Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Collected the car today

Views : 22430

Replies : 303

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 17th, 2016, 09:30   #261
Lexman8
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by familymangreg View Post
Regarding the Savile Grey, have you seen it in the sunlight? I looked at It on an XC60 in shade and on a V70 in direct sunlight, on the same forecourt. I liked it in the shade, but it was too khaki green for me in direct sunlight.
It's strange how different some of these colours look in changed light. I've gone with Osmium Grey now. Hopefully a 'safe' choice.

Quote:
Having spent time with the car, are there any other options you'd consider changing? For all your hassle I'd expect the dealer to oblige!
I'm very happy with my original choice of options but I did get one thing 'wrong' and that was not getting the Power Passenger Seat option. Basically, I misunderstood what the standard passenger seat did. Somehow, I thought it had more electrical adjustments than it actually does. Also, it has transpired that to fit the optional Walnut Inlays you really need the passenger seat to be powered because of the memory buttons.

The dealer has agreed to add this to the new order and I will pay for it.
Lexman8 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lexman8 For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 17th, 2016, 10:33   #262
Mezza

Great news on the replacement and that they will let you drive the old car - to be honest it was the only real option if they were to keep their reputation. In a strange way you benefit by getting that 'new car feeling' all over again (as well as new options)!
Mezza is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mezza For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 17th, 2016, 10:39   #263
Lexman8
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezza View Post
In a strange way you benefit by getting that 'new car feeling' all over again (as well as new options)!
Yep, kinda makes up for the hassle. Another 10-week countdown to get through now!
Old Aug 17th, 2016, 11:28   #264
aab203

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexman8 View Post
Yep, kinda makes up for the hassle. Another 10-week countdown to get through now!
Your second car, ordered a month after mine will come a month before mine. Damn T8's
aab203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2016, 16:17   #265
basoom

[QUOTE
Also, it has transpired that to fit the optional Walnut Inlays you really need the passenger seat to be powered because of the memory buttons.

The dealer has agreed to add this to the new order and I will pay for it.[/QUOTE]

Is the walnut an option any more?
I thought it is now standard in the inscriptions and can't be added as an option on the momentum.

Do you mean a retrofit?
basoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2016, 17:42   #266
Lexman8
Premier Member

Sorry, realise now that my post could be ambiguous. It's the Power Passenger Seat that's being added to the order now. The Walnut Inlays can't be specified as a factory-fit option on a Momentum (or R-Design) but they are available as a dealer-fit option at a higher cost (natch).

I had previously ordered the Walnut Inlays for the dealer to fit but when the set arrived it required that both front seats were powered.
Old Aug 17th, 2016, 18:08   #267
Lozza
Events occur in real time

Quote:
when the set arrived it required that both front seats were powered.
Just transplant the speaker grill from your existing inlay, that's how I did mine.
No powered passenger seat required 👍
2005 S40 2.0D SE (Sold)
Lozza is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lozza For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 17th, 2016, 19:04   #268
oragex
Premier Member

Quote:
One real annoyance: I was taught to remove my seat-belt when reversing and after all these years I do it without even thinking.
Never been taught so but I always do so, find it easier this way

On the other side, sad to see the dealer trying to pass a damaged vehicle as new. Few owners would of noticed the paint difference, they would have kept driving the car.
Old Aug 17th, 2016, 19:28   #269
Lexman8
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lozza View Post
Just transplant the speaker grill from your existing inlay, that's how I did mine.
No powered passenger seat required 👍
Thanks, I saw your post about how to do it but having lived with the standard seat I can see some extra benefit in the powered one. For some reason I thought the recline function on the standard seat was powered but obviously that's not the case.
Old Aug 19th, 2016, 09:15   #270
AB-UK
Premier Member

Isn't anyone else amazed/appalled that electrically adjusted seats are not standard equipment on a car which costs this much?
It's like finding out the windows are still operated by winding a handle!
AB-UK is offline   Reply With Quote