Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

I've been banned from my Volvo dealership!

Views : 36557

Replies : 222

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 26th, 2010, 16:21   #181
Citizen.Agfa
VOC Member

"The customer is always right?"

Not in a pub, he ain't, else how can I ban him when he's been a very naughty boy?

No, I find a better expression is "The customer is king!"

Oh, yeah, and this one of course: "Remember who pays our wages!"

C.A.
Old Aug 27th, 2010, 20:53   #182
hobbyhorse
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizen.Agfa View Post

No, I find a better expression is "The customer is king!"

C.A.
Well some of them certainly need crowning
Old Aug 27th, 2010, 21:29   #183
AyrshireXC90

My first encounter with my local Volvo dealership was not impressive. I have persevered, and now have to say that I am impressed with Parks in Ayr. The service reception staff are very helpful, and I have spoken personally with the technician who has worked on my car on two occasions. This helps to reassure me that my vehicle has been in safe hands.
My most recent contact with them was most impressive. I checked the brake fluid level on my XC90, and from the driver's side, it looked to be on the low side. I asked Parks to look at it; they checked for leaks, and pronounced all was well. (They checked for any source of leaks under the floorpan.) Indeed, if I had looked at the chamber from the passenger side, I would have seen that the fluid level was fine. I was delighted to be reunited with my car with no bill to pay!
Good service, I think.
AyrshireXC90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28th, 2010, 23:09   #184
scr8pdo
Premier Member

I think its shocking you could be treated like that, anywhere never mind a car dealers, i have never had any problems like that to be honest and ive walked into a few dealers straight out the scrap yard in oily rigger boots and work clothes, to pick up spares or into the showroom to ask where the spares dept is, i would certainly take serious offence if i were treated like some of the past posts and i would make a big scene if spoken down to by some "suit" makes my blood boil, who the hell do they think they are?
Old Aug 29th, 2010, 17:35   #185
graham_S40_uk

Talking not been banned but close

I had a similar experience with a commercial Volvo dealer , had to pick a clutch up for a B10m coach , so hence i wasnt in shirt n tie , think was jeans n polo shirt , walked in to reception and stood there whilst the staff were busy a guy in a shirt n trousers walked in and was sorted straight away .... i did make a few comments as i stood there, mind you i got an apology and a cuppa

But it wasnt as bad a mercedes (spit) commercial dealer , took a dustcart up there and walked in to reception , they just stared at me as if id gone into their house on christmas day and p**sed on their presents , all cause i was covered in grease n diesel cause a 5 month old lorry had decided to cause problems all the way there never had that problems with the FH12s or 9s
graham_S40_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29th, 2010, 21:02   #186
scr8pdo
Premier Member

I still cant believe how they treat people like that, the only time i was sort of treated like that was I got a call once to recover an abandoned BMW from a car park in Warrington somewhere, it was late at night i was covered in crud, grease oil etc, I needed someone at the hotel to sign a disclaimer saying they gave me permission to take the car, no keys logbook etc, when I arrived via sat nav it turned out to be a 5 star gaff, marble floors, Bentlys, Mercs etc so felt a bit out of place, pulled the lorry up right outside the door and walked in and approached the reception when a little bloke in a suit who looked like Manwell quickly ushered me into a side room and asked me to take a seat and wait there while he got the manager, but even then he offered me a coffee while i waited and was polite
Old Aug 31st, 2010, 14:58   #187
strider

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithysbarge View Post
All dealers are the same, some good, many bad....
At the risk of being ridiculed for another entry into an already ancient thread...

...a friend of mine once commented on being able to recommend restaurants that "they're only as good as your last visit".

I guess this can be extended to car dealers.

Recently (about 5 weeks ago) my '03 S40 broke with an alarm/immobiliser fault. This left us stranded in Carlisle (visiting other half's relatives). Local Volvo dealer (Lloyds I believe) couldn't fit us in for another 3 or 4 days. AA took the car back to John Morris Motors (in S'thorpe). Excellent service in trying to diagnose an intermittent fault. Even gave a good price on repair except couldn't guarantee wouldn't reoccur (although they did use the old Volvo excuse that mice may have chewed the wiring). On contacting the service department the phone was even answered by John Morris himself (although it was like talking to my grandfather!).

Ended up not having confidence in the S40, didn't want the family stranded again. So exchanged for S60 that was on their website, their sales department is in Grimsby (only service now in S'thorpe). Salesman was really good. Initial deal setup over the phone, so sight unseen, I wasn't judged by my clothes only on the fact I was an existing customer. I was stuck for a car and didn't really feel I'd been fleeced with a bad trade-in deal (although I'm sure a reasonable profit was made by those involved, that's their job after all).

Based on this they're certainly earned my good will and and I'll use them again and would recommend. Maybe once again this is the difference between 'family' run firms and big multi-franchise, multi-location dealerships. In these I feel the salespeople are just about selling. It could be double-glazing, time-share or cars, they're not bothered about the actual product or even the people who buy it.

Last edited by strider; Aug 31st, 2010 at 15:13.
strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2011, 17:10   #188
hinterland

Default Bad treatment by Volvo dealers

I have a friend here in British Columbia Canada who purchased a C 30 direct from the factory in Sweden and had it shipped to Canada.
However, not having a dealer in his home town he took his car to various dealers in the province as he traveled quite a bit.
He had so many bad experiences at various Volvo dealers he actually traded in the car and got a Subaru instead.
His description of some of the dealers were they dress in suits that make them look like Mafia, and treat you in the same way. Money money money and nothing else matters.
Remember the old days when Volvo's were the favorites of the college and working people crowd.
hinterland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2011, 19:50   #189
S80T60James
S80T6James

Because my wife is a fleet manager I've been to many different dealerships to take cars in for services, collect new cars etc. (It helps her out and I get to drive all sorts of cars I can't afford!).
Without doubt the best service has been Toyota who are welcoming and very friendly every time. That said they always have to radically alter the service paperwork for fleet services as they add so many extra items for private services that aren't required! Shocking! BMW have always been very good but they always make sure you're there forever and a day. Audi were very sniffy until they realised I'd come to collect a brand new car. VW vary from outstanding to poor and Ford are consistently unreliable and disorganised!
As yet though I have never been in a Volvo Main Dealer!
S80T60James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2011, 19:14   #190
SneakyBoris

I always go to my volvo dealer wearing tracksuits and never had any problems always treated the same ( like sh1t ) while I wait I do eat all their sweets in customers waiting area