Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Performance Volvo Cars

Notices

Performance Volvo Cars A forum for those interested in any Volvo performance car from any era, FWD, RWD and AWD!

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Performance Section Dates inc. Santa Pod!!

Views : 967

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 22nd, 2002, 21:35   #1
noiseboy
VOC Member

Default Performance Section Dates inc. Santa Pod!!

Hey all - here comes latest calendar news.... I would appreciate hearing back from anyone who wants do do any of these ASAP...... ;)

You will see that I have put a list of dates at the beginning of this mail, and then expanded detail below. I hope that this means that no one will miss anything important that they wanted to get involved in.

DIARY DATES:

Date Event

May 18 . . . "Redline Rumble" @ Santa Pod Raceway

June 5 . . . Group Visit to Prodrive (Touring Car Developer)
June 9 . . . Historical Car Day @ Donnington (Limited Free places)
June 16. . . VOC National Rally @ Shuttleworth Park, Beds

July 14. . . VOC Three Counties Section Show

August 31. . Classic & Sports Car track day @ Castle Coombe

September 1. Volvo Marque Day @ Heritage Motor Centre

October 6. . European Touring Cars @ Donnington Park

November . . Events TBA

December . . Events TBA

So now for the details....

** MAY 18 - "Redline Rumble" at Santa Pod Raceway. **

This event, organised by REDLINE magazine is a "Run what you Brung" style event, at Santa Pod. The day is open to all classes of modified (or not) cars, who can, if they wish do a series of runs on the drag strip - to get 0-60 and Qtr mile times profesionally measured. Gates open 8am, event runs 10am - 6pm. Entry Prices: Adults £9.00, 12-16y/o £4.50 and under 12s go free. Sign-on fee for drag runs is £15 for 5 runs, and you have to produce your driving license. Anyone who wants to come please email me <phil@t5r.org> and if there is enough interest I'll try and get us a group discount, otherwise I think it'll be buy your own ticket, and meet up on they day. Let me know!!

** JUNE 5 - Prodrive Visit **

This one you all know about, and it's full anyway - so I wont waste space by reiterating the details here. I will be in touch with the people going, nearer the time to confirm details.

** JUNE 9 - Classic Sports Car Day - Donnington Park **

Sentley Wilson has kindly offered the VOC performance section his companies' corporate hospitality box at Donnington for this event. We therefore have upto 20 **FREE** places for VOC members to come along and see lots of classic sports car action, as well as anoraking around with our own motors... THANKYOU to Sentley for this one. Please would interested parties email me <phil@t5r.org> to reserve a place, as I'm sure they'll go quickly!

** JUNE 16 - VOC National Day, Shuttleworth Old Wardens Park - Beds **

The clubs' national day is being held on the 16th of June this year, and I would like very much to get a Modified/Performance Car section exhibiting. This would provide us all with a good oppertunity to meet other members and sections of the VOC as well as giving them a chance to meet us and see what we're all about. The day is by all acounts a lot of fun - and an oppertunity to anorak with simply millions (subject to vast exhageration) Volvo owners. VOC members can of course apply direct to the club, although I would like to be kept informed so I know whether or not to expect people... Let me know <phil@t5r.org>

** JULY 14 - Three Counties Section Show, Hemel Hempstead **

Mick Johnston from the Three Counties Section has invited any members of the Performance Section who would like to attend, and exhibit their modified motor at their showing in Hemel on July 14 to get in touch. I personally cannot attend unfortunately, owing to a work commitment, but it would be nice if a few people could take along some "alternative" (as I think he put it) cars to bolster their stand!! Please let me know ASAP - you know the address by now <phil@t5r.org>

** AUGUST 31 - Classic & Sportcar Track Day @ Castle Coombe **

This day is being organised by Keith Wilson, the clubs competition section who will be attending with all his members. We have been invited, and the organisers have included an 850 class. At present I have had 6 replies from people wanting to come, anyone else please let me know ASAP, so that I can forward the details to Keith.

** SEPTEMBER 1 - Volvo Marque Day @ Heritage Motor Centre **

I would very much like for the Performance Section to be well represented on this day. Please can anyone who can make it get in touch ASAP. It promises to be a very good day, and will see a broad spectrum of owners and suppliers attend - not just the VOC but anyone with an interest in Volvo.

** OCTOBER 6 - European Touring Cars @ Donnington Park **

Volvo will be racing at this meeting, and I would like to use this as a publicity vehicle for the VOC and particularly the performance section. I will, with enough interest from you the members, talk to Donnington and get some infield display space - and put together a stand for the day, but need cars!! Anyone interested please let me know. This will undoubtably be a very valuable day for us, so your support will be very much appreciated.

I look forward to hearing from you all soon, and seeing many of you at our various meetings around the country. Anyone who needs to contact me, feel free to email <phil@t5r.org> or call me anytime 07771 533664.

Best Regards,

Phil :-)

www.t5r.org
noiseboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2002, 07:41   #2
markas
VOC Member

Default RE: Performance Section Dates inc. Santa Pod!

Hi All,

For everyone who is going what time are we all going to be there and where will we be parking, if not thrashing :-)?

mark
markas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2002, 21:22   #3
mick

hi phil :D

me and a couple of mates are very intrested in the stand at donnington as we are life long volvo surporters let me know if you need any help.

mick
Old May 29th, 2002, 20:08   #4
noiseboy
VOC Member

No worries Mick!

I will make more details available nearer the time, when arrangements have been formalised.

Rgds,

Phil :-)

www.t5r.org
noiseboy is offline   Reply With Quote