour
specified on the order sheet and that you have no written confirmation of any accepted changes.
gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13th, 2017, 20:17   #3
rejm68

Was sent factory order that was wrong (different wheels and heated windscreen instead of HUD) and have seen a new version that should have been sent the factory. But reading this who knows which one will be delivered! If they build the original order I might be persuaded to accept the wrong wheels with a suitable sweetener but not the lack of HUD.
rejm68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13th, 2017, 20:23   #4
Carlos13

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaby View Post
If a car is delivered and the specs don't match those on the written order, can't the customer then argue that it isn't his car?
This probably wouldn't be relevant in your situation since I assume that the car was delivered in the colour
specified on the order sheet and that you have no written confirmation of any accepted changes.
No the dealership acknowledged it was wrong and I had the option not to take the car and wait for a new order. I didn't want to do that because we're going on a driving holiday in a few weeks and the new car was part of that. They also offered to loan me a car for free if I wanted to wait. I decided to take the "wrong" car because they compensated me financially.

They are also sorting out the wheels at my convenience and their expense.
Old Jun 13th, 2017, 21:25   #5
gaby
Premier Member

So your dealer did the right thing.
And, IMHO, you took the right decision to accept the car.
gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13th, 2017, 22:00   #6
soupytwister
Master Member

How "wrong" was the colour? Red versus blue, or grey versus another grey? I guess the fact you changed your mind on the colour post-ordering meant that the colour you originally chose was probably something you'd have been happy with as well anyway?
soupytwister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13th, 2017, 22:52   #7
Carlos13

Yes, it would have been much better if the colour had been right, but once it was wrong that couldn't be undone without me waiting for a new order. From that point, they did exactly the right thing.

It's Onyx Black, should have been Osmium Grey.

The thread isn't to complain about the dealer, or even Volvo themselves. Just that mistakes can happen and it's better to keep checking that one hasn't been made
The Following User Says Thank You to Carlos13 For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 13th, 2017, 22:59   #8
soupytwister
Master Member

I think there's something quite distinctive about the black. Don't think black suits all cars, but certainly in Inscription form, the chrome sets it off well to make it look more classy than other brands (not sure if yours is inscription!).
soupytwister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2017, 09:10   #9
familymangreg
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soupytwister View Post
I think there's something quite distinctive about the black. Don't think black suits all cars, but certainly in Inscription form, the chrome sets it off well to make it look more classy than other brands (not sure if yours is inscription!).
Absolutely agree. We went with Osmium Grey, but I prefer the look of the vehicle in Onyx Black, particularly how the chrome detail stands out. My only concern was keeping it clean on the very dirty agricultural roads in our area. Black looks fantastic when clean! Will certainly consider it again next time.

:wq
Old Jun 14th, 2017, 12:13   #10
Mrjon
Master Member

I'd ordered my V90 cross country in osmium grey, my last 4 cars have been black but I didn't think the charcoal coloured wheel arch and bumpers of the CC would look good with a black car.
However I saw a youtube clip of an onyx black V90CC and it looked stunning so I changed my mind. With a week left until the last change date I went into the dealers and as luck would have it they had both a grey and a black V90CC parked opposite each other so I could do a good comparison and it confirmed to me that black was they way to go.
It's a good job I went in that day as it turns out that the last change day had moved forward a week and I only had until midnight that day to make the change!
I am a little nervous now that a grey car is going to turn up, but I signed a revised copy of the order printout with the dealer so the change is documented at least.