Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General > x40 S1 Wants
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Heated leathers

Views : 2433

Replies : 28

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 10th, 2014, 23:55   #11
gazO2V40T4
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kieran40 View Post
We will have to get gatos too work Alex lol give the man two seats one with heated element and one without and set him about it and make a guide if anyone can do it he can lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex121 View Post
Haha. There is already a guide up here and wouldn't want to put him through the trouble.

Would rather just get a tidy heated seat set with door cards for 'x' amount.

Can't seem to find any anywhere though.
Alex that car I posted a link to when you wanted a turbo had full heated leather and they looked very tidy you should have bought it you would have had your 450 quids worth already lol

2002 V40 T4
17" Arcadia's ,Boost Gauge ,Forge Dump Valve And Blanking Plate ,Front Upper Strut Brace
gazO2V40T4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2014, 00:02   #12
gazO2V40T4
Premier Member

What about these

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/181261028725?nav=SEARCH

2002 V40 T4
17" Arcadia's ,Boost Gauge ,Forge Dump Valve And Blanking Plate ,Front Upper Strut Brace
Old Aug 11th, 2014, 08:11   #13
Alex121
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazO2V40T4 View Post
For £250???? That makes my turbo seem good value for money...
Alex121 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Alex121 For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 11th, 2014, 10:51   #14
gazO2V40T4
Premier Member

Quote:
For £250???? That makes my turbo seem good value for money...
It was good value for money has it got your car back on the road ??
And are you impressed with it ?
Do you have a bigger grin factor?

If you answered yes to all these questions then it was good value for money the seats on the other hand aren't an essential item so maybe not so much value for money
Ha ha lol

2002 V40 T4
Old Aug 11th, 2014, 11:00   #15
Alex121
Premier Member

Quote:
It was good value for money has it got your car back on the road ??
And are you impressed with it ?
Do you have a bigger grin factor?

If you answered yes to all these questions then it was good value for money the seats on the other hand aren't an essential item so maybe not so much value for money
Ha ha lol
For £993 fully fitted, no - To all of the above questions lol.

I will admit though, it's so much quicker than it has been in my ownership. Pulls like a train.

To all T4 owners over 100k - Replace your turbo, it may be boosting fine but it'll be lacking torque.

Seats are around £100 tops for a tidy set. £250 is just ridiculous.
Old Aug 11th, 2014, 11:26   #16
gazO2V40T4
Premier Member

Quote:
For £993 fully fitted, no - To all of the above questions lol.

I will admit though, it's so much quicker than it has been in my ownership. Pulls like a train.

To all T4 owners over 100k - Replace your turbo, it may be boosting fine but it'll be lacking torque.

So your telling me if you would of scrapped the car you could have got another car which is as tidy and well looked after which just as much fun to drive as the t4 for £ 993 I think not and the answer to all the questions is a yes because it is back on the road and you have posted that it feels better and faster

So stop telling pork pies or I tell your mum ha ha lol

2002 V40 T4
Old Aug 11th, 2014, 11:37   #17
Antz
No I'm not the redhead

Quote:
Even my local scrapyard charges £130 for a full set of leather seats minus doorcards and thats at rock bottom prices if you remove it yourself. Doorcards are an extra £20.

Youll struggle to find a nice leather interior for bargain money. I think £250 for a full leather interior with doorcards isnt a bad price really....particularly when in other car brands you can pay up to £700 for a PAIR of factory Recaro front seats.

And you just said "all T4 owners replace your turbo" but then you said that at £993 with discount for a new one it wasnt worth it...haha....

Swap a T5 motor into your RWD Volvo:The Guide
Antz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Antz For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 11th, 2014, 11:41   #18
Alex121
Premier Member

Quote:
So your telling me if you would of scrapped the car you could have got another car which is as tidy and well looked after which just as much fun to drive as the t4 for £ 993 I think not and the answer to all the questions is a yes because it is back on the road and you have posted that it feels better and faster

So stop telling pork pies or I tell your mum ha ha lol
Haha, no, but £1000 is a lot to drop on a car that despite it's condition, is worth pretty much that...
Old Aug 11th, 2014, 11:45   #19
Alex121
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antz View Post
And you just said "all T4 owners replace your turbo" but then you said that at £993 with discount for a new one it wasnt worth it...haha....
It's not, but if you're that set on getting every bit of performance from a T4 then it's worth doing.

I couldn't care really, I knew it wasn't as fast as it was when it was new, I didn't expect it to be due to mileage on the turbo, but it still shifted. Had my turbo not gone I would never have bothered.

It's now as quick as it was new, huge difference, but for a daily that's already fast and running fine? Wouldn't bother...

There are a lot of people (more over on T5D5) who are in to getting every possible BHP from their car.
Old Aug 11th, 2014, 12:12   #20
gazO2V40T4
Premier Member

Quote:
It's not, but if you're that set on getting every bit of performance from a T4 then it's worth doing.

I couldn't care really, I knew it wasn't as fast as it was when it was new, I didn't expect it to be due to mileage on the turbo, but it still shifted. Had my turbo not gone I would never have bothered.

It's now as quick as it was new, huge difference, but for a daily that's already fast and running fine? Wouldn't bother...

There are a lot of people (more over on T5D5) who are in to getting every possible BHP from their car.
I think you should make a trip to the dyno just to see what it's pulling lol

2002 V40 T4