Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues Share experiences and problems

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Problems with classicswede

Views : 41860

Replies : 149

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Closed Thread

Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 22:55   #131
mad matt

you should be careful ov wot you are say to me i work on behalf ov vosa wen i am testing they would not take it off the road

Last edited by mad matt; Sep 2nd, 2012 at 23:01.
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 23:07   #132
deathrider311271
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad matt View Post
you should be careful ov wot you are say to me i work on behalf ov vosa wen i am testing they would not take it off the road
pmsl you really dont know what your talking about enough said.

As for watching myself, is that a threat??? i really hope its not
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 23:13   #133
cumbrianmale
Forum Support Team

As Dai cant respond and this is being dealt with offline currently I'm locking the thread until such time as there are developments to be reported.

Previous Volvos
90 240 GL B230FB Auto
96 940 CD
13 V40 D2 R-design
89 745 GLE
98 V90 3.0 24v
98 945 Celebration Auto
96 965 SE Auto
86 744 GL
81 244 DL
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cumbrianmale For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 2nd, 2012, 18:32   #134
Thanatos
VOC Member

Default quick update

well the car went to vosa for a look and a mot they said that as its on a car they have nothing to do with it.

as from the mot point of view

the front tank is too low

this i can believe as we went to a pub for tea and with 4 people in the car bottomed out on the tank brackets and made one hell of a bang as it hit the speed bump.

my dad has started court proceedings in the matter as no one will look at he system and verify it. as it puts the onus on them if anything goes wrong so they wont do it.
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 21:32   #135
classicswede
Trader Volvo in my veins

Default Reply to Thantos

Andrew,

will you back up your statment that the tank is too low in regards to the MOT.

As the car was in for MOT and inspection a scan of the failure sheet would be evidence enough. If it was only an advisory then posting that would do or if the MOT was abondond a written report would cover it.

Having checked through the MOT criteria ground clearance does not come into the test. Some lowered cars are below 100mm and still go through the MOT without issues.

The offical MOT document below lists the checks for the fuel system including LPG and the possible reasons for failure.

Ground clearnace is clearly not there and the reason why you must back up your statment regarding the MOT.
The Following User Says Thank You to classicswede For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 22:23   #136
Thanatos
VOC Member

If you go back to post 53 I think it is the one that has been quoted from and this is a regulated body's document it quotes that the tank has to be a minimum height when the car is fully laden this is what we asked the mot'r and he said it is low as the car is unladen. And will get lower when towing.

It's like the fuel filler you broke instead of leaving it in the boot complete you smashed the locking fuel cap that was on the car.

He said it would in the future cause issues with the mot's I do apologise as its not on the mot requirements at the moment.

While we're at it why don't you answer post 53 for us.
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 21:51   #137
classicswede
Trader Volvo in my veins

Default reply to Thantos

I think what you are saying is despite pushing the MOT tester to pick fault with the installation he could not as MOT wise there is not a single fault with the conversion. To then go on and say that the MOT tester told you in future that the LPG would cause problems with the MOT is unbelievable. There is no forth coming changing to the MOT test that would cause a failure on the LPG system fitted.

Your statement is totally here-say and you have no documentation to back it up.

Is the MOT tester aware of the statements you are making about him? Are you aware that VOSA can trace back where the car was inspected and speak to the tester on this matter? To save me tracking the inspector down to confirm what was said would you like to tell us where the inspection was performed?

Fuel fillers should not be mounted inside the car and must be external as they have been fitted to the Explorer. If you are referring to the filler cap Sion had to alter it to fit the new filler neck that he made to replace the original corroded one that fell apart. He could not have left the cap in the boot as a filler cap is required to be fitted.

As to points raised in post in post 53 I am not in a position go through all these with you as you have already stated that you are pursuing legal action. Once the matter is settled I will post up a full explanation so that everyone who has read this thread will be able to read the outcome.

On the assumption that you will be taking legal action I hope you will do so in a timely manor and inform the forum moderation team of what is going on so that this smear campaign to be brought to a close asap.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to classicswede For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 22:13   #138
Thanatos
VOC Member

from the mot page you have shown it secton 4b reason for failure does not fasten/close securely you smashed a locking petrol cap to bit to fit the plastic bit in that wasn't secure why not just make the pipe to fit it as i presume you had it there when making the new pipe. did you supply the car back with a locking petrol cap or one that was secure?

I AM NOW GETTING BOARD OF YOU AVOIDING THE ANSWERS AS I AM NOT AN LPG INSTALLER THE ONLY STANDARDS I CAN GO OFF ARE THOSE ON THE BS SITE THAT THE POST 53 WENT OFF ARE YOU SAYING THAT THE BRITISH STANDARDS ARE WRONG?

THIS THREAD CAN BE LOCKED PERMANENTLY NOW
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 14:38   #139
classicswede
Trader Volvo in my veins

Default reply to Thantos

Now is not the time to close this thread fully.

You made it very clear to me on the phone before you started this thread that you would do all you could do to damage my reputation. There is no doubt that you have damaged my reputation and even lost me work.

You have posted on here doing your best to make my work look bad and have been allowed to get away with doing so without any real supporting proof. Not happy with just posting here you have also done the same on your own forum and between you are your freinds have abused anyone who made any attempt to quosh your argument. Most traders would have started legal procedings against you long ago. I hold traditional values and that is not the way things should be done.

As your dad has already started court procedings I still can not explain where you have gone worng with your own assesment of the installation against BS rather than COP11. Once that is delt with I will be able to fully cover why the system is correctly installed.

What remains is for you to make a formal apology both on here and VVC for your prolonged outburst. All this was caused by you having to wait for parts to arrive and me insisting doing the job properly and safely.

I don't think we will ever be able to go out for a pint but lets at least put this behind us.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to classicswede For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 31st, 2012, 03:05   #140
cumbrianmale
Forum Support Team

Any update or resolution to this?

Previous Volvos
90 240 GL B230FB Auto
96 940 CD
13 V40 D2 R-design
89 745 GLE
98 V90 3.0 24v
98 945 Celebration Auto