Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

2022 XC60 R Design Questions/Pic Request

Views : 4576

Replies : 29

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 20th, 2021, 20:37   #21
gibbs2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanS05 View Post
Hi All

New to the forum as I am close to hitting the button on an order for a facelift XC60 T6 R Design with 21" Alloys. I have a test drive booked in this Tuesday before I go ahead and I have been doing some reading up the last couple days which has brought up some questions, I'm hoping you guys can help out:

- It would appear that on all new models there will be no paddle shifters, is this correct? I always use paddle shifters in my cars so it's a bit disappointing. I don't believe it's possible to change manually via the gear selector either?

- No more drive mode selector. I asked the dealer and they said whilst the selector has gone you can still change modes using the infotainment screen. Can anyone clarify if this is the case, is there a comfort and sport mode for example?

- No Apple Car Play? Must admit once you get used to having this it's a pain to go back, I believe this is due to software glitches and may be updated soon but I haven't been able to get any more info? Doesn't sound promising with no timeline

- Ability to connect phone/play music via USB. Is it true that whilst you can plug your phone in to charge there is no USB interface for playing music etc?

- Google System. Anyone that is using this, what are your thoughts? How does the overall system work vs say the latest BMW's, especially with regards to voice commands such as setting temperature in the car etc. Is this even possible on this?

- Has anyone taken delivery of a new R Design yet? If so could you post some pictures, particularly if you have the 21" Alloys? It's hard to find real life pics.

Cheers!
I took delivery of B4 AWD inscription with climate pack nearly a month ago having sold a 5 series BMW.
All i can say is I wish I still had the BMW.
My car is currently in the dealers awaiting new parts to sort the following,
1. All speed limits are inaccurate
2. Google Assistant keeps say "oops something went wrong"
3. Message "ready to drive" flashes up when doing 70mph.
4. Unable to alter dash brightness unless you do system reset.
5 USB's can't be used for playing music, charge only. My specification said USB - B but they are the C's

Also the inability to use speed limiter without going into the main settings is appalling.

Volvo really need to get a grip, for premium manufacturer its pants.
I was thinking of rejecting under sale of goods act but having looked at alternatives there is a wait of 12 months for and X3 or 12-18 for new F pace.
Stuck between a rock and a hard place.
Best of luck
gibbs2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gibbs2009 For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 22nd, 2021, 11:27   #22
Fibrous

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbs2009 View Post
I took delivery of B4 AWD inscription with climate pack nearly a month ago having sold a 5 series BMW.
All i can say is I wish I still had the BMW.
My car is currently in the dealers awaiting new parts to sort the following,
1. All speed limits are inaccurate
2. Google Assistant keeps say "oops something went wrong"
3. Message "ready to drive" flashes up when doing 70mph.
4. Unable to alter dash brightness unless you do system reset.
5 USB's can't be used for playing music, charge only. My specification said USB - B but they are the C's

Also the inability to use speed limiter without going into the main settings is appalling.

Volvo really need to get a grip, for premium manufacturer its pants.
I was thinking of rejecting under sale of goods act but having looked at alternatives there is a wait of 12 months for and X3 or 12-18 for new F pace.
Stuck between a rock and a hard place.
Best of luck
Hi,

Re 1. with the speed limits are you saying every single limit you are shown is wrong? That sounds you might have some faulty sensor then. Mine works fine though sometimes doesn't change quick enough when suddenly going from one limit to another for a short part of the road.

Re 2. if the google assistant says something is wrong it is usually because it has lost the internet connection and can't work something out that is needed 'live'

Re 3 The message Ready to Drive can be switched off in settings I think.

Re 4 The dash brightness is on the wheel lower right behind steering wheel. Works when lights are on.

Re 5 USB can be used for audio, just install AudioWagon. If your spec said USB B then you were given the wrong spec sheet, these 22 cars have USB C

Lastly the Speed Limiter can be controlled from the steering wheel - https://www.volvocars.com/en-eg/supp...trol-functions

Hope that helps solve your issues.
All the best.
Fibrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22nd, 2021, 12:50   #23
Ian.7878

Hi All!
Just got my "nightmare" of a XC60 MY22 back from the dealers again today! they have installed the latest version of the software 1.8,
BUT....

It still has NOT resolved the incorrect speed issues being displayed
I have been told that its being "worked" on and will be resolved!

I agree with what Fibrous says about the USB, mine has "c" and i have installed Audio Wagon and it works amazing!

Cheers
Old Dec 22nd, 2021, 13:53   #24
Fibrous

Yes the display of speed limits is definitely work in progress!
I think overall some owners are experiencing poor or lack of network connection which causes delays and issues with updates and other 'live requests' by the Google system. I am not too sure if its Vodafone's network they are using.

Last edited by Fibrous; Dec 22nd, 2021 at 13:57.
Old Jan 4th, 2022, 14:35   #25
GeeVee

Default 21 inch alloys

I have a MY22 XC60 R Design B4D. I have just come from air on a RRsport to this on 21 inch alloys and no air. Yes, it is slightly on the firm side BUT excellent for ride and cornering. Do not be put off; try it.
GeeVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2022, 10:07   #26
Maccaboy10

I’ve received my XC60 recharge last week, overall I’m enjoying it but there are a large amount of ‘niggles’ all of which related to the Google software, it does feel a bit like we’re all beta testers..
How long do we think is reasonable to wait for the updates to resolve issues? And at what stage and to what degree do we ask for recompense from Volvo for missing features?
I don’t think they’d be too impressed if the shoe was on the other foot - ‘I think I’ll pay £15 less on my monthly fees and tell them not to worry, it’s only a little amount, you’re still getting most of the money and I’ll start paying the £15 ‘soon’ with an ‘update’.’ Of course they won’t by bothered by the months of not having it, while I was ‘working on it’..
Maccaboy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2022, 20:15   #27
gibbs2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fibrous View Post
Hi,

Re 1. with the speed limits are you saying every single limit you are shown is wrong? That sounds you might have some faulty sensor then. Mine works fine though sometimes doesn't change quick enough when suddenly going from one limit to another for a short part of the road.

Re 2. if the google assistant says something is wrong it is usually because it has lost the internet connection and can't work something out that is needed 'live'

Re 3 The message Ready to Drive can be switched off in settings I think.

Re 4 The dash brightness is on the wheel lower right behind steering wheel. Works when lights are on.

Re 5 USB can be used for audio, just install AudioWagon. If your spec said USB B then you were given the wrong spec sheet, these 22 cars have USB C

Lastly the Speed Limiter can be controlled from the steering wheel - https://www.volvocars.com/en-eg/supp...trol-functions

Hope that helps solve your issues.
All the best.
can you tell me where to get audio wagon from.
gibbs2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2022, 09:27   #28
auzwa

https://moleman1024.github.io/audiowagon/

Can also watch this video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vcc1d4r6uDg
auzwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2022, 11:20   #29
Fibrous

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbs2009 View Post
can you tell me where to get audio wagon from.
Yes, go to the Google Play store on your cars centre screen and download/install from there.
Old Feb 3rd, 2022, 11:33   #30
33CHINACARS

Also looking at a XC60 MY22
B6 only available in R-Design
T6 was a MY21
No Drive Mode wheel in B6 . It was there in the T6
No Diesels Blame Europeans for that.
Far better mileage from my current MY12 D5 diesel than a high revving petrol engine. We live in country Australia so a T8 may not be of great benefit for us.
As for the colours, all very bland . Volvo has really dropped the ball in this regard. Enough to make me go to another brand.
33CHINACARS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2022, r design, volvo, xc60