Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

2014 V60 - Alarm System Malfunction, Help!

Views : 3976

Replies : 16

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 5th, 2021, 13:56   #1
seamusmcginley

Exclamation 2014 V60 - Alarm System Malfunction, Help!

Hi all,

Our 2014 Volvo V60 D2 1.6 Diesel has an alarm system malfunction service warning.

The immobiliser no longer blinks which sounds like the alarm battery has died, if I lock the car after a while the hazards come on flashing.

I cannot find information anywhere on the location of the siren/alarm box for a modern V60. All information online leads to the old models in which the alarm/siren box is in the driver wheel well behind covers which need to be removed. I’ve serarced this area and taken out the headlights but there’s so sign of it in my 2014 V60.

Can anyone shed some light on the alarm system for a 2014 V60 and where I may possibly Find the alarm unit to remove and replace the battery?

Thank you
Regards
seamusmcginley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2021, 16:47   #2
GrahamHR

The siren is behind the (UK) passenger side wheelarch liner, high up in the wheelarch. It has a steel casing and is not designed to be easily opened for battery replacement; the welds have to ground away.
GrahamHR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GrahamHR For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 5th, 2021, 16:58   #3
Deck1ng
Master Member

As above, there are a number of videos on UTube showing how to gain access to the unit and replacing the batteries. As stated it’s not a simple job, if your okay on the tools you should be okay.
Deck1ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2021, 17:34   #4
seamusmcginley

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamHR View Post
The siren is behind the (UK) passenger side wheelarch liner, high up in the wheelarch. It has a steel casing and is not designed to be easily opened for battery replacement; the welds have to ground away.
Are you sure this is true for a 2014 version V60? I’ve seen all the videos but they are referencing all Volvos in the early to mid 2000s. I’ve had the liner in the passenger side wheel well off but couldn’t see the units box
Old Oct 5th, 2021, 17:53   #5
GrahamHR

That's where it is in mine, a 2015 V60 ( built late 2014). It's high up and well back in the wheelarch.
The Following User Says Thank You to GrahamHR For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 5th, 2021, 18:23   #6
seamusmcginley

Quote:
That's where it is in mine, a 2015 V60 ( built late 2014). It's high up and well back in the wheelarch.
Appreciate it thank you, I’ll have another go.
Old Oct 6th, 2021, 16:10   #7
seamusmcginley

Quote:
Got access to it today thanks to your help. The battery had leaked and corroded a few of the pins, hoping nothing is damaged beyond repair but I’ll try another battery in before replacing the PCB/unit.
Old Oct 6th, 2021, 16:49   #8
glynh

Post phots if you can so people can use this thread as info if needed
Old Oct 6th, 2021, 22:29   #9
GrahamHR

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamusmcginley View Post
Got access to it today thanks to your help. The battery had leaked and corroded a few of the pins, hoping nothing is damaged beyond repair but I’ll try another battery in before replacing the PCB/unit.
Let us know how you get on please. I removed and dismantled mine in the Spring, alarm battery voltage seemed fine. Main battery on the car went flat when it was off the charger for about 5 days. God, I wouldn't leave it at an airport if I was on a business trip like I used to do with my 2006 Mondeo. When I used a jump start, the siren went off. If I disconnect the main battery and reconnect, it seems to reset the alarm service required message for a few days. The electronics on these cars are very strange and unreliable!
Old Oct 7th, 2021, 21:56   #10
GrahamHR

It's a bit of a lottery. Original in my 2015 V60 and the 2014 Landrover one I bought have the same Ford part number on them. Took apart the LR one today, a 2.4V ( 2x 1.2V) NiMH battery, no corrosion. It didn't sort out my alarm last summer Around £20 for a new battery ! I'm tempted to buy a 2 x AAA battery holder for £2.00 and fit it remotely, with AAA NiMH rechargeables at around £1.00 each !

Tags
alarm, malfunction, siren, v60, volvo