Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC90 Insurance in N.I

Views : 571

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 20th, 2017, 12:17   #1
05XC90

Default XC90 Insurance in N.I

Anyone have any reccommendations?

My wife's insurance is up for renewal and the quotes seem high to me, currently with admiral. Direct line won't quote, another company said they can't be competitive as it's over 10yr old. I've done the usual gocompare and Zenith coming in the cheapest with a £200 excess.

Any suggestions welcome
05XC90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2017, 14:35   #2
SwissXC90
Premier Member

Whatever you get, spare a thought for continental Europeans
My XC90 annual insurance is 1000 CHF (around 800 GBP or 880 EUR) for third-party liability, fire, theft and glass. Does not cover parking dings.
And of course with an excess but I forget how much, so enjoy your "low" (to me) rates...
XC90 R-Design MY2009, Black Sapphire Metallic. HP-Sound, RSE, Nav, Tel, ParkingCam, BLIS, ParkingHeater, RestHeat, Removable Towbar, Summer: CRATUS 20x8 on Pirelli Scorpion Zeros 255/45, Winter: NEPTUNE 17x7 on Continental WinterContact 4x4 235/65.
SwissXC90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2017, 14:46   #3
Dancake
Premier Member

I renewed with Admiral as they were the cheapest out of all insurers, but that didn't stop them trying to add 25% to last years premium. Two minutes on the phone with them and they were immediately able to match last years quote. I did have to take people off my policy to get it cheaper though.
Dancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21st, 2017, 14:32   #4
NI_Volvo_Nut
Volvologist

Tesco was the cheapest for my S60 but when I changed to an OLDER V70 T5 they doubled their premium, I then changed to Hastings who beat the next lowest quote by over £100. Chris Knott I think it is advertise on the forum but they have never been competitive for me. My wife is insure with Autoline who also insure my 740.

What's the matter with the car I'm driving?
Can't you tell that it's out of style?
Should I get a set of white wall tires?
Are you gonna cruise the miracle mile?
NI_Volvo_Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21st, 2017, 22:38   #5
DAN AT ADRIAN FLUX
Trader

Hi,
Please feel free to give us a try for insurance of you like. If you wanted to PM me some contact details I'd be happy to arrange for one of my quotes team to give you a call back.
Regards,
Dan.
DAN AT ADRIAN FLUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2017, 23:09   #6
05XC90

Cheers, got back to current company today and managed to almost match cheapest quote I got, but much better cover!
05XC90 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 05XC90 For This Useful Post: