Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

More problems with my 2005 V50 2.0D - Wont start

Views : 2074

Replies : 17

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 28th, 2016, 20:45   #11
bremner27

So attempted to start the car today and no joy, got it started with easy start but cut out after seconds unlike yesterday were it kept running.

I've noticed diesel pooling were the third injector sits, my thought is if its letting diesel out it must be letting air in. First I thought it was maybe the o-ring on the leak off connector so replaced that, then i checked that the union on the fuel line was nipped up tight but still more diesel so that leads me to believe that the injector itself is leaking? Is this something that can happen? I've had a quick search on the forum but can't find anything relevant.
bremner27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2016, 21:16   #12
bremner27

Quick question, would an injector from a PEUGEOT 307 2.0 HDI work with my engine? The siemens part number is the same from what I understand and the engines are the same from what I understand.
I need to fix this on the cheap as I'm tired of pouring money into the old girl and I'll be trading up to a 08'ish V70.
Old Oct 29th, 2016, 07:05   #13
Bloders2

yes it will fit
Bloders2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2016, 07:08   #14
padder1956

join the pipes @ the fuel filter together so by passing the filter
then give it a sniff to get it running then see where you go from there
padder1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2016, 22:18   #15
bremner27

Well I got another injector, still the same results then I did as padder1956 suggested (cheers mate) and bypassed the fuel filter and it started up and kept running?!?! then I shut it off connected all the fuel lines as they should be and it started up first time and kept running?!?!

All was well, I went out for a short drive, came home left it a couple of hours, went out to the cinema it started again first time, came out of the cinema and it started again started first time.
I was very hopeful the problem was gone until I opened the bonnet to see diesel pooling in the third injector port again!!!! pound to a penny it won't start again tomorrow morning as it will probably have let a load or air into the system over night and I'll be back to square one!
The diesel thats leaking into the injector port is not coming from the fuel line union its dry as a bone, it doesn't seem to be coming from the leak off connector or the leak off pipes and its a coincidence that both the old and "new" injector both somehow leak diesel , so does anybody have any ideas as to how diesel appears were the injector lives?

Cheers, Andy.
Old Oct 29th, 2016, 23:05   #16
IainG
Premier Member

Hi
Just give the area a good clean with brake cleaner. Start the engine and have a look with the engine running, should be fairly easy to work out where it is coming from.
Iain
IainG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30th, 2016, 09:05   #17
daveyonthemove

I had the same issue a while back, and if you simply need to get the injector torqued up correctly.
It's loose enough to let fuel escape during the burn cycle, and that is causing the pooling and hot diesel smell.
daveyonthemove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6th, 2017, 18:29   #18
bremner27

Just realised I never posted to conclude this episode of my v50 ownership. Turns out the diesel WAS coming from the leak off pipe that fits into the injector after I changed all the leak off pipes and connectors no more diesel pooling in the injector ports.
However that didn't solve the problem, ended up replacing the fuel filter housing and have had months of trouble free driving...until this weekend when it won't start again so off to post another topic begging for help.
The Following User Says Thank You to bremner27 For This Useful Post: