Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Ray Chapman Motors, Huddersfield

Views : 1086

Replies : 9

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 24th, 2024, 09:34   #1
V60 probably

Default Ray Chapman Motors, Huddersfield

Amongst the many complaints on here (including my own) I just wanted to give some praise to Ray Chapman Motors, formerly Clive Brook, in Huddersfied.

I took my car to them yesterday for its third service and they were brilliant. For the same price as other dealerships, they did the service and included the renewal of Volvo Cars for another 12 months (£35 quoted by the others).

I knew I had a slow puncture and made them aware of it before I took it in. They found screws in two tyres and repaired them FOC (I know it's a Volvo thing, but still...), replaced both headlight washers under warranty, which were failing to return to the bumper properly. I'd let them know about the problem and they ordered the parts in advance so it could all be done the same day.

They washed and hoovered the car and had it ready for 3pm.

When I went to pick it up, I mentioned the SIM card and was told that Volvo were no longer doing them due to all the issues they were having, but they let me have one to try. It took some faffing about, but I have a new 100Gb for 12 months too now.

It's a pain to get to for me, 3/4 of an hour minimum and awful traffic, but I'll be going back there next year for sure.

In case anyone from Ray Chapman is reading, Hannah was the consummate professional and a credit to you.

Prevously: 1992 440ti, 1997 S40 1.8, 2000 S80 2.4.
V60 probably is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to V60 probably For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 24th, 2024, 11:12   #2
Mad Malc

We have used Ray Chapman Malton for many years and have found them to be honest, fair and friendly. In fact they are the best main dealer I have dealt with by far, long may it continue.
Mad Malc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mad Malc For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 24th, 2024, 19:18   #3
MCV60
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by V60 probably View Post
Amongst the many complaints on here (including my own) I just wanted to give some praise to Ray Chapman Motors, formerly Clive Brook, in Huddersfied.

I took my car to them yesterday for its third service and they were brilliant. For the same price as other dealerships, they did the service and included the renewal of Volvo Cars for another 12 months (£35 quoted by the others).

I knew I had a slow puncture and made them aware of it before I took it in. They found screws in two tyres and repaired them FOC (I know it's a Volvo thing, but still...), replaced both headlight washers under warranty, which were failing to return to the bumper properly. I'd let them know about the problem and they ordered the parts in advance so it could all be done the same day.

They washed and hoovered the car and had it ready for 3pm.

When I went to pick it up, I mentioned the SIM card and was told that Volvo were no longer doing them due to all the issues they were having, but they let me have one to try. It took some faffing about, but I have a new 100Gb for 12 months too now.

It's a pain to get to for me, 3/4 of an hour minimum and awful traffic, but I'll be going back there next year for sure.

In case anyone from Ray Chapman is reading, Hannah was the consummate professional and a credit to you.
Noting your location, out of curiosity is there any reason why you didn’t go to Riverside, Wakefield?
Old Jan 25th, 2024, 09:20   #4
V60 probably

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCV60 View Post
Noting your location, out of curiosity is there any reason why you didn’t go to Riverside, Wakefield?
I bought it from Riverside earlier this year and my experience of their sales team wasn't the best. That said, I'd heard good things about their service so would have given them a go, but Ray Chapman included renewal of the Volvo Cars app for 12 months at the standard service price. I told Riverside this and gave them the opportunity to match it and they declined.

I work in Leeds, so Riverside either Wakefield or Leeds would be ideal, but I'm a yorkshireman and therefore extremely tight, so the £35 saving on the app swung it!

The Following User Says Thank You to V60 probably For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 26th, 2024, 22:26   #5
adambsmith

Big supporter of Ray Chapman Motors here. Had four XC60s from them.

Great sales and service (York).
Old Jan 27th, 2024, 09:03   #6
GrahamBrown1
Register Keeper - S80, P2, and P3

Quote:
Originally Posted by adambsmith View Post
Big supporter of Ray Chapman Motors here. Had four XC60s from them.

Great sales and service (York).
Must be ok if your buying new, but my Volvo selekt S80 they couldn’t fix, nor were they interested. Service was poor never been back. Yet many sing there praises. Must have been an off day.

Current- 05 XC90 D5 Exec, 12 XC70 D4 AWD Se Lux, 14 S80 D3 Se Lux
GrahamBrown1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2024, 16:53   #7
ma42

I would also like to like to add to "V60 probably"'s praise for Ray Chapman Motors, Huddersfield. The staff are very competent and customer care orientated ..... my thanks go to Lauryn with whom I've had most contact with.
ma42 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ma42 For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 1st, 2024, 21:12   #8
GreedyG

Wish I had the same experience as you did when my car was in for repair under warranty. They had the car all day, didn’t fix the wing mirror issue and broke the new damaged trim so I had to keep my damaged trim.

They offered to ship me the new trim so I could fit it myself at home!
GreedyG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GreedyG For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 2nd, 2024, 09:21   #9
V60 probably

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreedyG View Post
Wish I had the same experience as you did when my car was in for repair under warranty. They had the car all day, didn’t fix the wing mirror issue and broke the new damaged trim so I had to keep my damaged trim.

They offered to ship me the new trim so I could fit it myself at home!
And this is the problem. I've had terrible experience with other dealerships which have a really good reputation. I suppose, like with all things, it's the individuals involved as much as the culture in an organisation.

Old Feb 9th, 2024, 12:49   #10
IguanaMAM
On My Second Volvo....

Purchased my V90 from Ray Chapman in York back in 2021. Bradley looked after me extremely well and when the time comes will be receiving a call (assuming he's still there!).

Next:.....
Now: V90 T4 Momentum (MY19) | Bright Silver | Privacy Glass | OEM Retro Reverse Camera | OEM Dog Guard!
Previous: XC60 T5 AWD Momentum (MY19) | Osmium Grey
IguanaMAM is offline   Reply With Quote