Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General > 850/x70 S1 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

1999 V70 T5 Manual + LPG

Views : 333

Replies : 0

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 19th, 2024, 13:27   #1
Jamesdc

Default 1999 V70 T5 Manual + LPG

This has to be one of the best V70 classics in the country. The car has been enthusiast owned throughout and I should think is only going to rise in value as good T5 factory manual cars become harder to find.

The car comes with a huge folder of categorised receipts and paperwork. It has a full service history and all the original paperwork that came with the car.

There is the added bonus with this particular vehicle that it was professionally converted to run on both LPG and petrol. The system is a high quality sequential BRC system with 5 individual injectors and currently costs me about 13p a mile in fuel. That is the cost equivalent to a petrol car returning ~50 miles to the gallon. There is a 50L tank under the boot floor in the spare wheel well and gets approximately 240 miles of mixed range. When driving to the french alps on the autoroutes I have seen ~320 miles from one tank of LPG though. Not bad running costs for a 250bhp five-cylinder bus.

However, because I am an enthusiast for these cars and this car in particular, those fuel savings have been reinvested in the car and every problem has been fettled and repaired and multiple upgrades have been made to the car.

I will include a list at the bottom of this advert including all the things I have done to the car and all the things the car comes with, but most notably it has had all the big ticket items done relatively recently. The cambelt is not due, the problematic ETM module has been replaced with a new contactless one from Volvo, the turbo has been replaced and the clutch and flywheel have been changed too. I have also rebuilt the LPG condenser with all new seals and a new diaphragm under the tuition of Solihull Autogas LTD.

The bodywork, for a 25 year old, 260,000 mile car is really very good, there are a few car park dings and scrapes, but the dark Nautic Blue paint means that they kind of disappear, as the bumper underneath is dark too. However they would benefit from a localised repair. I had the paint professionally detailed last year and the results are fantastic. It presents incredibly well.

I have taken the car on many road trips to Scotland, France, Wales, Scotland again, Yorkshire, and France again. It has been a wonderful companion and I will really miss it. Each time it was fast, unassuming, reliable and cheap.
I would really love this car to go to another enthusiast who can keep loving it and most importantly using it.

There really is too much to mention in this part of the ad, so I will leave you with this list of all the plus points of the car, as well as a list of the negatives I can think of.

Plus Points:

Nautic Blue
Factory manual
BRC LPG conversion with certificate - Cost £2k - Works perfectly and I recently rebuilt the condenser with all new diaphragms and seals. I average 13p a mile on LPG which is an equivalent cost to run as a petrol car getting 50 miles to the gallon.
Brand new ETM throttle body from Volvo with contactless sensors
V70R front bumper (£400)
Genuine Volvo floor mats
BC Racing adjustable coilovers (£1000+)
New lower control arms and ARB links at ~240k
Oil and filter changed at 260k (genuine Volvo)
New brakes and fluid all round at 260k (all Brembo with painted bells and vanes)
New front brake calipers at 260k
New genuine Volvo coolant at 250k
Gearbox oil changed at 235k
Solid aluminium front subframe mounts
IPD front and rear ARBs (£200) - rear not fitted yet as I haven’t had to do anything to the rear Delta-links during my time with the car
C70 crystal headlights
“Egg crate” front grille
BSR intake kit (£180)
Front strut brace
Recent MOT - no advisories since 2018
Incredible history file
Both sets of keys and book pack
17” refurbished comet wheels (correct 7J width for V70s) wrapped in Michelin Pilot Sport 5 (205/45/17) (£700)
16” perfo wheels with winter tyres
Space Saver spare wheel
Thule flush roof bars (optional)
DO88 Intercooler (£412)
16T Turbo replaced at ~200k (£600)
Clutch and flywheel at ~200k along with new shifter bushes - gear change is fantastic.
Stainless steel Scorpion exhaust (£600)
IPD Turbo control valve
2 big storage tubs of spares and original parts to put it completely back to standard (optional)
-Coil packs
-Dash switchgear
-Door Seals
-Clips
-Brackets
-Spark plugs
-Brake pads
-Brake calipers
-Steering wheel
-Boot trims
-Exterior trims
-Headlights
-Indicator units
-Fog lights
-Window switches
-Original airbox
-Spare headlight wiper arms and motors
-Much more
Spare front wings in Nautic Blue
3x Spare Doors in Nautic Blue
Spare front bumper in Nautic Blue
Spare tailgate in Nautic Blue
Injectors ultrasonically cleaned
Powerflex silicone upper engine mount
Recent lower offside engine mount (genuine volvo)
New rear bumper brackets
Inspected under rear wheel arch liners and found no rust on seat belt anchorage - common place on these. Re-undersealed anyway for future-proofing (photos available)
Witter tow bar with factory volvo electrics and factory Volvo towball cover
New coolant and power-steering bottles
Tailgate trim kit fitted to stop rattles
Metal flip down dog guard
Factory retractable boot cover - rebuilt with kit and still retracts
6 CD multichanger (not fitted)
Bluetooth fitted to original head unit
Hardwired dash cam
Rebuilt rear wiper mechanism
Aircon re-gassed mid 2023
New tailgate boot struts
Cheap classic insurance
Child seat integrated into rear armrest
Genuine OEM Volvo boot cushion set
New Bosch wipers front and rear in the last month (new aftermarket headlight wiper blades too)
Original Tamplins Volvo dealer number plates remade with period correct font

Negatives:

Couple of scratches on front and rear bumpers
Small tear in drivers seat
Some wear on side of centre console
Small scrape on passenger rear wheel arch - minimal and was touched in. Continually inspected during my ownership and it has remained exactly the same.

£5000 to another forum member.

Thanks for reading!

Pictures - https://imgur.com/a/ShxUn4j