Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General

Notices

S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General Forum for the P3-platform S80 and 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC70 D5 Gearbox Fluid Change

Views : 2712

Replies : 43

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 23rd, 2021, 12:19   #41
Bonefishblues
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XC90Mk1 View Post
Hey Bluefish bones,

Thanks for that. I wasn’t joking, that’s a good price and lukoil is reputable, I will get that!

I don’t suppose out of interest you have ever got hold of low cost AW-1 transmission oil have you? I would be happy to get it in 20l drums.
No, I haven't had the need as yet** - we got the XC70's ATF fully-changed on purchase so we've plenty miles to go yet.

We've had the Lukoil in for 10K miles since I had it changed at National Tyres last year (whose preferred supplier it was at that time) and all's well.

**Although I note that 20L of Comma AW1 is £98 on eBay, just at a cursory look.

Last edited by Bonefishblues; Jan 23rd, 2021 at 12:24.
Bonefishblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2021, 18:22   #42
zapcity1

I get my AW-1 from Smith Allan. £85 for 20litres. Enough for a full flush or 1/2 dozen sump dumps. Been good for my XC60.
Old Jan 25th, 2021, 22:47   #43
Kev0607
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XC90Mk1 View Post
I just got 6l engine oil, oil filter, sump plug washer, air filter and cabin filter for £115 delivered.

When I priced against Euro car parts it was cheaper to go direct to volvo.

Generally that’s been my experience.

Now granted, every oil filter for example says ‘Volvo Mann’ however many people on here seem very proud they can purchase unbranded parts at a higher cost than Volvo which to me is absolutely bizarre!!! ����
Personally, I never buy unbranded parts. I always tend to go for Mann, as I know they manufacture the filters for Volvo & probably many other car brands.

I got 6L of oil, oil filter, air filter, cabin filter & fuel filter for £92 (All Mann filters & Mobil oil).

I got the filters from a local parts store & the oil in Halfords, which happened to have a discount on oil at the time.
Old Jan 26th, 2021, 14:14   #44
Christerart
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashy View Post
FYI, you can save yourself about £100 doing it yourself, down here, my local indy wanted £150 to double flush with trans fluid.

I paid £40 for 20L Mannol off of eBay, plus the gaskets from Volvo oh and ya need a long funnel

I've been using Mannol JWS 3309 for years as the first thing I do after buying a new (used) Volvo is a couple of transmission dumps (Mannol and Lubeguard), new oil (Shell Helix Ultra, LIQUI MOLY Cera Tec and Mann filters) and often new tires.

I do an oil change and transmission dump as above every spring and fall.

Excessive perhaps but I've never had a problem with transmissions or engines..

Last time I bought 20 liters it was about £50 including shipping.

Best price now about £32 for 10 liters and £54 for 20.
The Following User Says Thank You to Christerart For This Useful Post: