Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Retrofit rear parking camera for V60

Views : 1847

Replies : 8

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 21st, 2020, 16:45   #1
buzzman

Default Retrofit rear parking camera for V60

I've been looking at the retrofit rear parking camera on the Volvo Accessories website: https://accessories.volvocars.com/en...2017/T4/Manual

A few years ago a dealer told me the car couldn't have the rear camera fitted, but looking at the webpage it looks like I might now be possible.

But I'm quiet confused over which Part number I'd need for the following car, as some cars are apparently partially pre wired meaning much less work. How would I know if my car has Option code 820 (Rear parking camera, preparation)? The cost with fitting if no pre wiring exited would be much more I would expect.

Model year 2017 (16 Reg Plate) RHD Manual V60 R-Design NAV T4.
Keyless entry
Rear parking sensors.
Driver support pack that includes BLIS.
7inch centre display.
Sensus connect.
Does NOT have Electrically retractable rear head restraints fitted.
Does NOT have Active Xenon headlamps (Active Bending Lights - ABL) fitted.

I'm further confused by one of the notes on the webpage:
"Note! This accessory does not work on cars with CEM LOW (VX01)1. Please check the car's equipment level before ordering this accessory."

and point 1 at the bottom of the webpage also confuses me:

"1.The car does not have CEM LOW (VX01) if it is equipped with one or more of the following functions: BLIS, Electrically retractable rear head restraints, Active Xenon headlamps (Active Bending Lights - ABL) or Option code 820 (Rear parking camera, preparation)."

Does anyone have any ideas?
buzzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21st, 2020, 18:56   #2
Thorium

This is a question for your Dealer. They will be able to identify which part number is required for your car via the VIN number and Volvo database. Give them a call and see what they advise. You're under no obligation to have it fitted.
Thorium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22nd, 2020, 10:09   #3
buzzman

Thanks Thorium. The car is due for service very soon & I'll ask my dealer.

It's always good to understand as much as possible, not that I don't trust the dealer I use. But mistakes are easy (when humans are involved ). I've had a few experiences across dealers where had I not researched a bit beforehand, I would of paid for something to be replaced, when it had already been replaced in a previous service (It pays to read Volvos recommended service schedules !). It turned out the dealer wasn’t accessing the latest records for the car.

Another instance (when wanting complete summer wheels on a pallet) I was told by a parts department “No, that’s not something that is available in the UK”. It was only when I provided the part number and had been quizzed to where I’d found that! (from the Volvo UK website!) did the answer change to “Yes that’s available for the UK & possible”.

(Has anyone else noticed that Volvo seem to run in parallel two near identical Accessories websites both suitable for the UK market. Both contain similar, but not identical material).
Old Mar 22nd, 2020, 15:48   #4
DT19
Master Member

If the dealer option doesn't work out for you, have a look at this website (https://www.swedesolutions.com/) and go to the CFE page.

I went this route with mine and fitted a front and rear camera which are perfectly integrated and work the same as the factory fit ones
DT19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24th, 2020, 18:37   #5
buzzman

Thanks for that info DT19.

I phoned the garage yesterday who are looking into it. I missed a call from them same day, as I'd gone on shift. I'll try phoning them tomorrow. I didn't try today as the dust is still settling everywhere from the new measures in place.
Old Mar 27th, 2020, 14:31   #6
volvo for ever
Premier Member

i fittd mine myself and got sw done at garage lots lots cheaper,,only awkward was leading wire through tail gate look
volvo for ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2020, 16:19   #7
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzman View Post
Thanks Thorium. The car is due for service very soon & I'll ask my dealer.

It's always good to understand as much as possible, not that I don't trust the dealer I use. But mistakes are easy (when humans are involved ). I've had a few experiences across dealers where had I not researched a bit beforehand, I would of paid for something to be replaced, when it had already been replaced in a previous service (It pays to read Volvos recommended service schedules !). It turned out the dealer wasn’t accessing the latest records for the car.

Another instance (when wanting complete summer wheels on a pallet) I was told by a parts department “No, that’s not something that is available in the UK”. It was only when I provided the part number and had been quizzed to where I’d found that! (from the Volvo UK website!) did the answer change to “Yes that’s available for the UK & possible”.

(Has anyone else noticed that Volvo seem to run in parallel two near identical Accessories websites both suitable for the UK market. Both contain similar, but not identical material).

Volvo's whole public and Internal IT web systems are the most user unfriendly I have ever come across , Updating the data they show would be a big improvement too !
The best system by far they have now is the internal text only one which was first used in 1990 , its robust , clear and lightening fast ...
Think DOS 6.0 ... green characters on a black screen .
Old Apr 21st, 2020, 20:25   #8
JeffCooper63

Quote:
Originally Posted by DT19 View Post
If the dealer option doesn't work out for you, have a look at this website (https://www.swedesolutions.com/) and go to the CFE page.

I went this route with mine and fitted a front and rear camera which are perfectly integrated and work the same as the factory fit ones
Looking at the website you've linked to, it looks very interesting, but can you tell me if you have to leave the OBD device connected, and if so, what happens if you do unplug it ?
JeffCooper63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2020, 15:55   #9
DT19
Master Member

Ooops, sorry I've only just seen your post.

I unplug mine if it goes for a service but other than that it stays in all the time. When it's unplugged the extra features don't work. From what I understand it injects commands into the Canbus network on the fly. I'm on my 3rd CFE+ now but only because I keep selling the cars with them in.
DT19 is offline   Reply With Quote