Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

MY19 Factory Order Acceptance????

Views : 1998

Replies : 16

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 4th, 2018, 19:30   #1
Waggatron

Default MY19 Factory Order Acceptance????

Has anyone in the UK had a MY19 order factory accepted yet?

It's been nearly a month since I ordered my MY19 XC60. Browsing the XC40 forum, it seems they are experiencing the same issue....factory not yet open for MY19 production.

What's happening in XC90, V90 etc etc land?

It's all rather frustrating...and I'm slightly worried that the mid June estimate (from dealer) could turn out to be a later and later.......
Waggatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4th, 2018, 19:55   #2
lalith16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waggatron View Post
Has anyone in the UK had a MY19 order factory accepted yet?
When I asked my dealership regarding the order acceptance this is what I have been informed:

“Yes sir, your order has most certainly been accepted. 😊”

That sounds a certain ‘yes’ to me.
Old Apr 5th, 2018, 14:15   #3
Waggatron

I've had an email through today from Volvo Customer Services after I asked for an update on factory acceptance. Extract below:

"The factory are currently working through the holding pool in order to allocate build slots. MY19 production starts 23rd April so we can assure you there is still time.

We expect orders to be allocated slots within the next few weeks, and the dealership will be updated. I’m sure as soon as the dealership have an update for you they will be in contact to advise."

So I guess I need to sit tight, stop fretting and allow the pool to be drained. I still think mid June is now optimistic for delivery given they aren't starting building MY19 until late April. Fingers crossed that a RHD batch is first through :0)
Old Apr 5th, 2018, 14:24   #4
Considered1
Premier Member

I had this when MY15 had just been announced, I was one of the first to order, certainly not THE first but def in the first week. Factory opened the line in April, my car was built around 21st May and I was driving it away 6th June.
Considered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Considered1 For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 5th, 2018, 14:47   #5
lalith16

By the way I forgot to mention it in my last reply that the lock-down date I was given is 20th April beyond which the order gets finalised and no changes can be made to the build spec. I notice this coincides which the production start date of 23rd April.
Old Apr 5th, 2018, 17:27   #6
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Quote:
I've had an email through today from Volvo Customer Services after I asked for an update on factory acceptance. Extract below:

"The factory are currently working through the holding pool in order to allocate build slots. MY19 production starts 23rd April so we can assure you there is still time.

We expect orders to be allocated slots within the next few weeks, and the dealership will be updated. I’m sure as soon as the dealership have an update for you they will be in contact to advise."

So I guess I need to sit tight, stop fretting and allow the pool to be drained. I still think mid June is now optimistic for delivery given they aren't starting building MY19 until late April. Fingers crossed that a RHD batch is first through :0)
You should still get your car early to mid June, the above is normal and happens every year, the factory stops and sets up production for the 2019 MY, then resumes production with the updated models, this is exactly how it worked for me when I ordered my XC90 in spring 2016, I picked up my new 2017 MY car on the 9th June 2016.
nu11eaf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nu11eaf For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 5th, 2018, 19:11   #7
2funky

I got my XC60 MY19 car factory accepted with order production day between 27-30.05.18
2funky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2018, 10:57   #8
lalith16

Finally got few dates regarding my order:

Build date: 01/06/18
Estimated delivery date: 15/06/18

Been informed that the order has been accepted and the spec isn’t frozen as of today, which means I can still make changes. I am really getting excited now!!
Old Apr 6th, 2018, 15:16   #9
Waggatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalith16 View Post
Finally got few dates regarding my order:

Build date: 01/06/18
Estimated delivery date: 15/06/18

Been informed that the order has been accepted and the spec isn’t frozen as of today, which means I can still make changes. I am really getting excited now!!
That's great news Lalith. That will go by in a flash...... :0)
The Following User Says Thank You to Waggatron For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 6th, 2018, 18:24   #10
lalith16

Quote:
That's great news Lalith. That will go by in a flash...... :0)
I hope so; have you heard anything specific yet on yours?