Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Calling The Old Guard V50 T5 AWD Owners

Views : 375

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 19th, 2021, 15:26   #1
Wild Thing
Trader

Default Calling The Old Guard V50 T5 AWD Owners

I will ask a few questions no doubt as this is an ongoing project including tuning

1. will the ford st225 downpipe fit on the t5 AWD? I want to upgrade to 3" scorpion dp and decat.
Wild Thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2021, 17:26   #2
LizardOfBodom
WowIcanwriteAnythingHere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Thing View Post
I will ask a few questions no doubt as this is an ongoing project including tuning

1. will the ford st225 downpipe fit on the t5 AWD? I want to upgrade to 3" scorpion dp and decat.
From all my researches - nope, wont fit directly. Would on FWD model, not on AWD.
The Following User Says Thank You to LizardOfBodom For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 19th, 2021, 18:01   #3
Wild Thing
Trader

looking at shape of pipes on scorpion dealerzone they are not a million miles away from the shape of the awd down pipe. May I ask where your research showed the potential issues to see if I can find a workaround?
Old Jan 20th, 2021, 10:37   #4
LizardOfBodom
WowIcanwriteAnythingHere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Thing View Post
looking at shape of pipes on scorpion dealerzone they are not a million miles away from the shape of the awd down pipe. May I ask where your research showed the potential issues to see if I can find a workaround?
99% of info is from swedespeed, as you noticed AWD cars and owners here are almost non existent so lots of awd-related-only issues are easier to pin by with our US neighbours, AWD models there were pretty standard option and they only had 2.4i and T5 anyways.
I cant tell you exactly how those differ and how easy/difficult it is to make them fit, I just remember numbers of ppl confirming that downpipe for FWD and AWD differs because of different angling, by that logic oem ST pipe *most likely* wont fit.
I admit, above is based just on research I did about 3y ago, doubt something have changed since but by all means double check with other members and if Im wrong then hey, maybe good for me aswell
In my "compatibility issue" file, downpipe is listed among some other stuff like rear suspension, underbody parts, tank and some othe minor stuff that differs from FWD and also cant be used as aftermarket upgrade even if it fits T5 engine.
Welcome to AWD world
dont ask me how fun it is to get to fual pump on AWD model...
The Following User Says Thank You to LizardOfBodom For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 22nd, 2021, 10:51   #5
Wild Thing
Trader

Well the scorpion was very close but no cigar, I think it would work with fwd ok but it binds on the carrier for the awd. Probably could be modified to work but i will just flog it in and reevaluate the down pipe, has anyone used these look to be ok https://martelius.com/en/volvo-v50-s...decat-downpipe