Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

I've been banned from my Volvo dealership!

Views : 36553

Replies : 222

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 16th, 2011, 19:07   #211
Makai73

Talking

Had a similair problem with a local Ford dealer. I took my car in for it's service, nice young lady at the desk, v. pleasant manner, as I leave the door is held open for me by a mechanic from the workshop even though he his carrying a large box. So far so good......

....I return to collect my car having been telephoned by the same young lady, on arrival I am given my service book and am shown where it has been stamped, the completed section for the bodycheck, the mechanics paperwork for the tasks completed, and so on. So far so good..........

.... I get to my car and find a new addition, a scratch from the front door to the rear arch justbreaking the paint to show the primer underneath. I walked back into the showroom and asked for help, out comes the mechanic that did the work, lots of apologies "I'll get the service manager sir!"

Let the fun begin, "the car was like that when it arrived,sir", "I can assure you it was not", then I'm slowly but surely told that I am obviously lying trying to get my car fixed for free. I produce the dealers own paperwork showing the body check and the 'no damage' box that is ticked. I'm told that the check is only valid at the time it was completed, the paint shop manager is called and professes that the scratch is a minimum of a year old (red face once I show him the car is 6 months old) I ask the service manager to prove the service has been done, "check your book sir", you've just told me your paperwork is not worth a fig! "Please leave the premises sir"

Really enjoyed the look on his face as the MD of the dealership drives in, He's my father in laws golf partner! Hello Derek says I, the ensuing rush to get my car fixed was a sight to behold. Cue the unemployed service manager!
Makai73 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Makai73 For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 16th, 2011, 19:07   #212
Makai73

Red face

Sorry that was so long
Makai73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2011, 11:24   #213
david philips
panic captain manwaring ?

Question put on a suit

hi mike , maybe theres a new rule out that you have to were a suit before you buy parts if so it will be interesting to see guys in suits trying to fit parts.
david philips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2011, 00:13   #214
webbie1983

trouble is they dont appreciate real volvos anymore!
webbie1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2011, 18:24   #215
t5_monkey
Monkeying Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makai73 View Post
Had a similair problem with a local Ford dealer. I took my car in for it's service, nice young lady at the desk, v. pleasant manner, as I leave the door is held open for me by a mechanic from the workshop even though he his carrying a large box. So far so good......

....I return to collect my car having been telephoned by the same young lady, on arrival I am given my service book and am shown where it has been stamped, the completed section for the bodycheck, the mechanics paperwork for the tasks completed, and so on. So far so good..........

.... I get to my car and find a new addition, a scratch from the front door to the rear arch justbreaking the paint to show the primer underneath. I walked back into the showroom and asked for help, out comes the mechanic that did the work, lots of apologies "I'll get the service manager sir!"

Let the fun begin, "the car was like that when it arrived,sir", "I can assure you it was not", then I'm slowly but surely told that I am obviously lying trying to get my car fixed for free. I produce the dealers own paperwork showing the body check and the 'no damage' box that is ticked. I'm told that the check is only valid at the time it was completed, the paint shop manager is called and professes that the scratch is a minimum of a year old (red face once I show him the car is 6 months old) I ask the service manager to prove the service has been done, "check your book sir", you've just told me your paperwork is not worth a fig! "Please leave the premises sir"

Really enjoyed the look on his face as the MD of the dealership drives in, He's my father in laws golf partner! Hello Derek says I, the ensuing rush to get my car fixed was a sight to behold. Cue the unemployed service manager!
What a plum! (him that is.. not you )

Release the Monkey inside of you >>> Trunk Monkey
t5_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2011, 14:58   #216
baldmosher
moshmobile driver

I was enjoying reading this thread until I realised it started in 2007 and was 22 pages long!!!

Fantastic stuff.

But then again, this is precisely why I always go into dealerships on an extended lunch break (i.e. in my shirt & tie) to discuss new cars, and why I always tell them "I bought my V40 in an emergency but it's been doing me OK for the past X months, so I'm not planning to replace it in a hurry, but we've both had big pay rises this year and the wife doesn't like the seats so I could be tempted to get something new"

It's amazing how much attention you get with that line.

I took a DS4 back to the dealer 4 minutes into a 24 hour test drive because I couldn't release the clutch without bashing my knee on the steering wheel. The guy was absolutely astounded and gutted that he couldn't even persuade me to "keep it for 24 hours anyway just to see?" Walking out of a dealer with an imaginary £20K in your bank account is far more thrilling than actually spending it.
baldmosher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2011, 15:10   #217
tt82
Forum Support Team

Why would you want a DS4 anyway, their horrible.

tt82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2011, 16:36   #218
baldmosher
moshmobile driver

I worked that out for myself after climbing in and driving it around the block once!

Funnily enough that's all I was allowed to do in the DS3 when I test-drove that. "I'll drive it halfway, you can drive it back, left turns only, keep it under 30 please sir, and I'm afraid The Wife™ has to sit in the back the whole time". Why even bother letting me drive it?

I've always loved the C4, and the C3 Picasso as a cheap, spacious load-lugger is pretty hard to beat, but ever since I've owned a Volvo, I've changed my mind quite a bit about cars. Even the "luxury" Accord I drove was - well - just OK. Great boot space in the estate though.

If my VMD was any closer than Bury, I'd've been out in a C30 and a V60 already and would be round there every other weekend testing second hand cars.... it's a little bit of a trek from Salford though.
baldmosher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2011, 16:44   #219
tt82
Forum Support Team

V60 Grrr - must resist urges to bash the keyboard to death whilst typing furiously

tt82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2011, 16:53   #220
rnlisg

Default main dealer bad treatment of customers and their cars.

a friend in kent has a new discovery 4 hse(48k)he had it collected from home for a service,they left him an hse courtesy car,no problem,yet,when he got it back he checked his new camera system to see how the job went,this unit not only records the journey in glorious colour, but all conversations in and around the car(you can guess where this is going)!!.the car travelled down the m20 towards maidstone at 100 mph,those that know this m/way will be aware that every junction etc has camera,s.when he contacted the dealer principal he was told that there was no damage done as the car is well capable of cruising at this speed!!!(good job it wasent a bugatti)he also said the guy driving had some personal problems,it took over 2 weeks to finally get an oppology from the d/p,up to that point he had been very happy with the service with them,when i had my disco 3 i had great service from them,but it leaves a feeling of unease as to what goes on when they have your pride and joy.
rnlisg is offline   Reply With Quote