Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 MY19 models

Views : 2393

Replies : 14

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 2nd, 2018, 20:35   #1
dling

Default XC60 MY19 models

Hi all,

My first post on this forum and maybe third or fourth time in my life. Nevertheless, I'm quite a heavy user/reader of this one. The main reason being the fact that I order an XC60 T8 (with most of the features except the BW audio and the dark windows) and the expected delivery date is end of Feb next year.

Since the waiting time is killing me, I am trying to read everything possible upfront . While you guys helped me a lot already with all the detailed posts, I would still appreciate your support.

While browsing the user manuals on Volvo's website I found out that after I choose the XC60 Twine Engine I get three different models: MY2018, MY2019 AT1817 and MY2019 AT1846. Since I just ordered my car, I can imagine it will not be a MY2018, but I have no idea which MY2019 it will be.

Do any of you know what the difference is? Is there a link with differences between different MY?

Thanks for any replies

P.S. I forgot to mention my first love was a Volvo. It was a 1967 244DL. It was the first car driven by my father, the first one driven by my mother and some years later it was my first drive. The following 18 years I owned several other cars but no Volvos. I just hope the XC60 will be as comfortable as the 244 was for me when I was 7 and riding on the back seat ...
dling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2nd, 2018, 23:22   #2
MaDProFF
Master Member

Others will know more, I wanted a MY 18, but ended up with an MY 19 which is a build year, thus relates to that the model is in the coming year, quite often they do updates halfway though the year so you might see MY18.5 etc.

I can tell you quite a lot of difference between MY18 and 19, XC60 T8, some good some bad HP Output.

Once they are building MY19's you cannot get a MY18 Build, only if there is built stock out there. (which there will not be unless 2nd hand).

Not sure what the AT code is? maybe software related?
Old Dec 3rd, 2018, 06:30   #3
dling

Thanks! I would be quite interested to find out some of these differences. I know indeed about the HP (mine comes with 303) and I also know about the tank increase to 70l.
Anything else worth mentioning?
dling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2018, 08:44   #4
Crockers
Premier Member

Don't model 19 cars have a petrol particulate filter too ?
Old Dec 3rd, 2018, 09:11   #5
MaDProFF
Master Member

TBH it is easier to just ask the dealer the differences, they are given a list between the 2, although doubt that will include mechanical added ones like Particulate Filters, there were certainly changes regarding emissions that was what caused the power reduction.
Old Dec 3rd, 2018, 09:19   #6
Lexman8
Premier Member

I think the AT code refers to week numbers. So AT1817 means built on or after week 17 and AT1846 means built on or after week 46.

Given the above, I reckon your car will be an AT1846.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lexman8 For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 20th, 2019, 01:14   #7
DangerMUK
VOC Member

Yeah I was looking on the user manual section and was wondering if my car was AT1817 or AT1846.

If they changed the owners manual presumably there are some changes between the two MY19 models?

My VIN says I apparently have AT1817 which is the earlier of the two but its on a 68 plate!

Thanks
DangerMUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2019, 11:55   #8
VOLVOL0VER
Master Member

"Updates from and including April 2019
Improved logic for the seatbelt reminder in the rear seat. The signal will stop sounding when the car stops and start sounding again when the car moves.
A new function, Volvo data analytics, has been integrated in order to improve the overall quality of our vehicles. This function will use a small amount of the vehicle's data plan.
Altered optimisation in the infotainment system for compensation for engine noise. Slightly altered sound may be heard.
Improved feedback for Pilot Assist. Under certain conditions, the steering wheel vibrates slightly when Pliot Assist steering assistance is disconnected, adaptive cruise control remains active. The same vibration as for lane assist is used when the car is about to leave its lane.
Amended messages in the driver display (12-inch) for the Start/Stop function. A start/stop symbol has been added and the texts "Ready" and "Off" have been removed. See Altered start/stop symbols
Connected safety, hazard warning flasher alarm and slippery driving conditions alarm, will be available for Europe, see Connected Safety.
Updating Apple CarPlay:
Simplified Start-up after an iPhone has been connected.
Visual notification of incoming SMS as well as other notifications from an iPhone.
Improved positioning when using map services in Apple CarPlay in China.
Improved software in Tuneln, more channels will work.
Improved searching of points of interest (POI) in the navigation system.
Performance and stability improvements in the infotainment system.
The user has a new timer for the vehicle's approach light. It used to be 30 seconds, and the new change means it is now 120 seconds.
Improvement of the engine management system's optimisation.
Improvement of the transmission system's optimisation.
Updated software that provides improved steering responsiveness and less vibration. (i) Applies to cars from and including 18w46, not XC40)"

I really don't understand Volvo. I don't know if other brands do this also but i guess not because makes no sense in my humble opinion. To update software all brands do of course. Or at least the ones to which VOLVO directly competes like BMW AUDI MERCEDES. What i think other brands don't do is to make updates where they exclude from that software cars produced weeks before. So a buyer of an XC60 from and including week 17 (mine was produced in week 38 2018) doesn't get in his brand new car an important software which provides better steering responsiveness and less vibration, but someone that owns a XC60 8 weeks after mine, gets that better improvement in his car.

Does this make any sense ?? I am really mad.

Last edited by VOLVOL0VER; May 27th, 2019 at 12:45.
VOLVOL0VER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2019, 13:39   #9
volvocat

Quote:
Originally Posted by VOLVOL0VER View Post
I really don't understand Volvo. I don't know if other brands do this also but i guess not because makes no sense in my humble opinion. To update software all brands do of course. Or at least the ones to which VOLVO directly competes like BMW AUDI MERCEDES. What i think other brands don't do is to make updates where they exclude from that software cars produced weeks before. So a buyer of an XC60 from and including week 17 (mine was produced in week 38 2018) doesn't get in his brand new car an important software which provides better steering responsiveness and less vibration, but someone that owns a XC60 8 weeks after mine, gets that better improvement in his car.

Does this make any sense ?? I am really mad.
No, not really but are some of these features not included in the service software updates which are made available several times a year? - if so, they would eventually become available to slightly older cars when serviced?
Just a thought...
volvocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2019, 15:00   #10
jonnyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by dling View Post
Hi all,

I order an XC60 T8 (with most of the features except the BW audio and the dark windows) and the expected delivery date is end of Feb next year.
If you have a delivery date of Feb next year, I'm pretty sure that you will receive a 2020 version of the car. I say this because when I ordered my XC60 in September, it left the production line in 05/12 and delivered 15 days afterwards.
So if you have your deliver set for Fev 2020, my best guess is that the car will be made in December as well and delivered between December and January and it will be a revised version MY2020 of the XC60