Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Towing and Caravan Topics
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Towing and Caravan Topics A forum for all towing/caravanning related topics

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Tyrepal TPMS (retrofit) - opinions?

Views : 1315

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Nov 4th, 2018, 00:52   #1
c_lee
VOC26332

Default Tyrepal TPMS (retrofit) - opinions?

Earlier this year we attended a C&CC THS at Sandringham flower show and on the way there I had a tyre blowout on the caravan.

I was on the A1(M) at the time and the hard shoulder was coned off for quite a distance so I couldn't stop to investigate.

I put the flashers on and crawled in lane 1 at about 10mph until I could stop but I must have done several miles like that.

When I did stop the tyre was totally shredded and the hard shoulder was too narrow to do a wheel change safely so I continued to the next services which we had seen signposted a little earlier.

At the services I put my spare on then continued about 90 more miles to Sandringham.

During our time at Sandringham I had two new tyres fitted to the caravan.

The shredded tyre caused damage to the wheel spat which I found difficult to find a replacement for.

With that sequence of events in mind I'm thinking of buying a Tyrepal TPMS to monitor the caravan's tyres.

Is there anyone here uses such a system and if so what is your opinion of it.

Tyrepal's range is claimed to be about 7 metres and, wouldn't you know it, I measured the distance from the caravan's axle to my dasboard and it is just about 7 metres - will it cope?

I know you can get a repeater to extend the range but that is at extra cost.

Anyone here use Tyrepal?

Coln

Tags
tpms, tyrepal