Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Collecting 66 tomorrow night - Anyone else?

Views : 4099

Replies : 70

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 30th, 2016, 12:10   #1
mrlossyman

Default Collecting 66 tomorrow night - Anyone else?

My 5 month wait for my car comes to an end tomorrow when I collect it from the dealers. I've been told I can't drive it until midnight so I have a long wait from when the dealers close to getting on the road.

I just hope the 120 mile journey home goes smoothly :-).

I'm wondering who else is getting a 66 plate and what you've ordered? I'm sure there must be a few others out there!
Old Aug 30th, 2016, 12:43   #2
eax

Unfortunately at least 2 weeks to go here I'm afraid. Maybe 3 even. But in 2 weeks it will be a full 7 months since I placed the order (Feb 12th).
- T8 Inscription with all options except B&W.
eax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30th, 2016, 13:56   #3
mrlossyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by eax View Post
Unfortunately at least 2 weeks to go here I'm afraid. Maybe 3 even. But in 2 weeks it will be a full 7 months since I placed the order (Feb 12th).
- T8 Inscription with all options except B&W.
That's a long, long, wait.... I was really excited, but that has diminished the more I read about the problems....
Old Aug 30th, 2016, 14:57   #4
eax

I am very excited too, that I will get it in 2/3 weeks. MY Volvo still says 5 weeks though. But dealer called me to say car has now been built. So I guess its just going through QA etc and will be on a ship to Blighty this week hopefully.

..and it seems the problems are slowly being resolved by Volvo.
eax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30th, 2016, 15:29   #5
neon
Premier Member

Will be great picking up to drive at midnight, not much sleep that night then. At least will give plenty of time to get used to the car and ensure everything is ok.

Should be 3 weeks for me also, last update was 13th Sept but I am out the country on hol, so will be picking up 20th Sep.
My Volvo says 4 weeks and not in production yet.
Old Aug 30th, 2016, 15:31   #6
tem
Premier Member

I am supposed to get the V90 in 5 weeks, with a build date of the 19th September, but:
There are no demonstrators in the UK yet.
The S90 is supposed to be first, followed by the V90.
There are a few in the UK, but they only came, so dealers could look and access them.
Slightly worried.

tem.
Old Aug 30th, 2016, 15:33   #7
mrlossyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by tem View Post
I am supposed to get the V90 in 5 weeks, with a build date of the 19th September, but:
There are no demonstrators in the UK yet.
The S90 is supposed to be first, followed by the V90.
There are a few in the UK, but they only came, so dealers could look and access them.
Slightly worried.

tem.
I have not driven an XC90 yet! Tomorrow will be the first time I see the colour and spec in full. Yes, crazy I know.....
Old Aug 30th, 2016, 15:51   #8
neon
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlossyman View Post
I have not driven an XC90 yet! Tomorrow will be the first time I see the colour and spec in full. Yes, crazy I know.....
That is quite a leap of faith. Look forward to the feedback when you collect.
Old Aug 30th, 2016, 15:51   #9
nigelt28

Collecting on Thursday lunchtime.

D5 Inscription. Magic Blue. Xenium, Winter & Dynamic Packs.

Wanted to wait for 2017 MY for the Pilot Assist 2 and Power Pulse - hope they are worth it!
nigelt28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30th, 2016, 15:56   #10
neon
Premier Member

Be great to here what you think.

Anyone get the DEV 666 number plate.