Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 200 Series General > 200 Series Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

240 estates for sale

Views : 1415

Replies : 8

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 21st, 2010, 20:20   #1
Audrey Old
VOC Member

Default 240 estates for sale

This last few weeks I have considered the revised legal towing regulations we now have to live with, and conclud I must get a Land Rover after over a decade of using 240s as excellent day-cars.

Therefore all our 240 estates must be sold. I have three for spares (unless brave) due body rust, one off the road since the disabled previous owner had to sell, and my current driver.

They are all between A-reg and D-reg: the current driver has a new-style replacement rear tailgate, is a 2.3 auto and about to go out of MoT. It is white and in fine (but nowhere near concours) condition, cloth interior, two previous owners and about 186k on the clock. The only visible rust are two small rear wheel arch edges and the corners of the panel below the tailgate: no holes so just need work plus paint. I hope to do it in the next few days if the weather gets better.

Three others are silver, one gunmetal: one is a good condition auto apart from some tailgate rusting (replacement available) and is a good driver (my store has lots of private roads so can be proven). the others are presently stored minus a few small parts - wiper motor, headlamp, relay etc. Two were driven here on the last days of their MoTs but have heavy rusting underneath. However all are good for spares reclaim - in fact they are packed with spares already as they were cheaper than buying new sheds!

Is anybody interested in these plus another, part dismantled for spares? I need some money for my Land Rover purchase so reluctantly must not rule out taking to the metal recycling place and getting some money for them as scrap. These cars would be most useful in supporting your own car - don't make me junk these straight-panelled cars. However, the stored cars must be trailered away as they are non-runners. The drivers can be, er, obviously driven away, but on your trade plates.

I can supply digital photos if interested - send PM. Three stored cars are near Redhill and one near Bognor: the day-car is halfway between the two places!

Paul
Audrey Old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21st, 2010, 21:20   #2
terryg

my friend is really interested please call scott on
terryg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2010, 08:50   #3
brodgar
I've Been Banned

Default 240,s

i send you a private message??

have you read it ??

can you open private messages??

----------------------------------------------

can you give a description of all the cars

reg? mileagee?? engine size ?? estate saloon?? manual-auto?

tax- mot ?? interior leather????

I might buy two of them

regards, brodgar
brodgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2010, 20:33   #4
Audrey Old
VOC Member

After a visit from a local 240 enthusiast, I have been advised that two of my estates are beyond economic redemption. Therefore I will be breaking them in the next few weeks, down to a handleable lump capable of being trailered to a scrappie.

I don't like the idea of yet more 240s going for scrap, but we can't keep everything - no matter of condition - for posterity. A banger-racer will be taking one (who says that is a deplorable end?) after the excellent engine has been removed and he has fitted his V6 Ford lump, but all good bits are being removed first.

Therefore if near the Redhill area and wanting some bits, send me a PM. However, the axles are staying - I don't want to be left with half a ton of immobile scrap!

I will still have a pefectly useable (and far less rusty) 240 estate which one Forums reader was interested in, but I haven't heard from him, so form an orderly queue!

Paul

Paul
Old Mar 13th, 2010, 22:25   #5
minty
Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audrey Old View Post
After a visit from a local 240 enthusiast, I have been advised that two of my estates are beyond economic redemption. Therefore I will be breaking them in the next few weeks, down to a handleable lump capable of being trailered to a scrappie.

I don't like the idea of yet more 240s going for scrap, but we can't keep everything - no matter of condition - for posterity. A banger-racer will be taking one (who says that is a deplorable end?) after the excellent engine has been removed and he has fitted his V6 Ford lump, but all good bits are being removed first.

Therefore if near the Redhill area and wanting some bits, send me a PM. However, the axles are staying - I don't want to be left with half a ton of immobile scrap!

I will still have a pefectly useable (and far less rusty) 240 estate which one Forums reader was interested in, but I haven't heard from him, so form an orderly queue!

Paul

Paul
Hi Paul. Would you be able to supply me with a pair of front door speakers and their covers??. Thanks Minty
minty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2010, 11:39   #6
huck280

Hi there,

Would you have the aerial from one of the estates? It screws into a block at the rear of the car. It shouldn't take much more than thumb pressure to unscrew.

Happy to make a donation to you, or a charity of your choice, for it!

thanks,

Leif
huck280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31st, 2010, 17:33   #7
Ashley Studdal

Hi.

I think I could use an M47 5-speed gearbox in good nick (must have speedo cable output, not electric) prob pre-86 I'm told by the knowledgable ones here !

And associated bits. Thanks.
Ashley Studdal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2nd, 2010, 18:21   #8
Audrey Old
VOC Member

Ashley
The manual car has already gone to (shhh) banger racers, sob sob. However, they seem genuine and promised to fetch me back the engine/gearbox and even the windscreen, so they can fit their prepped Ford V6 unit. Therefore if/when it comes back there will be a decent 5-speed manual box: I was going to keep it as a spare, but they are so reliable.....
When I see it I'll note its numbers and mail you.
I have another 5-speeder in a rusted-out scrapper - if you want to remove it and live near Redhill (where the car is) let me know.
The other cars are auto's, one at least reserved for another lister.

Paul
Old Apr 3rd, 2010, 10:05   #9
Ashley Studdal

Paul. Thanks for that. I'm not that close to Redhill so would like to wait for the nod, should the banger chaps bring back the bits. That's very kind of you.
Thanks.
Ashley Studdal is offline   Reply With Quote