Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Vida help

Views : 2447

Replies : 32

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 26th, 2020, 17:53   #1
hodge911

Default Vida help

Hi I've just bought a set up from a forum.member.... to see If I can figure out the heater blower problem....
Having not used one before (have used snap-on solius) I'm struggling with it .
It takes quite a few times to get the unit & car to talk to each other to get vehicle info to log .... eventually I got it to and went to diagnostics tag and trace faults .
I get a long list of codes ... click on delivery tab but I dont get the erase all tab at bottom pf screen ... any ideas what I'm doing wrong ?
hodge911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26th, 2020, 18:54   #2
ca2n

I think you need to scroll the window down a bit further. Not just scroll down the list.

Hope this helps.
Old Sep 27th, 2020, 18:09   #3
binty

Default You might be zoomed in

Hi,
As previously you probably just can’t see the button. The screen may be zoomed in.
Make sure it is fully zoomed out so you can see everything.
(It confused me once and it’s my old unit lol).
Mercedes SLK 250d 9G auto AMG line (Black)
Previous Volvos C30 Rdesign 2.0D (black), C30 Rdesign 1.6D (black), S60 T5 (black)
binty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2020, 20:32   #4
hodge911

Quote:
Originally Posted by binty View Post
Hi,
As previously you probably just can’t see the button. The screen may be zoomed in.
Thanks I'll try in morning
Old Oct 4th, 2020, 21:50   #5
hodge911

Quote:
Originally Posted by binty View Post
Hi,
sorry for late follow up
yep that was exactly what i was doing wrong........ all ive got to do now is figure out how to use it correctly to see if i can figure out the problem with the intermittent working / non working blower motor [ its just had new resistor unit and blower motor fitted] and still doing it .
does have fault code 0040 internal air quality sensor fault
does anyone know if that would cause the intermittent fault of the blower not working

any help gratefully accepted or if anyone near has one and knows the ins and outs of using it and would be willing to give lesson just let me know

Last edited by hodge911; Oct 4th, 2020 at 21:54.
Old Oct 6th, 2020, 17:48   #6
JohnL

My AQS has been dead since I had my car, and no problem with the blower motor, but I know that sensor can muck up other functions in the heater system.
Which heating system do you have, is it a manual or electronic?
Perhaps a picture of the centre console will confirm which one you have.
What other fault codes are displayed?
You have to understand that Vida is not that clever, it may list a problem with a code of a component , you then have to decide where the problem lies, It does have some pretty good fault tracing diagnosis, it may just be something else that is causing the problem. You have read between the lines.
The fault should be listed in the CCM, climate control module perhaps?
John
JohnL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2020, 18:14   #7
Moose Test
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hodge911 View Post
does have fault code 0040 internal air quality sensor fault
does anyone know if that would cause the intermittent fault of the blower not working
I would never say never, since posts on this forum have suggested that "bad" sensors (typically after market, wrongly spec'd replacements) can cause seemingly unrelated issues by introducing interference to one of the communications buses.

However what I can say definitively, based on my own empirical experience, is that there is no hard and fast direct correlation between that fault code and what you're seeing. I've owned three Volvos (two XC90, one XC70) all with the same AQS sensor fault code and none of them ever experienced problems with their basic climate control functions.

I'm therefore inclined to say that your fault is elsewhere - possibly the CCM (climate control module) itself has developed an intermittent fault.

What you can do is simply disconnect the faulty AQS sensor (I think that's a relatively simple task, certainly as compared to replacing the blower motor). If the blower motor problem persists, then you've eliminated it as any possible source of the issue and you'd need to start suspecting the CCM.
Old Oct 10th, 2020, 12:34   #8
hodge911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Test View Post
I would never say never, since posts on this forum have suggested that "bad" sensors (typically after market, wrongly spec'd replacements) can cause seemingly unrelated issues by introducing interference to one of the communications buses.

However what I can say definitively, based on my own empirical experience, is that there is no hard and fast direct correlation between that fault code and what you're seeing. I've owned three Volvos (two XC90, one XC70) all with the same AQS sensor fault code and none of them ever experienced problems with their basic climate control functions.

I'm therefore inclined to say that your fault is elsewhere - possibly the CCM (climate control module) itself has developed an intermittent fault.

What you can do is simply disconnect the faulty AQS sensor (I think that's a relatively simple task, certainly as compared to replacing the blower motor). If the blower motor problem persists, then you've eliminated it as any possible source of the issue and you'd need to start suspecting the CCM.
thanks ..
ive located the AQS and disconnected it [ easy enough job] and up to now 3 days the blower working fine ..... but having said that i have not used the car much in those 3 days
Old Oct 12th, 2020, 16:35   #9
hodge911

scratch that just been out in car and the bloody thing worked it ticket
worked when first start and drove about 3 miles all fine stopped car done shopping come to go home start car no blower

this is driving me mad now !!

will a CCM from another car fit plug and play or do they have to matched o the vehicle via the dealer ?

HELP PLEASE ....... if anyone can

Last edited by hodge911; Oct 12th, 2020 at 16:42.
Old Oct 12th, 2020, 17:15   #10
JohnL

Now you have the Vida working, what are the codes stored now.
I dont think like all the other modules on this car they seem to be linked to the car so fitting another one wont always work, somebody else may be able to confirm.
John
JohnL is offline   Reply With Quote