Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General

Notices

S40 / V40 '96-'04 General Forum for the Volvo S40 and V40 (Classic) Series from 1995-2004.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo v40 airbag light on

Views : 27306

Replies : 17

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 3rd, 2014, 11:17   #11
pphilpot
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reece44 View Post
hi there,i just read your message i have a volvo v40 2003 and the red airbag light has come on,i did clean my car out when i come back from holiday thats when it came on.i did try to reset it by taking the battery leads off all night but that never worked.i see you do have a eu702 reader.i did ring volvo and they wanted 51quid just to plug the 702 in,and thats just a rip off,any ideas what else i can do i am gunner clean the conectors under the seats today as it could be that.or where can i get a eu702 cheap.cheapest is 100,off ebay.thankyou,reece.
I'm near Woodbridge with VIDA/DICE, where are you?
pphilpot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pphilpot For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 6th, 2016, 19:50   #12
GARRYVOLVO

Default Rest air bag warning light

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatos View Post
It won't reset itself no matter what you do. It needs the proper equipment to reset it. I have sold my EU702 long time ago and now have the proper Volvo DICE tool. If you are passing anywhere near East London/Essex, I will happily reset it for free. If you are too far from me, then there may be other members local to you who could reset the light for you. Check this map, with a list of people with Volvo diagnostic tools. See relevant thread here: http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=136759
How do I contact people with the tool? I see someone from Bolton djdarrenpilk how do I contact them I'm new to the sight?
GARRYVOLVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2020, 16:52   #13
Choppiholla

Quote:
It won't reset itself no matter what you do. It needs the proper equipment to reset it. I have sold my EU702 long time ago and now have the proper Volvo DICE tool. If you are passing anywhere near East London/Essex, I will happily reset it for free. If you are too far from me, then there may be other members local to you who could reset the light for you. Check this map, with a list of people with Volvo diagnostic tools. See relevant thread here: http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=136759
Hi, would you still be able to reset srs airbag lights? Mine came on recently after (I think) moving the seat around to fold down the rear seats. I live in East London (forest gate area) so hopefully am not far! I have an 03 s40 Thanks in advance!
Choppiholla is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Choppiholla For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 8th, 2020, 18:45   #14
CharlesStevenson
Premier Member

Choppiholla AFAIK, yes Gatos can still reset the airbag light, assuming it's not something more serious, of course.

My car's got the same problem but haven't been down to East London as yet to check mine out.

Here's when I asked him in March this year but when the MOT's were rolled out for 6 months I've not got round to dealing with this as yet.

https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=304540

As you're round the corner it should be easy for you to get this sorted.
The Following User Says Thank You to CharlesStevenson For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 8th, 2020, 23:58   #15
gatos
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choppiholla View Post
Hi, would you still be able to reset srs airbag lights? Mine came on recently after (I think) moving the seat around to fold down the rear seats. I live in East London (forest gate area) so hopefully am not far! I have an 03 s40 Thanks in advance!
Yes, not a problem at all. Will pm you my number

Nullius in Verba
gatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10th, 2020, 10:14   #16
bimmer49
Always listen & learn!

I'm in Winchester for the next 10 weeks with facilities to diagnose and put the light out and that's not with a sharp stick.
The Following User Says Thank You to bimmer49 For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 27th, 2021, 18:06   #17
Perlos

Default Need a quick reset. Failed MOT...

Quote:
Yes, not a problem at all. Will pm you my number
I've got caught with the light on when taking my 2002 V40 for MOT today. Going to give disconnecting and reconnecting the cables a fiddle under the seat but will still be stuck for the reset and not keen on paying £70 to perform the diag by the garage for something so simple (currently booked in for Thurs if all else fails though).

@gastos - would I be able to swing by you for a reset if you're around tonight / tomorrow? I'm Clapton way.
I know a bit of a big ask on short notice.

Got an ODB2 Bluetooth adapter arriving tomorrow but I'm not expecting much luck from what you've said.
Perlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2021, 16:44   #18
gatos
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perlos View Post
I've got caught with the light on when taking my 2002 V40 for MOT today. Going to give disconnecting and reconnecting the cables a fiddle under the seat but will still be stuck for the reset and not keen on paying £70 to perform the diag by the garage for something so simple (currently booked in for Thurs if all else fails though).

@gastos - would I be able to swing by you for a reset if you're around tonight / tomorrow? I'm Clapton way.
I know a bit of a big ask on short notice.

Got an ODB2 Bluetooth adapter arriving tomorrow but I'm not expecting much luck from what you've said.
I am located in Barking, East London/Essex. Will PM you my contact details

Nullius in Verba
gatos is offline   Reply With Quote