Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Performance/upgrade parts

Views : 499

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 16th, 2018, 22:05   #1
nino87

Default Performance/upgrade parts

Hi all

Where can I get performance parts for c30 D5? Any sites or places around Yorkshire would be great.

Cheers
nino87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2018, 08:17   #2
domhart10
Volvo S40

Can have a look at performance parts here http://www.partsforvolvosonline.com/index.php?cPath=28

Im sure the D5 crew will be along shortly to advise but depends what you are after? remaps and coilovers?

Previous Volvo: 2008 S40 SE Lux R Design 2.0D
domhart10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2018, 09:24   #3
nino87

Thanks.
It would be clutches, exhaust, springs and bushes really. I've heard Shark Performance is the place to go for a remap.
Old May 17th, 2018, 13:57   #4
Yobbo
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by nino87 View Post
Thanks.
It would be clutches, exhaust, springs and bushes really. I've heard Shark Performance is the place to go for a remap.
Clutches are either LUK or Sachs (Sachs also do an uprated organic disc which can only be bought direct or through a reseller)- the Focus RS MK2 clutch will also fit but you still have to use the original LUK flywheel.

Exhaust - go custom, if you're near Leeds I'd highly recommend Tony Banks.

Springs - Eibach/H&R, Coilovers - avoid cheap ones, look at Bilstein/BC/KW

Polybushes - Powerflex really... The rear wishbone bush is REALLY worth doing.

Other mods - Uprated rear anti-roll bar: Whiteline/IPD/etc, K&N Air Filter

That's about it, there is stuff like DPF/EGR disabling (ILLEGALLLLLL), hybrid turbo (not easy), but not much else really...

A stage 1 remap is enough for most people and I have a Shark tune on my car which has been on the car for nearly 20k.
For a manual car you're looking at 215bhp/530nm.
Old May 17th, 2018, 15:24   #5
nino87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yobbo View Post
Clutches are either LUK or Sachs (Sachs also do an uprated organic disc which can only be bought direct or through a reseller)- the Focus RS MK2 clutch will also fit but you still have to use the original LUK flywheel.

Exhaust - go custom, if you're near Leeds I'd highly recommend Tony Banks.

Springs - Eibach/H&R, Coilovers - avoid cheap ones, look at Bilstein/BC/KW

Polybushes - Powerflex really... The rear wishbone bush is REALLY worth doing.

Other mods - Uprated rear anti-roll bar: Whiteline/IPD/etc, K&N Air Filter

That's about it, there is stuff like DPF/EGR disabling (ILLEGALLLLLL), hybrid turbo (not easy), but not much else really...

A stage 1 remap is enough for most people and I have a Shark tune on my car which has been on the car for nearly 20k.
For a manual car you're looking at 215bhp/530nm.
Thanks for that.

Quick question. Is a clutch needed for a stage 1 map? Also what is the benefit of the DPF/EGR delete? What sort of price is that?
Old May 17th, 2018, 17:04   #6
Yobbo
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by nino87 View Post
Thanks for that.

Quick question. Is a clutch needed for a stage 1 map? Also what is the benefit of the DPF/EGR delete? What sort of price is that?
Nope, even a healthy clutch "should" take stage 2, depends on the condition of the current clutch disc and clamping plate and the amount of torque the map instructs the engine to make.
But certaintly for Shark's Stage 1 - it is fine.

With 530nm I can make my clutch slip the tiniest bit at full throttle in 6th gear at around 2-2.2k rpm, however if I am doing full throttle accelleration I wouldn't change into 6th at 60mph...

My opinion based on what I've read and been told from user experience that 550nm is about as far as you want to take it if you want to maintain the integrity of the clutch disc and plate - they can take 600+nm but it will won't be long before the disc starts getting scored and the clamping plate can no longer hold it down.

DPF delete benefits are much less restricted exhaust gas flow, downsides are that it is illegal... Any evidence of tampering to the DPF or smoke on emissions test will be a fail and if reported a fine.

EGR delete benefits are that exhaust gases are not recyled into the inlet manifold of the engine - this can cause throttle bodies and the inlet manifold itself to become badly coked up with COAL. Downsides are that it will take long for your engine to reach optimum running temperature, especially in winter.

Price varies from garage to garage, but they cannot advertise such services.
DPF Delete + Remap can cost anywhere from £400 upwards for a D5.