Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

MAF sensor location on S40 1.8 '04

Views : 2361

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 27th, 2019, 14:06   #1
Uvolvo

Default MAF sensor location on S40 1.8 '04

Hello, I have been having issues with the acceleration and p2008 comes out in fault scanner. I wanted to clean the MAF sensor to start with. But I can't seem to find the sensor.

The car is Volvo S40 1.8 Petrol 2004 (04-12).

If you can assist me on where to find it, I would be grateful. Thank you in advance.
Uvolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2019, 14:26   #2
FracturedButWhole

Hi there,
There's no MAF sensor in a location you expect it to be, which is on the air intake tube, somewhere between air filter and throttle body. It is actually under intake manifold. You can see it just about, when you point flashlight there. It is positioned highly inconvenient, however it is possible to remove it and refit it without taking intake manifold off. Unless one was blessed with Hulk hands.
It is held by torx screw, forgot the size now, but little ratchet is all you need to remove it. Good luck.
Small edit. Here's an excellent thread about P2008 code.
https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=177657

Last edited by FracturedButWhole; May 27th, 2019 at 14:33.
FracturedButWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2019, 14:51   #3
Uvolvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FracturedButWhole View Post
Hi there,
There's no MAF sensor in a location you expect it to be, which is on the air intake tube, somewhere between air filter and throttle body. It is actually under intake manifold. You can see it just about, when you point flashlight there. It is positioned highly inconvenient, however it is possible to remove it and refit it without taking intake manifold off. Unless one was blessed with Hulk hands.
It is held by torx screw, forgot the size now, but little ratchet is all you need to remove it. Good luck.
Small edit. Here's an excellent thread about P2008 code.
https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=177657
Thank you!! I knew it was somewhere highly inconvenient, possibly caused by Ford. Thanks also for the heads up for the thread on p2008. I have read most of it. I might have to change the valves eventually.
Uvolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19th, 2020, 16:02   #4
kevstocks

Hello
new to this forum but does anyone have a picture or diagram as to where the MAF is on a 2008 S40 1.8 petrol engine.....
many thanks

Kev.
kevstocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2020, 09:29   #5
big yinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevstocks View Post
Hello
new to this forum but does anyone have a picture or diagram as to where the MAF is on a 2008 S40 1.8 petrol engine.....
many thanks

Kev.
As you stand in front of the car looking at it, the MAF is under the inlet manifold on the RHS. Its a fiddle to see and get at, but it might be easier from underneath.
big yinn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1.8, maf, s40