Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General > 700/900 Series Wants

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

alloys 740 gl

Views : 3977

Replies : 46

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 17th, 2011, 17:02   #21
brodgar
I've Been Banned

furthermoore it might interested you (or not)

that the volvo owners manual fi states that a car equipped with 15 inch wheels
carries a 14 inch special spare.
( i suppose that was rude of me).
brodgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17th, 2011, 17:25   #22
bookerbill
Trader

cheers matey
bookerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17th, 2011, 17:27   #23
bookerbill
Trader

i was going to take more pictures of the car i bought from pro-flock ] but weather not the best in lpool again i say the car is fantastic really impressed .
bookerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bookerbill For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 17th, 2011, 17:56   #24
Prufrock
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyvic View Post
thankyou for comment about a load of rubish re 14 and change to 15 probably need spacers its obvious to me that you dont want to look at other peoples comments because you consider yourself far more superior to others on this forum therefor put a sock in it and let others give their view without the rude comments from yourself i dont like it and i am sure other members dont...
I think you are either naive or deliberately misunderstanding Brodgar, he is a very knowledgeable asset to this forum, as are a number of other regular contributors(I don't include myself). He is merely pointing out that your information is technically misleading if not downright incorrect - you may believe it to be"true"but it is not.

When technical issues are raised, facts not opinions need to be discussed,questions yes, answers yes; but not opinions. Opinions are subjective and should best be reserved for discussions on, let's say,"cosmetic improvements".

You'll probably find that most of us are interested in improving our cars, and even modifying beyond the factory spec: but probably retrofitting factory improvements and options.

I don't take his comments as"rude", your response clearly is.

Make the most of the invaluable knowledge resource. Listen to the wise men and learn grasshopper

Prufrock.

Last edited by Prufrock; Jul 17th, 2011 at 17:59.
Prufrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17th, 2011, 18:40   #25
sunnyvic
VOC Member

Smile brodgar/740 wheels

its just that every time i see on tte forum youre answers always tend to sound superior to everyone elses answers. as regards the wheel change then a certain dealer of volvo must be wrong so i say sorry on their behalf and mine and although i disagree i must have read your content wrong,but thing i will say is that i would never pull up a forum member unless it was outright bad language which i would never use on the forum any way, i dont call the word rude as incourteous..sunnyvic.. ok i have said sorry lets leave it at that but i will remember not to get involved when i see you on any forum replies. and i dont try to get others behind me ok..sunnyvic
sunnyvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17th, 2011, 19:25   #26
sunnyvic
VOC Member

Smile brodgar to sunnyvic

I Have been hassled enough in your pms to me to say sorry,sorry ,sorry and i have slapped my own wrist so sorry to you profrock as well i must have misread sorry guys at the next national i will proclaim i am sorry sorry...sunnyvic and whoever you are be careful in your incourteous remarks to me...
Old Jul 17th, 2011, 19:56   #27
brodgar
I've Been Banned

Default hassle

Sir, you have not been hassled in PM.

This statement of yours already qualifies for libel.
Again ÿou provide me with a derogatory remark aimed at me personally.

In PM I explained what you might not have understood and how I see it.

I also gave you a easy way out by posting in this thread "" i might have misread the posting load of rubbish"".

If you wish to be insulting in public , than be prepared to apologise in public.

signed, Brodgar
Old Jul 17th, 2011, 19:58   #28
brodgar
I've Been Banned

Default threat

quote """"whoever you are be careful in your incourteous remarks to me..""

so you make threats as well now.
Old Jul 17th, 2011, 20:10   #29
Prufrock
I've Been Banned

Can I arbitrate guys.

I think this thread has run itself out, we're no longer discussing wheels.

Agreed we're all Volvo owners and if not good friends then at least not enemies?

"I grow old, I grow old, shall I wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled?"

Prufrock.
Prufrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17th, 2011, 20:27   #30
sunnyvic
VOC Member

Smile sunnyvic says sorry

ok so let me say this i have made no libel remark to you whatsoever and i have made no threats either i read all three pms that you sent one after the other and i have already apoligised is that the word you want instead of the word sorry ..why do keep nibbling away at something i have already said sorry for' please get off my back its sore enough already. in my handbook a14 spare goes with 14inch wheels and 15 goes with 15inch wheels,and for your information i have decided to maybe withdraw from the forum i dont need the hassle and the stress just because i made a mistake,,sunnyvic.i will not reply to any further posts from yourself....