Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V50 T5 SE for sale, 2004 model.

Views : 1858

Replies : 12

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 17th, 2010, 01:24   #1
flashp

Default V50 T5 SE for sale, 2004 model.

I have up for sale my T5...I have put up my own web space which is here: http://www.zen150704.zen.co.uk/. This has lots of info & lots of photos.

My contact details are as follows: email: ZEN150704@ZEN.CO.UK
Mobile is 0784 088 2226.

I'll put a pic here, but there are plenty more on my web space at higher resolution.

All the general details are there...bit of a cop out not puting them here I know but I spent ages making the site and I hope it speaks volumes about the car. Full service history and all invoices from new. It also has just over 2 years of a top level warranty which includes A/C Climate, Turbo & ECU as well as many other items. Details of provider are on my web space.

My asking price is £6500.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited by flashp; Aug 17th, 2010 at 01:30.
flashp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2010, 09:17   #2
t5_monkey
Monkeying Around

That blue colour is proper nice.

You had the wheels powder coated ?
t5_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2010, 09:39   #3
flashp

Thanks - the wheels were done the previous owner...good choice of colour. I thought they were an option colour from new, but Cambridge Volvo said no, they would have been silver.

They looked even better when I had the Bilstein suspension kit fitted! (Not to mention the EBC Ultimax discs and Red Stuff pads.....)
Old Aug 17th, 2010, 16:48   #4
t5_monkey
Monkeying Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashp View Post
Thanks - the wheels were done the previous owner...good choice of colour. I thought they were an option colour from new, but Cambridge Volvo said no, they would have been silver.

They looked even better when I had the Bilstein suspension kit fitted! (Not to mention the EBC Ultimax discs and Red Stuff pads.....)
Ah good stuff - what Bilstein kit did you have fitted?

I was driving mine down the more twisty scenic parts of the crow road on Sunday and thought 'it feels a bit underdamped' (am on uprated springs, rollbar, strut brace - but standard shocks.

What difference did you notice??
Old Aug 17th, 2010, 18:07   #5
flashp

It was the B12 kit. Nothing too outrageous as I wanted the car to retain some manners! (and preserve my spine!!). It's far better than standard, and has also helped control body roll and nosedive under braking. I had this done in the name of safety really as I had Vectra GSI once and had reason to make a sudden lane change at motorway speeds as a Jag moved over into my lane without seeing me. The car was flat and planted and I realised that in a normally sprung car I would have been all over the place...that was it...since then performance suspension on every car.

As for the brakes...they are also a great improvement over standard. Much shorter stopping distances. Very very strong and fade free under heating, in fact they get better!

I think that you deffinitely need to address the shocks. I have also used Koni FSD's on my Leon FR when I had it...they were stunning. Look them up, you'll be impressed. A sort of mechanical active suspension. Not cheap, but you get what you pay for.
Old Aug 17th, 2010, 18:14   #6
t5_monkey
Monkeying Around

Quote:
It was the B12 kit. Nothing too outrageous as I wanted the car to retain some manners! (and preserve my spine!!). It's far better than standard, and has also helped control body roll and nosedive under braking. I had this done in the name of safety really as I had Vectra GSI once and had reason to make a sudden lane change at motorway speeds as a Jag moved over into my lane without seeing me. The car was flat and planted and I realised that in a normally sprung car I would have been all over the place...that was it...since then performance suspension on every car.

As for the brakes...they are also a great improvement over standard. Much shorter stopping distances. Very very strong and fade free under heating, in fact they get better!

I think that you deffinitely need to address the shocks. I have also used Koni FSD's on my Leon FR when I had it...they were stunning. Look them up, you'll be impressed. A sort of mechanical active suspension. Not cheap, but you get what you pay for.
Cool... is the B12 kit a coilover kit? will check that out

Mines planted but does pitch a bit under hard braking and quick direction changes.

What brake set up did you run again? Need new front discs on mine! (wobbling a bit under certain braking)
Old Aug 18th, 2010, 18:55   #7
flashp

Quote:
Originally Posted by t5_monkey View Post
Cool... is the B12 kit a coilover kit? will check that out

Mines planted but does pitch a bit under hard braking and quick direction changes.

What brake set up did you run again? Need new front discs on mine! (wobbling a bit under certain braking)
It's a standard arrangement so they just slot in.

The discs are EBC Ultimax discs, not much more than OEM parts TBH, and the pads are Red Stuff. They work very well together...you need to be sure to follow the bedding in instructions as the aim to develop a transfer coating. This involves 3 hard stops from 60 in quick succession as well as some other preliminary steps that have to be observed. You know you've done it right when they smell. Very little dust off them also. This procedure also prevents glazing.

When you notice how well they stop you'll feel very happy in that at motorway speeds you can stop so much stop quicker...it could keep you out of trouble. This was my main objective again.

I like to 'drive' a car, but as an advanced driver (IAM) I'd like to think I can do it and keep myself and other road users safe.

Last edited by flashp; Aug 18th, 2010 at 20:47.
Old Aug 27th, 2010, 12:29   #8
flashp

Default ***********price drop***********

Now £6250.
Old Sep 4th, 2010, 12:15   #9
pauly

Quote:
Now £6250.
Very nice, if you weren't so far away I'd be interested.
pauly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2010, 12:33   #10
flashp

I'd be prepared to bring it to you if you were interested. My number is on the ad, give me a ring if you'd like to.

Regards.

Ashley.