Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General Forum for the P3-platform S80 and 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

4C Suspension

Views : 1913

Replies : 13

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 16th, 2014, 00:22   #1
Backhill1
Master Member

Default 4C Suspension

Has anyone a diagnostic guide on the 4C suspension system, or a definitive set of parameters?

I have an intermittent (once in a blue moon) fault and the dealer found a stored code that it was the NSF shock absorber?

So I cleaned all the connections, checked the wiring and had nothing for over 10K and all of a sudden it has re appeared again intermittently.

I checked the continuity through all the connections and had exactly the same throughout all the units (front and rear) so I think you can understand my reluctance to shell out close to a grand!.

Also I tried the car with one disconnected and it showed no fault?

And surely if I had a faulty component the trend or fault would be consistent? I just don’t have a lot of faith in our local dealer to go the extra mile.

I have a feeling this is more like a wiring / connection issue than a component and knowing how this all works would be of a great advantage.

I know I should shell out for Vida Dice but I’m hopeless with computers and think the chances of me getting it working are probably the same as people coming from mars.

Oh it is possible this a new fault that I am now confusing as a little more regular (I hope I don’t need two shocks)??

I understand the Monroe ones are cheaper, I checked the site and nothing listed for my model has anyone had any success?

Also the system is always fully functioning and I can change mode etc. at all times???

Thanks in advance for all help and assistance.
Backhill1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16th, 2014, 00:41   #2
harveys
Master Member

If you have unplugged one and went for a drive it should have said service required or the likes.

Monroe supply Volvo,Volvo don't make them they get them from Monroe.

Is this the site you have looked at ?.

http://shocksandmore.co.uk/

Then look here.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct...7TCeoFbKlQ0Sgg

Last edited by harveys; Sep 16th, 2014 at 00:51.
harveys is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to harveys For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 16th, 2014, 12:27   #3
Dtp

Premier motor factors in Walsall have them in stock ( Monroe C2501) for £328 a pair free delivery. You will need to have the sum re-calibrated with dice after fitting. I would change them in pairs.
Dtp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dtp For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 16th, 2014, 21:26   #4
Backhill1
Master Member

I couldnt find anything listed for 07 on (mine is a 08) with 4C in the monroe catalogue.

Thanks a lot will check this out. ID it possible for the fault to be intermittent with the shock's?

My thoughts were it was a solenoid that would either work or not varying the oil flow. Hence why if continuity was ok then the unit must be ok?

Just to confirm is this number for an XC70 as i could also find for a V70??

That Amazon link is a really good price.

Last edited by Backhill1; Sep 16th, 2014 at 21:30.
Old Oct 5th, 2014, 18:30   #5
Backhill1
Master Member

Doing a lot of digging an looks like the monroe numbers for a XC70 could be as follows.
Front N/S C2510 and O/S C2511 and Rear C1513.
Im waiting on tech support to confirm but these are listed for a V70 and the standard shocks have the same part number so im hoping this will work out.
Its less that half the price for two than one from Volvo.
Old Apr 3rd, 2018, 23:01   #6
lucombo
Luca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backhill1 View Post
Doing a lot of digging an looks like the monroe numbers for a XC70 could be as follows.
Im waiting on tech support to confirm but these are listed for a V70 and the standard shocks have the same part number so im hoping this will work out.
Hi Backhill, I was wondering if you had any news from Volvo about fitting the 2510 and the 1513 on the XC70.
Thanks
lucombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2019, 14:37   #7
lucombo
Luca

Default Any news?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backhill1 View Post
Hi! Any news for the Shocks?
Cheers,
Luca
Old Mar 17th, 2019, 14:41   #8
Bonefishblues
Premier Member

Backhill hasn't visited for a couple of months.
Bonefishblues is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2019, 19:39   #9
lucombo
Luca

Default Anyone else that can help?

Is there anyone else that has replaced the 4C shocks with the Monroes aftermarket on a XC70 II 2007?

From ebay sellers the automatic car fitting finder always says they are alright for my model year but when I give them the VIN, they always say the Monroe C1513 (Rear) dont't fit in my car?

I suspect it is because my model is from 09/2007 so among the very first that came to the market and probably there is a mismatch with VIN data base. Perhaps Volvo was still using the old VIN codes form the previous XC 70 model that was still on the market when the phase II came out.

The C1513 ones fit The V70 III which is basically the same car.

Thanks in advance.
Enoy.

Luca
Old Mar 17th, 2019, 19:45   #10
Bonefishblues
Premier Member

It's basically the same car, but not the same car iyswim!
Bonefishblues is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bonefishblues For This Useful Post: