Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 200 Series General > 200 Series Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Seriously?

Views : 836122

Replies : 6335

Users Viewing This Thread : don kalmar union, Othen

Old Today, 08:32   #6331
loki_the_glt
Torquemeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Othen View Post
Hi Luke,

The OHC gave me some painkillers to take home, but I didn't bother with them. I had a day sitting on the sofa watching daytime telly and was pretty well back to normal by the end of the week.

How can anyone remain normal after a week watching day-time television?

5 minutes would be enough to have me either retching or reaching for a weapon of mass destruction: The Darwin Awards nominations list would run to several reams of A4.

loki_the_glt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to loki_the_glt For This Useful Post:
Old Today, 10:25   #6332
Othen
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve 940 View Post
Hi Alan,

Afraid not Alan, as you may recall I was in the middle of chimney pot repairs in January, with further planned house maintenance to follow.

As life tends to, we’ve had a bit of a curve ball, my mother fell and broke her hip in January and passed away a few weeks ago, so the last 3-4 months I have not done hardly anything apart from sorting out the chimney, and the chimney scaffold finally came down last week.

Just about making headway on paperwork/house clearance and probate application, but of course everything has changed and ‘improved’, or rather not. I done my dad’s probate in 2012, and received grant of probate just over 3 weeks from death. The current guidelines are 16 weeks minimum to months/years….. how is that progress

Don’t get me started on Land Registry, I was fortunate to repay out mortgage last year, and as we bought it before registration came in, I need to do a first registration, Land Registry guideline timescale is 17 months……. Unbelievable

Anyway, with everything that’s happened, I’ve pulled most of my advertising, and decided to devote virtually full time this year to the house maintenance. That should take me to June, then fully onto the workshop.👍

Cheers
Steve
I’m sorry to hear about your mother passing away Steve.

I’m afraid the delays you are talking about are just symptomatic of the civil service generally, whom seem to take any old excuse to delay progress or get things wrong, but never take responsibility. Just this week I discovered the local council has failed to adopt the road on which I bought a house from the developers 16 years ago. I also found out that the executive director in charge of the highways department that has taken 16 years to not adopt the road is being paid only £144,025 PA - ho hum.

I’m also sorry to hear about the delays in getting your garage built, I know that was a real look forward for you.

Alan

Last edited by Othen; Today at 10:37.
Othen is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Othen For This Useful Post:
Old Today, 11:06   #6333
ITSv40
VOC Member

Sorry to hear about your mum. Whether expected or not these things are never easy to deal with.

When my mother-in-law died we dealt with probate ourselves and found the Probate Office extremely helpful and user friendly - that was in 2019 before covid! We had the house professionally valued and with the furniture and effects we photographed all the rooms and effects and then put a reasonable value on everything. We compiled an itemised list and sent that to probate and everything was accepted without question.

My wife - an only child - found that aspect a little daunting, but we just approached it in a practical manner and got on with it. A neighbour asked if the house would be for sale as her daughter was interested, so that went through without issue and the whole estate was done and dusted within three months.

Don't beat yourself up with the delay to the garage project as apart from the family issues it hasn't been reasonable weather for building works. It will all come good.
ITSv40 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ITSv40 For This Useful Post:
Old Today, 12:38   #6334
Steve 940
Premier Member

Many thanks chaps 👍

Now back to normal business…….

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/186412527...Bk9SR9D9h6PjYw

Rather fetching colour, and good clean MOT history.

Cheers
Steve
Steve 940 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Steve 940 For This Useful Post:
Old Today, 12:41   #6335
Moomoo
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve 940 View Post
Many thanks chaps 👍

Now back to normal business…….

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/186412527...Bk9SR9D9h6PjYw

Rather fetching colour, and good clean MOT history.

Cheers
Steve

I’ve been watching this one! If I were in the market, a trip up the M6, would be tempting.
Old Today, 13:12   #6336
Steve 940
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moomoo View Post
I’ve been watching this one! If I were in the market, a trip up the M6, would be tempting.
Keeping that one for yourself eh Andrew?? I mean if one were to be in the market for a nice 940 VWW.

Only thing I noticed, is the guy a part time trader,?? Had this since Dec'21 and has another motor listed, plus a few other antique things, pity he hasn't got the Moto Guzzi for the panniers

Cheers
Steve
Steve 940 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Steve 940 For This Useful Post: