Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Simcard Slot and Bluetooth

Views : 3677

Replies : 15

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 29th, 2015, 09:52   #11
bokabil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky Diver View Post
Same here... I've had O2, Vodafone, Orange, EE and Sainsbury Mobile SIMs in the car and they all work.

Daft question time... you have tried turning the phone on haven't you? Press and hold the Phone button on the dash and the display should change to Phone. If there is no SIM in the slot you won't be able to get the message off the screen until you either insert one or turn the phone back off again.
I did press the Phone button on/off several times. I even removed all paired phones so as to simulate a fresh start.

I removed all paired phones, Phone Button to turn off, inserted the simcard then Phone Button to turn-on, I get this message "Turn on bluetooth on your phone to pair" (or something like this).

It seems to me that Bluetooth Function is default and it didn't seem to check that a simcard was inserted.
bokabil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29th, 2015, 16:19   #12
rich1068
I've Been Banned

I've looked into this for precisely the reasons you state in your first post. I think your dealer is wrong and it's disabled in the newer models. Mine's only a year old and I don't have the ability to switch between Bluetooth and the built in phone/SIM. See your manual, page 279. If yours is like mine it won't have <5. Change phone>
rich1068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2015, 11:18   #13
bokabil

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich1068 View Post
I've looked into this for precisely the reasons you state in your first post. I think your dealer is wrong and it's disabled in the newer models. Mine's only a year old and I don't have the ability to switch between Bluetooth and the built in phone/SIM. See your manual, page 279. If yours is like mine it won't have <5. Change phone>
Since you mentioned p279 of the manual, I checked the Menu Structure and found out that when I press "Phone" button and then the "Menu" button, I only have "1. Bluetooth" as option (nothing more). It seems that only Bluetooth is active in my car and my dealer's information is wrong. The car will go in for service soon and will get this clarified.

I have the feeling that the Simcard holder is simply a remnant of the old. I do hope that the internal hardware that supports the simcard remains and that it would be a simple firmware update to activate simcard support.
bokabil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2019, 14:40   #14
Dragos

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokabil View Post
Since you mentioned p279 of the manual, I checked the Menu Structure and found out that when I press "Phone" button and then the "Menu" button, I only have "1. Bluetooth" as option (nothing more). It seems that only Bluetooth is active in my car and my dealer's information is wrong. The car will go in for service soon and will get this clarified.

I have the feeling that the Simcard holder is simply a remnant of the old. I do hope that the internal hardware that supports the simcard remains and that it would be a simple firmware update to activate simcard support.
Guys any update for this matter?
Dragos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2019, 18:01   #15
Harley Dave
Volvo Driver

The original thread was started and stopped in June 2015.

The OP, Bokabil, was on line today however, so he may see your request and he may get back to you.

Good luck

PS my 2011 Exec has Bluetooth and a separate SIM which works.

Handy when in another country as I can buy a local card for local calls.

Cheers

Dave
Harley Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2019, 18:17   #16
Dragos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley Dave View Post
The original thread was started and stopped in June 2015.

The OP, Bokabil, was on line today however, so he may see your request and he may get back to you.

Good luck

PS my 2011 Exec has Bluetooth and a separate SIM which works.

Handy when in another country as I can buy a local card for local calls.

Cheers

Dave
Thanks Dave

I saw that the thread was old but i was hoping that somebody knows more about this.
As you said the sim can come handy at some point.
I also see only the bluetooth menu.

Cheers
Dragos is offline   Reply With Quote