Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

New MY20 On Order

Views : 815

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 19th, 2019, 21:05   #1
stevej69

Default New MY20 On Order

Well after 4 months of being in my local dealer, they are no further forward in curing the issues with my MY18 XC90 (random errors, no reliable Nav, either in the car or Car Play and no 3G/4G), the vehicle is being replaced.

My 18 is a T8 Inscription Pro, Xenium with B&W and a few other bits in Saville Grey a lovely car. Aside from the issues, the only thing i dislike is the seats. Over the last 4 months i have had 3 (soon to be 4) courtesy cars including Momentum, R-Design (present) and Inscription. I've found the Momentum seats the most comfortable, followed by the the R-Design. The inscription seats seem to have a bar which runs across the front quarter which for me being 6'6 is really uncomfortable.

I've decided to opt for a T8 R-Design Pro this time around in the new Thunder Grey (looks great in the press photos with the black accents), mainly due to the seats. I like it because it's still very customer facing (very important in my line of work). I'll miss the seat ventilation (never really used the massage), but looking at the spec list, i'm not missing much else. I cant wait for a bigger fuel tank in the T8 though!

It's a shame i've had issues with Volvo, but glad it's getting sorted finally.

Last edited by stevej69; Apr 19th, 2019 at 21:23.
stevej69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2019, 21:31   #2
AB-UK
Premier Member

Company cars?
AB-UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2019, 22:48   #3
stevej69

indeed it is
Old Apr 20th, 2019, 00:13   #4
VOLVOL0VER
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevej69 View Post
Well after 4 months of being in my local dealer, they are no further forward in curing the issues with my MY18 XC90 (random errors, no reliable Nav, either in the car or Car Play and no 3G/4G), the vehicle is being replaced.

My 18 is a T8 Inscription Pro, Xenium with B&W and a few other bits in Saville Grey a lovely car. Aside from the issues, the only thing i dislike is the seats. Over the last 4 months i have had 3 (soon to be 4) courtesy cars including Momentum, R-Design (present) and Inscription. I've found the Momentum seats the most comfortable, followed by the the R-Design. The inscription seats seem to have a bar which runs across the front quarter which for me being 6'6 is really uncomfortable.

I've decided to opt for a T8 R-Design Pro this time around in the new Thunder Grey (looks great in the press photos with the black accents), mainly due to the seats. I like it because it's still very customer facing (very important in my line of work). I'll miss the seat ventilation (never really used the massage), but looking at the spec list, i'm not missing much else. I cant wait for a bigger fuel tank in the T8 though!

It's a shame i've had issues with Volvo, but glad it's getting sorted finally.
Congratulations under the circumstances and i hope you have better luck now. Sorry to ask... what model? XC90?
Old Apr 20th, 2019, 08:55   #5
stevej69

Yes sorry should have said both have been XC90s
Old Apr 20th, 2019, 09:53   #6
Tresco85

I totally agree about the seats they are the most uncomfortable seats we have had and have to use a gel cushion to sit on because of the bar across the seats. We did think about changing to a momentum after 6 months but they wanted another £5,000 to change and spec to what we have so didn't do that.
Old Apr 20th, 2019, 09:57   #7
Deman77
Master Member

My wife (5ft) also found momentum seats the most comfortable and that and chrome trim outside ruled out the inscription. We had to tick all the options on the momentum instead. Sorry to hear about your troubles. Good it’s getting replaced - chances of double unlucky are very low.