Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

C70 rear passenger seat side panel removal

Views : 1557

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 16th, 2021, 22:21   #1
Aveton Gifford
VOC Member

Default C70 rear passenger seat side panel removal

Has anybody on here removed theirs and can advise me on how to proceed please, I am away from work for a couple of weeks and would like to get them done while I have the time.

Can't find anything on the net.

Thanks

2005 MY C70 2.0T MANUAL

2007 MY XC70 D5 AUTO
Aveton Gifford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2021, 23:41   #2
ITSv40
VOC Member

You have to remove the rear seat first and then the screws and clips on the side panel is accessible. Removing the seat is relatively easy but a bit time consuming. I'm sure there have been some guides published on here and if no-one posts a link I can write up a guide.
ITSv40 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ITSv40 For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 17th, 2021, 09:41   #3
happy diver
Active Member Moment

Yeah it's complicated

Put both front seats fully forward and get in the back facing the rear and then give
the squab some knee whilst lifting where that black thing on top of the carpet is!!!

20,000 leagues under the sea diving to adventure
in a silent world with my ceiling the waves...Emile
happy diver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to happy diver For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 18th, 2021, 17:50   #4
Aveton Gifford
VOC Member

Thanks chaps, I guess I'm going to have to wait until the rain stops then. The seat base is held in with the same type of clips as the one in my S60, when I removed that one, one of the black clips came off still attached to the base!

2005 MY C70 2.0T MANUAL

2007 MY XC70 D5 AUTO
Aveton Gifford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2021, 15:15   #5
ITSv40
VOC Member

How to remove the rear side panels.

Open the roof and stop the cycle once the roof is stowed in its compartment but before the cover lowers. Lower the windows.

Following Happydivers instructions above remove the rear seat cushion.

Look under the rear seat backrest for two bolts - one either side and near the outer seat edges. Undo the bolts. Do not undo the seat belts.

Remove the centre bolster from the seat backrest. Then pull the bottom of the backrest forward a little way sufficient to get your hand in from the centre and up under the headrest. You will see in Happydivers photo there are two white tubes in front of the roll over hoops and just below those two white catches. Feel for the catches and release whilst pulling up the headrest - they can be quite stiff. Once the headrests are removed lift the backrest up vertically to release the top edge, feed seat out from the seatbelts and remove from car.

Remove the ROPS covers - these just pull up and unclip from the bar. Undo the visible clips on the plastic panel surrounding the ROPS bars and seatbelts. Once the visible clips are removed pull up on the panel to release - there are two hidden clips under the top between the ROPS bars and the seatbelts - these can quite stiff and the only way to release them is to pull the panel up. You will most probably need new clips. Feed the seatbelts out of the panel and remove panel.

Remove the visible clip at the top rear of the side panel. Remove the connecting rod to the little standing up flap by the roof mechanism. The flap and hinge are part of the side panel and will be removed with the panel.

Remove the trim cover over the rear end of the front seatbelt bar. Remove the bolt from the bar and slide the bar out of the front seat and remove from belt.

Pull the door seal from the front edge of the side panel/frame and pull the end of the seal out of the moulded rubber seal at the top of the panel.

Remove the round plastic trim cover by the top of the front seatbelt. Undo the fixing underneath and remove the small panel around the seatbelt.

Do not try to remove the speaker grill - it is part of the side panel.

Having removed all visible trim clips, hold the bottom of the trim panel and gently pull away from the side. Once all clips are free, lift the panel upwards to release the top edge. Disconnect the wires to the interior light. Remove panel from car.

It is a good idea to replace the bulbs in the courtesy lights while the panel is off as the panel needs to be removed to change them. LED's work well and give a nice clean light.

Hope this helps.
ITSv40 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ITSv40 For This Useful Post: