Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

handing back a car on PCP - VW/Skoda finance

Views : 2286

Replies : 20

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 18th, 2018, 07:53   #11
The Thong
VOC Member

Two months for a brake calliper? That’s ridiculous, it’s an off the shelf part. I had this with Citroen, a week to get an injector pipe for their central stores and a further three weeks to fit it.... Blown turbo, a month to diagnose and replace under warranty. Both Honda and Volvo have never been anymore than a week, they’ve won my loyalty

TT
The Following User Says Thank You to The Thong For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 18th, 2018, 08:17   #12
HDAV
Master Member

Unlikely but have you asked what the part ex value is with Volvo? Compared to the balloon? If they offer you more than the gfmv easy answer........

Also,consider asking a body shop to hand over prep the car they may sting you for every stone chip and blemish....

Trying another dealer is also,a good option even if they are some distance away.
HDAV is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HDAV For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 18th, 2018, 12:21   #13
AndyJudge
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuT4 View Post
thank you chaps.

i spoke with VW finance about the mechanical problem - apparantly this has to be sorted before its handed back to them - even though its a manufacturing fault which would be covered by warranty. even if it takes the local stealer 4-6 weeks to sort, it needs to be done. so i've sent the local dealer an email asking them to sort asap.
Apparantly the spare wheel which i paid for in the overall agreement needs to go back. i'll swipe the boot mat, triangle and ipad holders as they were on a seperate invoice. i'd rather let the dog sleep on the boot mat rather than give it back to them.

i've been given a list of fees if anything is damaged or missing - most of them are listed as "dealer to price" so it could be a bottomless pit. thankfully i've kept the car neatr and tidy and its only the steering rack grind which sorted.
they can learn about the other faults when they punt the car on including:
drivers door seal excessive wind noise at motorway speeds.
automatic gear knob sharp plastic had cut fingers about a dozen times.
speaker farts on big bass.
badly corroded (not worn) rear discs - just poor steel discs which corode like no other disc i've seen.

thats on top of the numerous things i've already had sorted. i thought a german brand would give good reliability and build quality - my 10 year S60 feels better put together.

can't wait to get back to a volvo.
Can't you find the email Addr of the MD of Skoda UK (Or the importers ?) then email them copying in Watchdog, Auto Express etc... Bit of cheek but may help to move things along.
Or post to their social media accounts.
Previous 2001 C70 T5 GT Auto Convertible - Saffron
Previous 1999 S40 XS - Silver
AndyJudge is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AndyJudge For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 18th, 2018, 13:11   #14
Beavis
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDAV View Post
Unlikely but have you asked what the part ex value is with Volvo? Compared to the balloon? If they offer you more than the gfmv easy answer........

Also,consider asking a body shop to hand over prep the car they may sting you for every stone chip and blemish....

Trying another dealer is also,a good option even if they are some distance away.
good point - i never thought about a part exchange. when i looking into a part exchange for another new Superb last november, there was apparantly a £1k shortfall.
the car is very good condition cosmetically. just the annoying mechanical stuff. i'll give it a good valet at the weekend and then decide what to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thong View Post
Two months for a brake calliper? That’s ridiculous, it’s an off the shelf part. I had this with Citroen, a week to get an injector pipe for their central stores and a further three weeks to fit it.... Blown turbo, a month to diagnose and replace under warranty. Both Honda and Volvo have never been anymore than a week, they’ve won my loyalty
TT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Rooster View Post
I would be optimistic that such a common part would be already in the UK.
i would hope so too - i expect its the same part as is in the passatt/A6 so hopefully they have it. but it took them 3 weeks to get a new load cover/parcel shelf when the spring in mine stopped it automatically retracting and 4 weeks for a vent for the 2nd row - so nothing would surprise me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksmi View Post
Stu,I don't know what sort of breakdown cover they (Skoda/Vag) do, but have you thought about 'Doing a breakdown' Not too far from home, "Steering too bad/safety etc." picked up straight to dealer.for rectification. Jumping the queue,so to speak? worth a try?
Regards,Keith.
good point. hadn't thought of trying it away from home, but the Skoda Assist tech told me when they came to my house it was safe to drive and i'd need to book it in myself.
i've told my local dealer than i've now given the VT notice to Skoda and need it sorted asap as car will be collected in May. the Skoda Assist tech told me the steering rack on this car is a massive job, so i've already prewarned the dealer i'll need a similar courtesy car - they previously offered me a Fabia (the second smallest in their range).

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJudge View Post
Can't you find the email Addr of the MD of Skoda UK (Or the importers ?) then email them copying in Watchdog, Auto Express etc... Bit of cheek but may help to move things along.
good point. in the space of a few months i've gone from looking to buy a Superb Sportline/Kodiaq when i was thinking to change last year, to not wanting to touch them with a bargepole. i didn't have time to do it last week as i was off on holiday, but now i'm back i'll certainly make a noise.
Beavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18th, 2018, 20:56   #15
volvo145
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thong View Post

TT
I know its ridiculous but I was not alone due to them being on back order and the part you could not get off the shelf.I could have had one shipped over from the states but I wouldn't of had any warranty.
volvo145 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to volvo145 For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 18th, 2018, 21:53   #16
The Thong
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvo145 View Post
I know its ridiculous but I was not alone due to them being on back order and the part you could not get off the shelf.I could have had one shipped over from the states but I wouldn't of had any warranty.
Must be a licdnced part, I had this when I run VW LT pickups though. They have a gun to your head sadly, car ownership eh?

TT
Old Apr 18th, 2018, 22:08   #17
HDAV
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuT4 View Post
good point - i never thought about a part exchange. when i looking into a part exchange for another new Superb last november, there was apparantly a £1k shortfall.
the car is very good condition cosmetically. just the annoying mechanical stuff. i'll give it a good valet at the weekend and then decide what to do.
In 6 months you will have paid off a lot more a mate had merc went to px it and the car was worth to the dealer £5k less than the gmfv so he handed the keys back sword off merc and is trying to get them for miss selling......
HDAV is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to HDAV For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 19th, 2018, 08:51   #18
ksmi
Master Member

Cool

Stut4, morning , did you receive my PM? Regards,Keith.
Old Apr 19th, 2018, 08:56   #19
Beavis
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJudge View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksmi View Post
Stut4, morning , did you receive my PM? Regards,Keith.
thanks Keith,
many thanks for that. very helpful. i'll send something over to them tonight or tomorrow.
Old Apr 19th, 2018, 09:05   #20
Beavis
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDAV View Post
In 6 months you will have paid off a lot more a mate had merc went to px it and the car was worth to the dealer £5k less than the gmfv so he handed the keys back sword off merc and is trying to get them for miss selling......
i asked Volvo for a PX on my Skoda.
it came back at £14000 @ 30 months old based on an unseen valuation.
WeBuyAnyCar came back at £13600.
Finance o/s is c.£16000.
GMFV next may (42 months) is £12078.
List price was £31000, but i managed to get it for £29000.

Its a no brainer to ditch it now. i was gobsmacked that its lost approx £500 per month since i've had it. At the time of the sale they said customers almost always have equity in the car to go into the next deal..... hmmm...at this rate its unlikely to be worth the £12000 in 12 months time!

I've priced up a lease on a V90 and that equates to £330 per month for 8000 miles, with premium metallic, plus i reckon i'll need to pay another £13per month to add another 2000 annual miles, so £340 ish for a £40k list price car v's £500+ for a £31k. looks like another no brainer.
I only went for the PCP as i thought i'd have a bit of an asset with a bit of equity at the end - silly me!

Last edited by Beavis; Apr 19th, 2018 at 09:21.