Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Xc60 brand new driver door issue

Views : 990

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 15th, 2021, 20:03   #1
Artyking

Unhappy Xc60 brand new driver door issue

I purchased a brand new XC60 march 2021.
After a week i heard a quick and slight resistance when opening the drivers door, upon inspection it appears the trims were clashing.
The trims were replaced by Volvo.
A few weeks later it happened again, upon a more detailed inspection, i noticed the drivers door is clashing with the rear passenger door by a couple of mm.
It was returned to Volvo once again, it was returned to me unfixed, i was informed it needs to go to a bodyshop.
Extremely frustrated, as my brand new Volvo XC60 needs to go to a bodyshop.
Needless to say, I've heard nothing from Volvo, i have put in several complaints to Volvo UK , where they insulted me by offering me £150 in Volvo vouchers, and still no resolution to the problem.
I have now registered a complaint to the motoring ombudsman and sent an email to Volvo managing director, requesting a replacement vehicle of same specification minus defect.

This should not be the case with any new car, especially a premium brand such as Volvo costing over £40k.

My concern is, it's a design fault and/or manufacting problem.

Id be very interested if anyone else has had this issue.
Kind regards
Andy
Artyking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16th, 2021, 09:32   #2
RandolphC

collected mine in early August with no problems, hope you get it sorted.
RandolphC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16th, 2021, 10:06   #3
Lexman8
Premier Member

I rejected my first XC90 due to paintwork issues. I asked for it to be replaced and eventually a new car was delivered to me 3 months later.

Suggest you read the relevant sections of the Consumer Rights Act 2015 particularly Part 1, Chapter 2, Sections 9 to 24.

I've attached a copy (it's actually quite readable).
_
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Consumer Rights Act 2015.pdf (1.16 MB, 6 views)
Old Oct 16th, 2021, 10:55   #4
techwatcher
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyking View Post
It was returned to Volvo once again, it was returned to me unfixed, i was informed it needs to go to a bodyshop.
Could I ask why the dealer didn't arrange for the car to go to a bodyshop if they said it needed it?
Old Oct 18th, 2021, 17:26   #5
Bowsk

Your post is very interesting because I have (or had) the same problem with the driver’s door. My car is an XC60 R-Design with the black trims at the top of the doors. It was registered in September 2019.

The issue has been intermittent and only noticeable in dry weather as rain lubricates the trims. There has never been a problem when first opening the driver’s door to get in, just when opening to get out – even after moving a short distance, there would be a resistance and graunching noise as the door moved - just as you describe. Interestingly, when then closing and reopening the door to check out the problem there was never a repeat of the graunching nor sign of the trims touching. However, there was clear evidence of the top of door trims rubbing with black paint worn away.

My car went into my dealer last week for service and they declared the problem fixed. Inspecting, the trims haven’t been replaced and I suspect a bit of force has been used to widen the gap or maybe just a smear of grease on the trims judging by the residue.

It is too early for me to celebrate but I will certainly be checking how things progress.
Bowsk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
design fault, door issue, poor service, volvo, xc60