Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Performance Volvo Cars
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Performance Volvo Cars A forum for those interested in any Volvo performance car from any era, FWD, RWD and AWD!

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

TME saga continues

Views : 1013

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 6th, 2002, 23:18   #1
Andy
Master Member

Default TME saga continues

Hi all,

I've just been told that my ECU for my manual 855R has had a 'Superchip' fitted by a previous owner and the TME upgrade is not possible with it fitted.

Anyone out there want to swop a standard unmolested ECU (part no: 0261 204 225) for my Superchipped version so I can get my TME upgrade.

Or is there no point......... be thankful for what I've got...

Comments please (hoping it won't spark another Supplier war ;-) ).

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2002, 00:17   #2
a15htn

Why don't you bring it to Power Engineering with the rest of us ??

See how yours does with the Superchip and then see what the TME & others do.... then you can make the decision based on fact ?

Be good to see what it'll do too!

Jim,
'96 855-R (The Flying Wardrobe)
Old Jun 7th, 2002, 00:42   #3
Andy
Master Member

Default RE: TME saga continues

Good point- I'll be there!!

Just too impatient!! :-)

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2002, 08:14   #4
Craig_V40

I lurk a lot on Scoobynet and other turbo car forums. There are mixed views about Superchips, but everyone seems to agree that they work well **providing** the install and set-up is done sympathetically, by someone who knows what they're doing.

Because the Superchip simply removes the standard ECU overboost protection, and a bleed valve is used to raise the boost, it's easy for a ham-fisted mechanic to go over the top and frag the engine.

But set up properly on a rolling road, using a gas analyzer to monitor fuelling through the range, they are supposed to work very well. The PE session should help with this ....
Old Jun 8th, 2002, 12:07   #5
davebslater(uk)
redbollock guru

Default RE: TME saga continues

Ill be sending down a manual boost controller to phil wright for him to try , so youll also be able to see how that works , its actually quite sensitive , and can be doubled up to produce a two stage boost level . Subaru owners go mad for these , 'dawes devices' which are imported from america , mine is the english version , and im only pushing them to volvo owners at the moment , they are also cheaper !!.
Ive had a 480 right into the red scale with boost and it seemed the boost was spooling up much quicker , thats because the valve keeps the wastegate shut completely until boost set pressure is reached .
T5uk.com has a complete installation and setup procedure for T5 , just click on boost controller.

Regards dave