Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 R Design Lux NAV 2.0 D4 FWD AUTO 8 SPEED - Massive Spec

Views : 4643

Replies : 35

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 7th, 2017, 10:59   #11
olly

I wish they did R Design with the option of removing the "sports" suspension. I think quite a few people would have chosen that. I really like the R Design seats but I'm told the difference in ride due to the suspension is quite significant I'd I'd like to do all I can so as not to feel the potholes.

Wheels are again down to personal preference. I'm not a huge fan of diamond cut styles since as soon as they're damaged there's not much you can do to save them except go for a solid colour. The lacquer never seems to last on a refurbishment and it's more expensive to do. Having said that - the 20 inch wheels on the D5 on Piston Heads do look pretty cool That seems quite a fair price for a car from a dealer. I've kind of got my heart set on a 2 litre 8 speed though for the economy and smoothness without too much drop in performance.

Your warranty and servicing, in my opinion, absolutely do add to the value and I'd have no problem paying a bit more - £300 maybe.
olly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7th, 2017, 14:17   #12
MikeIOW
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by olly View Post
<snip> but I think it had the rest of the spec you listed + sunroof + rear headrest DVD + adaptive cruise + detachable towbar (unused) + dog guard.
You mention adaptive cruise - that is part of the driver support pack, which I think IS on Considered1's car (& most excellent it is too!)
Old Aug 8th, 2017, 20:02   #13
andrewpain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Considered1 View Post
Sounds like a good deal.

on the road prices MY15 pricelist gives a £1200 premium to the RDesign Lux Nav over an SE lux Nav but they both come well spec'd in most folks opinion.

Visually other than the RDesign styling you get some better wheels, crucially for me the sport seats were a different class but that again puts them apart. A lot will prefer the softer ride of the SE.

With the mileage difference I wasn't expecting offers above £20k and I'm still unsure what price to put on a warranty plus two years free servicing, oh and the EGR fix!.. makes the decision to keep it much easier when there is nothing to do to it..I'll get the polestar upgrade on Tuesday, see if the front pads need changing yet (amazed how long they have lasted) and get another two Nokian All seasons on before winter.
interested to know what you think of the Polestar upgrade...I'd be attracted to it but think £800+ is a lot. Have seen some offering it for £700 or less, but not near me. Seems dealers here stick to the £835 list.
Old Aug 8th, 2017, 20:41   #14
Considered1
Premier Member

Just had it done this afternoon, defo worth it on the auto box just seems as it should be now, you can plant your foot to the floor and it just goes!

Although it was chucking it down on the way back, not been able to break traction (although only very briefly with the all-seasons tyres) in 2nd and 3rd before! the Fun is there when you want it.!..

I paid just less than £720 inc vat. Excellent service as ever from the boys at Mill Volvo Service, Knaresborough... ask around nicely and you should get it for around this price including Elk who advertise on here, although I suppose they just put you in touch with a dealer?

Great news on the front pads, still only 60% worn at 46,000 miles so a good amount of miles left in those, even with my lad ont he insurance now!

Last edited by Considered1; Aug 8th, 2017 at 20:48.
Considered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8th, 2017, 21:40   #15
andrewpain

so you're still grinning then?
my insurer, Quote me Happy, won't cover me, but LV= will, and it'll cost me about £40 over the un-modded price, QMH were £40 less when I insured in march, so it's about £80 a year extra for the upgrade. Have to tell them.....
glad you're pleased. Enjoy it:-)
Old Aug 10th, 2017, 16:12   #16
Considered1
Premier Member

Default Direct Line Insurance

Just incase anyone doesnt want to read the rest of this
I AM STILL OPEN TO OFFERS - NOW WITH POLESTAR UPGRADE!

The bad news, Direct Line, currently (subject to complaint) will not insure my 21 year old son to drive the Volvo after informing them of the Polestar optimisation.
Despite going through various tele operators who have spoken to the underwriters and NO is the answer. No HP increases until you are 25!

Lets remember this Polestar optimisation is purely a software upgrade/download and takes it from 181 hp to 200hp. 0-100km is 0.1 sec's quicker - exactly!

So why then do direct line already insure my son to drive his own 330 Ci Sport with 231 hp and is way quicker than this volvo could ever dream of being.. ah its a lower value car, which it is.

Ok get this then, why if i change my car to an Audi RS6 that is worth more than my car, but has 560hp and 0-60 in 4.5 seconds or whatever it is would they happily take the change to the policy and want just £204.96 till next June renewal! - absolutely ridiculous. I have informed them that a later model D4 is now 190 and the new D5 XC90's etc that have the same 2.0 Deisel engine with over 200 hp, all fine to buy!

If I volunteer that any car is modified in anyway they decline for a 21 year old but if it is a stock car then its fine and its peanuts to insure.

I have various theories about insurance companies but dont want to waste anymore of good peoples time but value your thoughts and experiences and of course offers as I'm going to have a problem moving his uni stuff around without him driving an estate, and I really dont want to cancel the multicar policy and move elsewhere mid term..
Old Aug 10th, 2017, 18:12   #17
Copperbottom01

Interesting to read Knaresborough Mill Volvo impressed. I am based in Harrogate and will soon be calling in to see if my MY2011 XC60 D3 Drive FWD can be Polestar upgraded.
Copperbottom01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10th, 2017, 21:57   #18
Crockers
Premier Member

NFU peanuts extra.
Old Aug 11th, 2017, 09:55   #19
olly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Considered1 View Post
Just incase anyone doesnt want to read the rest of this
I AM STILL OPEN TO OFFERS - NOW WITH POLESTAR UPGRADE!
...I'm still looking ....and would mellow on the sunroof requirement.

Do you have another car you can use so that you're in a position to sell now?

I can make you a much lower offer than what you're asking (but higher than you'd get from a dealer or webuyanycar) and it's going to smart a bit, especially as to me the Polestar upgrade doesn't add to the value.

I guess it depends on what you want to hold out for and your motivation for selling now the RS6 has gone.
olly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2017, 11:06   #20
Considered1
Premier Member

Hi Olly, I appreciate your interest but I dont think my car has the features you desire or value and wont be going for Auction prices, I have another car and I find educating dealers a challenge but they are learning they can make money on stuff they take the time to research.

Cars come up all the time for me, looking at one this week, so I'm open to all offers by PM. I am not starting a Dutch Auction here. If you dont have sufficient posts to PM then use the autotrader link while its there. I would suggest you try a few vehicles and establish what you really want/dislike/value etc. This is not a basic R Design. Post away and ask the questions you are now starting to ask and we will help you find a vehicle that you are happy with.. best wishes

Tags
xc60 rdesign lux nav auto